Stop rewarding the 1%

Yea pvp rewards be like that sadly.

I just gave up on ever stuff like that honestly.

So many cool mogs reserved for arena players. Not really a fan of arenas or rated pvp.

I do collect stuff from other content. Pvp is just too annoying to deal with so I ignore all the cool mogs there :sob:

4 Likes

This looks like bait af, but Iā€™m waiting for things to complete in Chimeraland so, why not, Iā€™ll bite :slight_smile:

So let me get this straight you think as soon as you log in you should get every AotC mount, every gladiator mount, and just every mount in the game? No thatā€™s just absurd and makes 0 sense, if everything looks cool then cool because the normal and it is no longer cool.

Yes it is awesome, thatā€™s why itā€™s given to the people that actually work for it. Maybe if you want it them actually try to get it instead of writing on the forums.

Because they work harder than someone who just logged in and did a world quest that has a 100% chance to drop the mount they spent weeks farming.

No they donā€™t, most are just recolors of a mount they get the first season, and those mounts use the basic skeletons of dragons.

1800 isnā€™t the 1%, itā€™s like the 60%. If you canā€™t get 1800 then honestly you canā€™t get even close to KSM so why are you not complaining about KSM?

Guess I stand corrected, you did complain about KSM. Honestly just donā€™t play any game ever, donā€™t do anything because the best stuff is usually things you have to work hard for. Youā€™re pretty much saying that everyone should get a yacht and a lambo when they are bornā€¦

Maybe put effort in then. Your mage tower right now is something you worked for, do you think it should be given to everyone that makes a lock?

6 Likes

Those cool mogs exist outside of pvp though. Since wod pvp hasnt had unique mog models, the base conquest set is the same as lfr/normal/heroic and the 1800 set is the mythic version

Only thing that are really unique would be the weapon illusions. Tabards could be argued that casuals get exalted rep tabards, which most pvpers never get because they donā€™t do world content

I donā€™t have any of the covenant mogs unlocked and never will because farming grateful offerings and crimson court/path of ascension is not something iā€™ll ever look into. I find the purple path of enlightenment sets and weapons really cool

1 Like

Earn: gain deservedly in return for oneā€™s behaviour or achievements /end thread. You did not earn it thus you do not get it.

3 Likes

Oh. They have some awesome recolors of sets I like. One of my transmog addons shows all the unobtainable mogs no longer in the game. Some are pretty good colors ya know?

But I know I hate doing arena. So I just try to block it out my mind as a collector.

At least casual pvping you can get some decent mogs. But they stopped adding the cool versions for casually pvping.

I am actually excited though tjat I can get mythic tier this patch from doing mythic 15s. Been doing a bunch of those across all my characters. As a collector Itā€™s just dissapointing seeing so many mogs not used or obtainable right now.

1 Like

Did you wake up from the vanilla? There have been glad mounts since tbc.
Moreover, there has been so much casual content since Legion.
Thereā€™s like 200 mounts+ an expansion to get, not being able to get a special one that is mostly special because of being tied to KSM or glad isnā€™t the end of the world.
Itā€™ s more entitlement if anything that you should be able to not play the game and not miss anything.

2 Likes

Except those things arenā€™t the same. Why?

Because if you change your mind in two expansions and decide to go back and farm the grateful offerings and the exalted rep tabard you CAN.

In two expansions casuals canā€™t go try their hardest for the gladiator mount from this season or the weapon illusion, or the armor sets, or the tabard, etc. Those things are gone forever.

This wouldnā€™t be as bad of an issue if we at least had the chance to obtain them later, but we donā€™t. Itā€™s scummy.

10 Likes

skill issue :100:

7 Likes

Yup there have been, great observation. Except there was also a casual-friendly version of that for every expansion, until now.

If you wanted a netherwing drake you could go get one, the armored one was for gladiator and that was fine. But at least casuals could still get that type of mount.

Show me all the other ā€œsouleaterā€ mounts I can get in Shadowlands please. I donā€™t think itā€™s fair that only the actual top pvpers get to monopolize that entire awesome mount type.

8 Likes

the maw dropped one from the event

**edit
not sure if it was that one

Wow! Never heard so much rubbish.

Use some self-control and quit fixing things like a child unaccustomed to someone else building a sand castle in a sandbox you think you own.

Iā€™ve never understood the shortsightedness of comments like this

Yeah, thatā€™s not a personal attack at all :roll_eyes:

I honestly donā€™t mind for most items - technically pixels. But why anyone who doesnā€™t play open world casual content should care what we get is beyond silliness, and more entitled than anything. idjits

8 Likes

i think thatā€™s a great design decision tbh. thatā€™s what keeps some of these mounts uniqueā€¦I kind of hope that they treat the KSM mounts the same way - where those models are only available from getting shadowlands dungeons done.

thereā€™s enough recolors/reskins for the more common types of mountsā€¦but anything prestige should be treated special so they remain that way. :100:

2 Likes

He meant this model.

Itā€™s only been available through pvp this whole expansion. Those bear reskins are another thing.

2 Likes

how is that anything like this?

Ok I seeā€¦ xd
So what they did is more lazy than anything.
They added the unchained one and the chained one later as a reward both for glad.
If anything thatā€™s a negative for everyone xd

1 Like

Because no one wants to give something they worked hard for to someone who did nothing. Thereā€™s a reason why people who get gladiator donā€™t like the people who fork over a few thousand dollars to pay for gladiator.

7 Likes

so yea thatā€™s kinda stupid, normally they should have done a color variant at minimum and released the unchained version to a drop. SL keep being scuffed

They get the cool stuff because they do the stuff with the cool stuff as the reward. Otherwise why even bother. Nothing is stopping the rest of us from even trying other than ourselves.

2 Likes

Yup exactly, at least in other expansions we had that. The theme always was something like anyone can get the normal mount but the ā€œarmoredā€ version (which was adorned with skulls and weapons etc.) was the gladiator version, which not only made sense but let casuals feel cool too, to a lesser degree.

Now we donā€™t even have that.

3 Likes

Itā€™s not scummy, achieving those rating milestones varies from season and expansion. Achieving top 1% on a class that wasnā€™t OP back in cata cannot be replicated by getting 2400 now due to overtuned covenant abilities/trinkets that arenā€™t balanced around pvp. Itā€™s the same reason why getting hall of fame on sylvannas last season doesnā€™t reward you with hall of fame ghuun- itā€™s not a difficulty that can be replicated

Casuals have alternatives available to them

6 Likes