Stop Saying "Yeah But You Wanted the Vanilla Experience"

You’ll never be able to create that vanilla experience again. It’s impossible to have an experience that is the same you had 15 years ago. When the population is really huge and frankly people rush through content at 60 what did you expect to happen? Just reroll on a PVE server is my advice.

3 Likes

you dont know that im wrong either, i dont have to prove something to some random nobody on the forum

its an assumption yes, but im assuming that im right on this one. if you dont like it then prove me wrong or agree to disagree

2 Likes

I never said you were, I’m saying this statement is made up, baseless, so stating it as fact is ignorant.

Now if you just say “I think they increased the server caps” then sure, no argument here. But all you guys are running around acting like you are working for the back end at blizzard and have this information, you don’t.

2 Likes

so you just want to argue about something that cant be proven and play the devils advocate?

do that with someone else im done with you if you have nothing that shows im wrong

i still say they are bigger, i dont need you to like it

Yeah no. If I reroll, it will be to a horde toon on a pvp server. I was horde back in the day and it was great. I don’t understand the mindset of alliance and it’s beginning to wear on me. I’ve seen groups of alliance turn tail and run from even numbers of horde more times than I can count. When I played horde, we just dove in and let fly. I miss that.

When I know I’m flying into death every time I go to LHC, or the boat to Theramore, or Thorium Point, or Morgan’s Vigil. This is an attitude problem with alliance and I don’t think it can be fixed. I don’t understand it either.

1 Like

the population is only huge cause blizzard raised the cap of the amount of people per server by ALOT compared to classic

The minute they used straight 1.12 with 0 retuning, the experience was already recked.

5 Likes

indeed classic is not vanilla
add to op that this is patch 1.12 where weapon was normalized, spell power was added & class’s was revamped and certain ability was buffed and the current pvp atm has nothing to do with the pvp in early vanilla when honor came out.

1 Like

I’m not suggesting I dislike that they increased it or not. And I’m not playing devil’s advocate here either. I’m just asking people to maybe have some information before they go around acting like things are 100% truth.

You just remind me of the people who were going around complaining about things that ‘Weren’t in vanilla’ that they were 100% convinced blizzard ‘changed to ruin classic’. Like people complaining that blizzard ‘changed’ warlock infernals to not kill people (when it was working exactly like it was in 1.12) or people complaining about MC not being able to be used on boats and blizzard ‘changed’ so people couldn’t be toxic.

Like I said, if you guys go around saying “I think they did X” then I have nothing to point out, but when there’s thread like this with statements like

It just makes me think you don’t honestly care about the truth and just want to see what you want to see.

no one cares if you like our opinions bud

i still say they are bigger, and with this im done responding to you

God you are really having a hard time grasping this aren’t you lol.

I have no problem with your opinions, but you didn’t state it as an opinion. Do you understand this?

1 Like

They are bigger Blizzard even said it many many times, in fact they just said they increased the number of players that can be on by a substantial amount. From what Blizzard has said server pops are 12-15k on average.

3 Likes

so basically, we should’ve kept layers in… and even added more layers.

who would’ve guessed?

Not sure what server you’re on, but I’ve seen alliance steamroll on multiple realms like Grobbulus or Sulfuras. Maybe if you’re on Herod or Stalagg, then fine. It generally isn’t just a horde thing though.

I’m on Sulfuras. Maybe my timing is just bad, but as mentioned, I know for a fact I’m going to die when I fly into LHC or TP (and then many times on the way to BRM). Most nights Morgan’s Vigil is death as well. I even got killed riding from Redridge into BS to try avoiding the fly point camping at Morgan’s. It’s like this 90% of the time I’m trying to get stuff done. To the point where it’s a remarkable event to land and not die within 10 seconds.

I was shocked the other night when I rode the boat to Theramore and there were only 2 horde on it. It was pretty early in the day though and when I was back an hour later, there were 20 horde and we died.

Yeah I mean Sulfuras is one of the better balanced realms right now, it really goes both ways. I’ve seen the exact opposite before w/ alliance.

That’s what I’ve been told, but I’ve never once landed at LHC and not had to corpse hop out of there. Thorium Point maybe once or twice and I’ve made that flight dozens of times. I either have the most horrible timing of all time, or something isn’t right.

Found the actual incel.

2 Likes

I think you’re confusing “Vanilla” with “PvP.”

I’m sorry you didn’t understand that on PvP servers you are always flagged and can be ganked for existing. One side is always going to lose. Either muscle up and bring a larger army, roll PvE or go somewhere else. But don’t try and solo your way through a gank fest and then come complaining to the forums when that doesn’t work.

1 Like

The server size in vanilla was 3500 and even then it went loco during the AQ event and other things. Now it is around 15k, I believe.

1 Like