Stop taking world buffs so seriously and you won't get mad about dispelling. It's a feature in the game priests are doing nothing wrong

People put such importance on world buffs when they are not mandatory at all for clearing classic content. The reason that people dispel is because they know that lots of people hold world buffs to such a high pedistle. It’s like the luxury clothing brand Off-white. People go nuts for off white clothing and it looks like garbage. I could put a plain Wal mart shirt on and tell someone it’s off white and suddenly it’s a luxury shirt.

Value is ascribed to what we ascribe it to and so many people value world buffs so highly. Me? I think it’s funny if I get dispelled. So this week our blackwing Lair is 51:34 instead of 51 minutes. I think I’m gonna cry lmao. Stop putting world buffs on such a high pedistle and it won’t bother you one bit being dispelled .

They shouldn’t even be in the game anyways it’s insanity to spend an hour getting world buffs to shave 30 minutes off of a run. If my guild didn’t expect it of me, I wouldn’t get them.

15 Likes

I for one, have enjoyed ruining the speed clears of two guilds who spend their days camping Kargath by stripping their tanks’ DM buffs and songflowers.

That said, seems kinda rude to randomly do it to folks.

3 Likes

Okay OP done.

1 Like

People don’t care about their clear times as much as wanting to be a 99 parser. I don’t care that much about world buffs, but if I could choose, I’d have them removed entirely. I hate the world buff meta.

1 Like

Boy does Blizzard have a decade old expansion to sell you in a year!

6 Likes

i want to be a 99 parser but I don’t have a MQG or a PI priest but I still like my world buffs :slight_smile:

I find having a summoning network setup takes a lot of pressure off from losing buffs.

I’ve lost my buffs multiple times, and other than losing dragonslayer buff it only takes me about 10min to do DMT->Felwood and with Nova World Buffs you can set hearth to Booty Bay and snag a ZG at the last second as soon as it is announced.

1 Like

WoW classic players need World Buffs to make them feel validated tho. They need as much inconvenience and min/maxing as possible to convince themselves that WoW classic is “harder” than retail even tho a normal dungeon encounter from retail is 10x harder than any raid in classic

1 Like

People drop statements like “I want to be a 99 parser” as if that’s an argument in itself. Analyzing your desires, determining if they’re rational and healthy, and then exerting some control over them if not, is apparently a foreign concept in current year.

1 Like

“If you have dispel problems I feel bad for you son, I’ve got a 99 parse without world buffs on.” ?

6 Likes

I feel personally attacked from this thread.

4 Likes

Stop this nonsense lol.

A boss with 0 mechanics but doing really high damages could be called a “hard boss”.

Yes retail have way harder mechanics but Classic’s raids especially from BWL to Naxx are harder than a normal dungeon.
The “difficulty” isn’t in the mechanics but in the preparation + 40 players.

You can still faceroll the “hard” raids from Retail with the proper knowledge.
Do you remember the 30 mages Nya’Lotha ? 20 tanks mythic etc…

What do you think would happen if a 8.3 BFA Classic is released ? The same thing as Classic : players faceroll every raids like this no matter how hard they are

2 Likes

Yeah, they’re super duper hard. Tons of mechanics that do no damage or have any actual effect.

So hard Blizzard even thought you guys needed to rez right before them to try again if you wipe.

1 Like

Dispelling part of being on a PvP server. If i didnt want to risk losing the buffs id reroll on a PvE server to avoid it. I treat WBs the same way. If i didnt like them id not get them.

Both scenarios have options that any player can choose. Complaining that you arent adult enough to make those choices is really just kinda pathetic to watch. Its a video game, get some control on yourself

PvP servers come with this sort of feature of risk.

That’s the entire point. And why I rolled on a PvE server. Cause I could care less about that kind of nonsense.

2 Likes

Had me until this. Ha.

what in the world is a pedistle?

1 Like

I seriously don’t understand why people care so much about numbers on a 3rd party website. As long as the boss dies, I’m happy.

5 Likes

It’s definitely not the intended use of the dispel mechanic unless actual pvp is involved. Sitting in spirit form with no purpose other than to try to trigger people by dispelling them is greifing.

Yeah pvp servers are awesome but those dispellers have no intention of ever engaging in anything that could be considered pvp. Dispel is a tool meant to be used to help you kill your opponent not greifing people for lulz.

Yes, yes it is. Likewise it was perfectly fine to rez on top of people eating in phase 2 and oneshot them.

World PvP is not about fair 1v1s. If it was, nobody would play anything but an SL warlock.

3 Likes