Stop removing portals

I feel the same with Zuldazar. A giant city with NPC’s that all do the same thing. Aside from players running around it’s lifeless and pointless. It could have been made smaller like Boralus and more meaningful.

1 Like

I’m sure by now Hordies are used to Dazar’alor and getting around but it feels like wasted space. Finding things is a pain and reminds me too much of Orgrimar.

Boralus is lovely when it comes to getting your amenities. You horde players have my sympathies. I have to travel down 3-4 stories to reach the scrapper. Boralus? Quick run from the flight master.

Yupp. I have to use a flightpoint to use the Scrap machine. In Boralus it’s a quick walk.

This is a pretty active thread. I think the only other times I saw this much singularly active focus on a topic were the Real ID forum fiasco and the no flying threads in WOD that were like this one multiplied by more threads.

Of course, that does not mean much these days when the devs obviously think that they really do know what we want better than we do.

They proved that at Blizzcon.

7 Likes

yeah cuz we have phones

2 Likes

2432 posts at the time I post this. I’d say 2375 of them are negative towards this change. The rest are people spewing nonsense about how we should play the game without portals because they like it and clearly see no issues with removing the things that Blizzard put in the game to help us. Then without any reason they take it away from us. :smiley:

5 Likes

Which is most of the cities to be honest, which have the stuff you need sprinkled about mostly useless things that are really there just to get the aesthetic of the location going. If anything having mostly all of the things you will need in Boralus in one location isn’t really that bad.

I’m guessing they are troll posts. Or people that really want to support mages I guess, to the determinant of everyone else.

half the time I swear some of the “fanboyish” blizz can do no wrong post are actually dev alts trying to make it look like people like stuff they do

7 Likes

“You guys have phones right?” Basically your answer to taking away portals that make sense.

3 Likes

“You guys have mages, right?”

8 Likes

I want to like u like 100 times tassadar

2 Likes

Aww, I like you too, Kattrika! :slight_smile:

They’ve actually been caught using alts to post on hot topics on the forums. Never officially, but they’ve been caught using alt names to troll the forums and bash on people.

Now, being impartial, if I ran a company like Blizzard and had zero scruples, I’d have “fake” toons with “fake” history on the account created just to push my agenda.

Now kiss :eyes:

but hes blood elf and well um im kinda into goats

why would you think that?
it does apply.

that’s not a bug… that’s you getting into combat with things, then trying to wander off.

if you’re talking about 1-60, that’s Cataclysm content.

i believe there are other reasons they are doing this, imo, to reduce data package costs of WOW being cloud hosted now.

in doing this port reductions, imo there are others they should consider wiping along with some flight paths. i will just give a few ideas

• portal in Tanaan jungle to WS/SS, and portal in WS/SS to Tanaan
  • portal at timeless isle to WOD gorgrond in the cave and vice versa
  • jade forest 7 flightpath…imo could be chopped to three, on one have a NPC port up or down.
  • desolace 5 flightpaths…same could be chopped to three
  • ungoro crater, 2 flights paths so close…remove one
  • argus portals, imo each zone should have a central portal and a up port to ship, macree has 5 portals and a up port to ship.
  • MOP some of the flight paths make no sense, overly jagged, seriously indirect, painful to use, like ones exiting dread wastes. this was mentioned years back. blue asked to cite samples. nothing happened, those devs are gone.

speaking of expansions and new technology, blizzard should consider removing flight paths all together and replacing them either with ports, or a NPC who ports. imo this would reduce the data package and increase warcraft performance while lowering costs of WOW cloud hosting service.

Sadly that’s believable. Although, wouldn’t be the first game company to do so.

However, at least they haven’t done AMA’s on 8Chan without knowing what that means…

Yep, you caught me, Nancy Drew. I’m Ion.

/hangs head in shame

1 Like