Stop removing portals

That.
No one here… and I mean NO ONE here…can say with a straight face and be taken seriously as actually believing themselves that the world was bigger for the folks in 1725 riding horse and buggy as opposed to today where I can hop on a passenger jet and be on another continent in less than a day.
NO one believes that no matter how much they try to convince themselves and everyone else that they might.

4 Likes

My response was explicitly to the comment that player engagement is the top priority.

I was proposing an alternative to increase to player engagement and fun by eliminating even more tiresome travel and getti players right into the action.

It was not a strawman against portal removal. That’s why context is key not quoting only part of things.

God they have to fix this forum quoting crap. :joy:

1 Like

The second classic is pushed in my face three subs wont be paid for again.

2 Likes

You were being sarcastic and using hyperbole. You were not making a sincere suggestion, and don’t pretend otherwise.

5 Likes

Obviously, but it was aimed at that specific sentence about what is the top priority.

I’m not the biggest classic supporter but it is a bit sad how the game has devolved into world of mount farming/achievement/transmog hunting and lootboxes rather than a real mmo world.

How about this BFA quest I just picked up titled “Caverns of Time” to unlock the Mag’har race. You guys actually put content in caverns of time THIS expansion and are rhetorically asking us what content we’re doing that portals helps so much with, to which the answer is very clearly ANY OF IT. Seriously, this is the kind of screw the players and mock them attitude that people hoped was being fired last month.

14 Likes

Well, look at it this way. You dont have to do all of that. But many of us would have quit long ago, taking that sub money with us, had those things not be added to the game.
So which do you prefer? Blizzard having money to keep making more content…or a dead end game stuck in perpetual classic mode ?

They should absolutely not be removing portals from other locations. We still have quests to go there and we need to get back.

2 Likes

Er I hate to tell you, but collectors are the ones that typically stay subbed the longest. It shouldn’t be a shock that Blizzard wants to keep them.

7 Likes

That would require the world still be active even at the higher levels. Random events, things happening on the road, something to keep you on your toes. But each zone is static and with few exceptions, self contained. It has been pretty much that way since Vanilla.

Once you’re done with Elwynn Forest, save for Holiday events, you have zero reason to return.

So long as that is the modus operandus, the world will never feel alive.

Thats almost funny. Sorry :joy:
You have a quest to go to the CoT and the portal wont even be there ?

4 Likes

Exactly.
And the hub isnt going to make me ACTIVE in those places anymore than forcing me to go there to the AH.
I’ll hit and run just the same as I do now.

2 Likes

Farming old content isn’t even close to a problem with the game, it is a testament to how much many still enjoy doing be it nostalgia of the old, or just engagement in what was missed.

The game is devolved alright, but its from the funneling of the player base into the end game instead of the vast amount of options we once had. Even people who don’t care about raiding end up in LFR because the game constantly tells you to get better stuff by having your ilvl so prominently placed on your character screen, but years ago raiding was just for the “elite” and many never even considered touching that content. For them their end game might of been just farming cloth to get the rep they needed to get that cool mount that wasn’t their native faction. Or they may have just wanted to do their best at a profession. Those only live on in any form through running old content because they hardly add anything similar to the game anymore.

4 Likes

The dream MMORPG in my humble opinion would be a open world sandbox where the creators regularly inject new stories and content for players to engage in. Of course being a dream, I know that such a game would be nigh impossible to support financially.

But one can still dream, right?

2 Likes

15m flight paths are not fun or rewarding. They were not 10 years ago and they will not be now.

10 Likes

That makes sense. Thank you.

1 Like

How are you getting to old Dalaran?

That saved about 8 minutes, but the port is hostile to me on most of my alts. Was a little surprised to see the portal unlocked, as I normally hit 85 before getting that far in the quest line.

hello bornakk

as a long time WOW player, yes… your comments come across as sarcastic, with a ROFL-LOL attitude. along with lack of knowledge on what your remaining players are doing in WOW. i know it’s easy to read into written words. but now i will play your game

"BORNAKK
What content are folks doing in like CoT that the portal helps so much with? What about other areas? How much time do you think the new setup will add to your journey?

My Response
What content are players doing in Exodar? the reason players go to COT because of the raids and instances there for the Meta WOW has become: achievements, mounts, pets, TMOGS.

i undertstood when portals were wiped in Shattrah, in WOTLK Dalaran, in MOP (early BFA). i understand the idea of centralizing portals, but wiping many in the manner DEVs are doing it, imo shows they do not play WOW

8 Likes