Stop rewarding the 1%

I mean it in the sense that raiders have typically been raiding for a long time, and all we need is a raid to keep us coming back. We don’t need the game reinvented, for the design teams to entirely switch focus, etc. If there’s a raid, we’re there.

Surely though you can see how self-indulgent that sounds, right? Raiders aren’t the only ones who pay a subscription to this game so naturally everyone should have content appeals to them, and not just a select few groups.

And we aren’t asking them to not focus on raiding. We’re asking for them to focus on the rest of the game with an equal amount of effort. Is that so wrong to ask?

If Blizzard wants to make that game, that’s fine, but I think they should be more honest with themselves, their playerbase, and the design of their game and just fully commit to it instead of haphazardly designing content that, realistically, only has about a month of playability before it gets stale.

2 Likes

Their loyal fans are playing other MMOs my dude. I’ve never seen the game more dead in SL than in any other point in the game’s history.

At least we have Classic though.

2 Likes

Not a miss at all.

Keep being in denial though.

It can only seem that way if you think only one of those demographics can exist. This isn’t a “you have to rob Peter to pay Paul” scenario like he is suggesting. Good content can exist for both - it is absurd to suggest good raids have to go for housing to exist, and suggesting that should happen when that has never been the case is way more “self indulgent”.

As I said in an edit above; WildStar had the best housing of any game since the Sims. It wasn’t enough to capture a casual audience. Blizzard has attempted all kinds of different things for casuals, but no casual demographic wants the same things as the other.

You guys saying you don’t see M+ as casual content is proof of that. The casuals I know only do M+.

You don’t need to abandon raid design for casual content. You need to know that things like Islands, Warfronts, etc are going to flop and devote THOSE resources to better things

It’s just very ironic to read about self indulgence and then seeing this comment handwaive away raiders being loyal to the game.

Idk man, y’all are a different breed of spiteful I guess.

You mean this game is “fixated” on rewarding people who actually play it and complete the content.

All games are like that, this really is the era of the lazy entitled people : /.

1 Like

I don’t get the point of mythic gear, there’s already a % of guilds that clear mythic but from that % only a small % do reclears for gear. What’s the point of a difficulty that should provide gear progress if the difficulty is set to high for doing reclears.

I already hate the fact that Blizzard have a path for 10-30 players with Normal and Hero and then those guilds can’t go to Mythic with the same group due to 20 players requirement, I think both of those things should be improved in WoW, raid difficulty, so there’s more reclears and roster size.

2 Likes

and how many have cleared the raid in savage in ff14?

Wildstar died because of many many many dumb decisions.

Again, of course they will engage in M+, because it is one of the few avenues of content in the game when you reach level cap lol. You’re having trouble grasping this mate big time.

No one is asking them to abandon raiding. Wow without it’s raids would kill the game probably.

Players just want more options really. I personally think a lot of players would sacrifice a raid tier or two if it meant getting more open world content.

Love the ad hominem lol!!!

To be fair, I don’t think that this is what they were suggesting. I think they were more or less referring to the idea that is consistently thrown around by raiders and M+ players who assume that focusing on any sort of casual content stream for casual players to engage with would detract significantly from other content streams like raiding.

That, and that there are probably a lot of people who play this game currently who would rather have other content to engage with, and that the only reason why they engage with raiding and M+ is because that’s all they have.

Like, most casual players do not care if you have your content streams. They just want their own. That’s all.

Blizzard has haphazardly attempted all kinds of things. I wouldn’t necessarily say they did a good job with any of them, and this is partly due to their ego and inability to listen to player feedback when given.

To be totally honest with you, I don’t think islands, warfronts, and Torghast are necessarily casual content, either. At least, not in the way people want. I think all of these systems that exist in the game are nothing more than complementary flourishes to endgame progression, which a lot of people don’t have any interest in playing.

Like, islands, warfronts, and Torghasts are emblematic of tone-deaf content because they don’t really do anything for casual players and they only exist as barriers for hardcore players to do the content they want to do.

1 Like

People joke about needing to sacrifice a raid tier for housing because Blizzard seems incapable of investing time and effort on multiple systems at once and making them good.

I don’t want them to sacrifice raiding. But I would be absolutely fine if they stopped giving so much time and attention to borrowed power systems that cater the most to raiders and other high-end players. Blizz has sunk SO MUCH time into systems like covenant powers & soulbinds, azerite powers, etc. Only for the playerbase to hate them. Instead, they could be investing that time and effort into other things, since raiding can exist just fine without those systems.

Luckily, they seem to be going in that direction with Dragonflight. No borrowed power systems in sight so far. And Dragonriding looks like it’s going to be a completely casual system for the open world that will have zero effect on your performance in instanced content.

2 Likes

Couldn’t have said it better if I tried.

2 Likes

Basically, just more boring repetitive content systems. This is the only thing this team can come up with these days really.

You can tell that there is a lack of talent at Blizzard these days. Some of this stuff being put out just feels like people are just phoning it in, or some marketing algorithm is making design decisions.

That was your question though; if I polled my guildies, would choose for housing and professions or raids and M+ to exist.

Guys, raiders have been among the most vocal about not wanting borrowed power. Do we seriously have amnesia about dominatio shards, about locked Covenant power, etc?

How is it that everything gets pointed back at raiders even when they were also hugely against said systems?

The persecution complex is bizarre. I’m pretty sure most of my most upvoted threads made were totally anti-Covenant power/locked covenants and you’re telling me that none of that happened?

I don’t even understand how you guys think that’s reality lmao

Honestly I rather trade Ion for hazelnuttygames. This elitist stuff is what will decline the game harder as more competition comes along. But also Blizzard will over monetize the addicts that are still playing. WOW tokens bought for carries must be a windfall seriously.

I said “A raid tier” lol not get rid of raiding all together. M+ can go bye bye though.

I don’t understand where the disconnect for you is coming from. Did any of us implicate that this is what raiders wanted? I feel like most of us acknowledged that this type of content is meaningless:

We’re all in agreement here, so why does it seem like you’re taking an argumentative stance against us? None of us said raiders wanted this content, and none of us said we wanted raiding to be removed. We’re just explaining to you the issues casual players have with the game, and it seems like you’re in agreement with most of that.

1 Like

That’s literally just ignoring the context of who I was replying to. I was literally asked about whether or not my guildies would prefer housing or another raid tier.

You’re only reading your replies to me while reading my replies to you and somebody else. He, in one post above, also just advocated for the removal of M+.