Stop removing portals

This.

Asking for specifics, when specifics have already been given time and time again, is mind blowing to me.

5 Likes

GO TO YOUR ROOM

1 Like

My current good will towards Blizzard is just about zero after everything that’s happened this expansion. Comments like his are not helping.

4 Likes

For me, it’s just a matter of immersion. Any time I have to travel far I fly up, face the general direction of where I’m going, hit autorun and then do something on my phone, like watch YouTube or Twitch, read the news, post on a forum, etc, all things that are usually unrelated to WoW. A few times I’ve even logged out mid flight because a youtube video got me in the mood to play a different game instead. You say the goal is to make the game feel bigger, but we are so connected now that this change only takes us out of the game. Back in Vanilla this wasn’t an issue because smartphones weren’t a thing so we had fewer things to distract us while traveling and stayed engaged, but times have changed a LOT since then.

6 Likes

So according to you guys, Blizzard is asking for too much communication now?

l o l

1 Like

Anger shows there’s still passion. By discrediting or confronting this you lessen possibly the last vestiges of hope one may have for a thing. Sarcasm is blunted malice, so it shows the person isn’t unhinged.

This person in particular is asking questions no representative of the company should ask. The questions they’re posing, and the way they’re posing them, insinuates either their own incompetence or arrogance. Because ignorance should not be a factor when this person represents our voice to the devs, nor should this person’s own opinion (be it their own or the one they’ve been told too have) overshadow those they are supposed to represent.

4 Likes

The notion that making it harder to get from point A to point B “makes the world bigger and/or more alive” is absurd. The world is the world. It isn’t bigger or smaller because I can portal or not. All this does is waste my game time. Most of the places people are trying to get to with these portals is past expansion content. They’re farming transmog/rep/mounts/pets/etc. Why we arbitrarily need to start taking twice as long to get different places now makes no sense and is highly frustrating.

It’s like a big “screw you” to everyone…

3 Likes

I don’t want to sit around /2 begging for hours to get a port.

I don’t charge to summon people to raid, why should I pay for a port outside of Vanilla?

1 Like

It would be helpful to add dialogue options for guards to locate the “speak with this NPC to portal somewhere” locations. They’re not readily obvious like portals are.

As for the world, I’m curious what lore reason there is to remove portals from Dalaran. The city of mages. You can’t tell me it ran out of magical power, the thing’s floating.

4 Likes

I guess I assumed Blizzard had a basic sense of comprehension.

Clearly a mistake on my part.

Kinky…:smiling_imp:

1 Like

I can understand creating a portal room with portals to all of the main cities in each xpac. I thought it was a pretty cool idea when I heard it.
But why remove the shrine portal in favor of 2 Jade Forest portals (horde/alliance) and remove the Legion Dalaran portal in favor for a portal to Azuna. It doesn’t make any logical sense. Very strange decision.

5 Likes

The world feels pretty small because I’d rather just not play it without flight and play a different game instead. Removing portals doesn’t entice me to play it more.

13 Likes

I’m quite happy to have to go through Dalaran to get to Karazhan or Caverns of Time, but yes, the CoT portal is especially valuable to me, as it’s a dense pocket of dungeons and raids I’m going to be farming for transmog and the like long-term.

Having to travel across two zones every time I want to get there is more of an incentive to not bother until I can park several alts there and do nothing but CoT on them, as opposed to taking my favourite characters there whenever I feel like it.

I’m still missing Bear Tartare for collection-assistance reasons, so I’d really, really rather not lose any portals. The world doesn’t feel any bigger when portals are removed, it just feels more like I’m not spending as much time playing the game as I’ve alt-tabbed to another window during flight.

Oh, and the same for the Wyrmrest Temple portal in Dalaran. I’d like that to remain in Legion Dalaran, too.

5 Likes

No, kinky is “come to my cellar of salacious satiation”.

ALL OF THEM. Leave all of the portals. I like doing a lot of different content at different times for different reasons. Could be something I’ve been meaning to do and am just getting around to. It could be something that I don’t even know exists yet and will find out about on a post on wowhead in a few days. It could be farming something that I run every single week.

My point is, I can’t give you a detailed specific list, because I don’t know exactly what I’m going to be doing in WoW each day. I like having the travel options I’ve come to rely on REMAIN AVAILABLE.

Imagine if all of a sudden, LAX was shut down, and the reason you’re given is, “We felt that the USA seems more lively when you have to drive to a distant airport rather than use this one that you’ve known your whole life.” I bet you’d be pretty upset because of that. No amount of explanation or intention from the demolition crew is going to make that hours-long drive you’ll now have to make to some other airport better. And every time you need to fly you’ll think of it and just wish they’d left your airport alone.

20 Likes

Touche… Touche…

I agree with you. People need to go out more, not afk all day

Community: gives feedback, begs for Blizzard to communicate
Blizzard: That’s great info. What about X? And X?
Community: gives more feedback
Blizzard: Excellent. Can you give more specifics about X?
Community: Well now that’s too much, you’ve crossed a line.

:woman_shrugging:

Not to mention making just about ever mount capable of flying…in a game without flight in the current content.

5 Likes