Stop removing portals

All I can say is I’m glad it’s almost warm enough to go riding on my motorcycle.

Here is an idea take out flying completely…remove all mounts…remove all portals…remove all public transportation…cut run speed back by 50%…I mean that sounds like so much fun doesn’t it! (sarcasm for those that don’t understand the concept)
Making travel inconvenient doesn’t make the world feel bigger…making the world bigger makes it feel bigger…which is what has been happening with every expansion…what they are doing is corralling everyone into the latest content because apparently that is what we want we just didn’t know it.

Guess I will head out to the garage now and start getting the bike ready for the upcoming riding season…gotta pay for the gas and oil somehow…ahhh I got it an extra 15 bucks a month coming. After 12 years I guess its time to move…I may or may not be back…my entire guild quit playing 2 years ago…I’m the last holdout out of like 100 people.

I’m sad now.

7 Likes

You think you life motorcycles but you don’t. Trust me I know what you like more than you do.

1 Like

There are instances there has been a visible impact from forum discussion, but most of them have come after a large third party platform has featured them in their news section. I think more players read such articles than actually use the forums, and those articles tend to make a larger chunk of the community aware and incite greater outcry.

1 Like

if you have to make the world FEEL bigger, youve already lost

9 Likes

more like 'burnt on the bull crap"
Hasnt got a thing to do with WOW the game.
IF it did I wouldnt still be playing at all.
Its the moronic crap they keep pushing on us, then telling us its flowers and butterflies.

1 Like

phhhh.
Apparently they dont even listen when they are working things out on the PTR based on all the comments in here previously to that effect.
They may ask for input…but theyre going to ignore it and do what they want to do…even if it buries this game.

6 Likes

This thread right now.

2 Likes

Seems reminiscent of the GCD change. “You think you like this, but you actually don’t”.

3 Likes

“Burnt on Blizzard?”

That’s what exactly wrong with the game now. Decisions get made that it’s more enjoyable for you, and you assume everyone else feels the same way. It doesn’t make the world more enjoyable or fun. It just makes things tedious for the majority.

I’m sure there’s way way more people who don’t want to be losing the portals just for nostalgia’s sake of exploration when we’ve all been there and done that over and over again. It’s so super fun and great for you, not so much everyone else.

6 Likes

Said the mage…

6 Likes
  1. This isn’t Vanilla.
  2. This isn’t Vanilla.
13 Likes

In vanilla, there were reasons to go out in the world though that was more than just collecting things.

People were leveling, doing dungeons, farming mats, etc.

It’s like saying Kul’tiras and Zandalar are both alive at the moment: It’s because it’s current content.

2 Likes

Yes, it is not Vanilla. Since then we now have a lot more places to go and it’s a lot harder to get there. Outland, Northrend, Pandaria, Warlords and Legion. My bag is loaded with hearthstones, wormholes, and a failing memory on where to go. Bottom line is we are children of a lesser god and they are arrogant, condesending, and self assured they know what is good for us. The fact that they would spend time and money removing functionality is the evidence.
The stock price shows their success in attracting and retaining subs.

9 Likes

Or, y’know, as paying customers we can give negative (hopefully constructive) feedback so they adjust their execution.

Kind of like what happened with forced RealID.

Kind of like what happened with WoD flying and the threat of no future flight.

Kind of like what happened with the removal of +5 skillups to profs from DMF.

Kind of like what happened with restricting the MoP waterstrider mount to MoP.

Are you picking up a pattern yet?
:thinking:

To be loud and clear: the unintended consequence of this change will be that I will play the game less, or just quit. I can always make more money, but my time is precious. WoW has a special place in my limited entertainment time budget, but I can just as easily cancel and finally start watching Mad Men, Sons of Anarchy, and whatever other bingey shows I’ve completely missed over the years.

Blizz, don’t waste my time with regressing how I get from point A to B. My 'Wake of Shame time runs out in April.

Here are my legacy cheevos because yes, as a stereotypical vanilla player, I will, unsolicited, mention I played vanilla regardless of context. However, the context is actually relevant because I already did slow travel mode, and I don’t want that to be applied to a much bigger world. Classic is literally coming this summer. If I feel like retrograding, I will. Can you guys not ruin the other version before then? Please?

giphy.com/gifs/ghostbustersmovies-ghostbusters-original-3o72FiKtrMAjIb0Rhu

12 Likes

No, but I’d love to be able to make full use of my own abilities. It’s stupid that astral recall is still set to the same place as your hearthstone and they have the same cooldown. It makes that convenience irrelevant. We should be able to set them independently.

8 Likes

That sounds about right.
Sad.
I played the first warcraft when it first came out. So did my wife before we ever knew each other.
This company is dead to me now.

Amazing…2200+ comments. I’ve never seen a more active board cap. I just might enjoy being on the forums.

I’m sure by now everyone on the “Keep Portals” side has spoken (I’m pro-untouched) and those on the “Remove Portals” have as well. At this point we’re just grinding a gearshaft of being ignored by the same blue who added fuel to the fire with smugness. I wonder how many here actually slept in the past 48 hours. This topic’s crazy active.

Just a thought - why feed the fire when the forest is gone? (I’m not talking about the portals, talking about the blues.) Starting to think that the smartest thing they can do FOR NOW is to create a sticky every patch and update THAT as information comes in, rather than try to smooth talk their way into a deeper hole.

Just an idea.

First one was perfectly timed.
Took it away at the EXACT point in time where I needed to finish the last few points of Legion leatherworking…and now I dont think it’ll apply to Legion LW at all.
Just another fine job by the wonderful folks at ActiBlizzard

I think the second one would have been a deal breaker for me.
I dont have any pathfinders. Rub salt in the wound by telling me that grind I did for the strider on two accounts wont mean anything because I CAN FLY in MoP and so DONT NEED the stupid strider there…but cant use it where I do need it.

Im pretty sure that one would have put me over the quitting top.

3 Likes

Its called a ‘discussion’.
its something people do.

4 Likes