Stop removing portals

Not true-- If you haven’t done the quest chain, you still have access to Darn/UC.

Should clarify–

For Alliance folks, you still have access-- It ports you into Darkshore where you can talk to the Timewalker and turn back time, then you simply fly from Darkshore back into Darn.

Horde: I’m not sure how it works. Haven’t hit UC on this character recently. Might should try.

The Dalaran Crater portal is only available in Legion Dalaran, so yes, in regards to my comments.

Removing it is a massive impact on the Alliance faction’s access to Eastern Kingdoms, as I said. (As I said, there are events [mainly Christmas or Fire Festival, etc.] that take place up there that without the portal force the Alliance to spend 10-15 minutes on a Flight Path to reach, as well as dungeons like Strat, Zul’aman, etc. that people run for things like mounts, etc.)

Honestly though, I’d prefer you move the Dalaran Crater Portal to the new Portal Room, since the Greench can be done by low level toons as well. This would make the Greench more accessible during Winter Veil for Alliance, since it’s easily accessible for Horde too.

As for Caverns of Time, I don’t know what others are referring to. I would assume they were referring to Legion Dalaran.

2 Likes

No. But no one should just stand there while everyone is whacking them with sticks. No one should have to tolerate that kind of behavior. In that case… don’t place pearls before the swine.

1 Like

That makes no sense. Shouldn’t be able to progress in level over 110 without doing BFA content, of which those events are the beginning.

Horde can speak to a KoT npc and revert to old UC as well. And I don’t have a problem with that. But such players shouldn’t get a portal to those zones, since they technically only exist in a past tense for anyone with BFA over level 110 (the highest possible in Legion content).

My only gripe is that there’s no quick access to Pandaria’s Hub, the two shrines in the Vale of Eternal Blossoms. Every other expansion portal, sans Legion, which has its own Hearthstone, leads to that world’s hub, giving players a more centralized access to the continent.

Pandaria, however, only gives you access to the Jade Forest. Another portal directly to the shrines, or a “Pandaria Hearthstone” would alleviate this and allow centralized access to the continent with a cooldown. This means that Mage ports would still be valuable, lacking a cooldown, yet it would provide an equivalent access point to Pandaria that is provided to every other expansion continent in one way (portals) or another (Dalaran Hearthstone).

1 Like

Legion Dalaran portals for CoT, Dalaran Crater, Wyrmrest Accord, and Kara; I really wish I had remembered the Dalaran Crater during Love is in the Air, fortunately, my faction had the Arathi warfront on patrol status. I don’t think I would have done the Silverpine dailies if not for that.

Vale of Eternal Blossom Shrines (for both factions) from Legion-Dal is nice, esp for my mount/pet/mog farming friends. I resort to using the Timeless Isle trinket or the existing Jade Forest portal when I forget that there’s a Shrine portal.

Shattrath portal from Legion-Dalaran is great during TW weeks.

Since Cata portals aren’t slated for change, I think they are fine as is, esp since the are tied to questlines.

I do agree with other suggestions for having similar portal rooms in other major faction capitals. Don’t even need to build new architecture, just put them in a row or along the wall where the portal trainers are.

I personally will say that a physical portal for Hellfire and Blasted Lands reads better visually than an NPC.

2 Likes

the more portals the better.

4 Likes

In his first post, before he even asked for feedback of any kind, he was already trying to justify the removal of certain portals.
Then, when he did get around to asking questions, he continued to justify these unpopular changes in question form.

“The removal of portals will make the world seem bigger!”

If it’s your job to engage the community, this is NOT how you begin that process.

7 Likes

The past is not irrelevant… When customer feedback is ignored it doesn’t magically go away.

His job is to relay information, so what he says is attributed to the attitude of the developers.

Responses like this give an impression of disconnect from the players. That’s why he’s being “attacked”.

3 Likes

Everything you’ve said is all of the reasons I don’t play anymore after they basically removed flying. I’m more likely to spend more time playing on my alts with flight, farming, doing crafting, etc. Without flight, there’s just my main on the ground, I’m frustrated because getting around is frustrating and takes more time so there’s less I can get done on them in one sitting of playing.

So I just don’t play at all, I play another game that doesn’t make travel take a long time and just lets me play the game without feeling frustrated just trying to get around.

2 Likes

I don’t feel this alleviates the AFK problem you believe there might be around this.

I used the Hyjal to CoT example for the blue dragonstaff in another post. Let’s say I finished a step in the questline and needed to make that journey.

With the proper toon, after defeating the prerequisite boss, I can Dalaran hearthstone, CoT portal, and be there in less than 3 minutes on a character that has no faster traversal–I talk to the quest giver, and if I planned my instance lockout correctly, I hearthstone back to Current Expansion’s Inn, and use the Capital Portal™. Go through there, and go to the Cataclysm portal amalgamation (whever it may be in the city), and be flying right back to the Firelands raid instance in no time at all.

Now, if I don’t, I either sit on a flightpath or listen to my mount going “HRARHRHGHG” as it smashes against the height limit coming down from Mount Hyjal as I AFK either to the closest flightpath to the CoT, or in the directions of Caverns specifically.

Then when I’m done, I AFK flight path all the way back while I play a game in another window or on my phone, or get up and do laundry, not actively engaging in the game.

The first example has faster completion, but more retention in the activity as I have portals to let me move around the expansive world easier. The second one I’m literally on auto pilot and not being immersed because I’ve seen the landscapes dozens of times over.

Well-- I’ve barely touched BfA I’ve completed one chapter in one zone. Kinda how it’s always been. You can level past the entry level requirement from old quest, Pet Battles, Herb/Mining nodes, and Arch.

Had a quest today on my level 107 rogue that still gave a healthy chunk.

I really am not into being forced into a single avenue of quest in order to level.

Granted-- to level the fastest, you need to be doing Current live content. That’s where the highest amount of XP will get earned.

this is such a great idea. I’m out of likes to give for the day but quoting this to bump it.

2 Likes

EVERY PORTAL. All of them. I mean, I’d be okay with you removing the portals from other locations as long as ALL OF THEM are available in the portal rooms, and not just some of them. But if the dev team is going to the trouble of having them still be there while you’re on the class hall quests, then literally what’s the point of phasing them out?

7 Likes

i find comments like this intriguing:

People complain about the lack of “content”… but when you suggest that they go and do any of the things you’ve mentioned, the response is “I DON’T WANT TO RERUN OLD CONTENT WHICH I’VE DONE 40 TIMES BEFORE!!!”

…and now, suddenly everyone has decided they care about the old content.

Is it fair to complain about devs “getting it wrong”, when it’s actually the fault of the players for sending mixed messages?

Psst, those are different people. These forums are not a hivemind, everyone plays this game differently.

9 Likes

I want to spend my time playing the game, not traveling to the places to play the game. The world is big. It’s been explored. it’s old news. Stop killing the things that make the game great.

4 Likes

Those aren’t the same people…

9 Likes

Maybe the people running old content aren’t the same people as those complaining about it?

:thinking:

Yeah, it’s the customer’s fault… or maybe Blizz is disconnected from multiple aspects of the playerbase.

3 Likes