Stop Punishing Players Who Have Dual Roles

Im amazed how people still waste time giving feedback to a team of devs that doesnt give a sh1t about it. Stop it guys, BFA has 3 months and most of the people are already burned out. Your new system failed hard, blizzard, and u dont want to fix it for the sake of RNG grind. RIP WoW and all fun/progression that it represented before.

6 Likes

Look, i’m gonna try to pull my punch on this one as best as I can here. This is absolutely the worst response you can give to a broken system I have read aside from “collect all the gear gotta have em all!” We have gone from a system where on the fly I could swap for the benefit of my group/raid or myself and go with Tier sets to one spec or the other on a whim. To this roaring inferno of a dumpster fire.

You absolutely expect us to use a source of power to our characters which have gone from HEROES OF THE FACTIONS which felt great, slayers of titans which was awesome, to freaking Peons. Zug Freaking Zug. And then while we’re zugging away you want us if we so chose to swap specs to again, benefit our group, you want us to do so at 1/4 or 1/2 benefit from your prized Azerite armor, Or fly all the way back to a city, and pay an ever increasing cost to respec the armor back and forth? It’s crippling to play a healer, its crippling to play a hybrid class that can do it all with this.

I’ve either got to fill my bags with so much Azerite armor I can’t see straight on top of weapons and trinkets and rings and other items for those other specs. Or I’ve got to just say “sorry guys, can’t tank for you im a dps we’ve gotta find someone else or just give up.” This hurts the community.

Please try to be more considerate in your awful responses.

4 Likes

Yeah, I never mentioned anything about traits. I’m comparing stats. Good try though!

Does that mean we’re getting reforging back then? Since that was the excuse we were given for its removal. How about we get back all the other item enhancements Blizzard gutted from the game over the last few expacs then as well. It’d help make other professions no longer useless.

They don’t care. This is what it is. It’s easier to unsub and wait for 9.0 than to deal with this mess. That’s what about 2 million people also already decided.

1 Like

Your options, as you so succinctly put it are: not rewarding, not interesting and no one cares for them. At the end of the day bad options, are not options at all. Just further flaws with a terribly designed system in the first place.

1 Like

(post withdrawn by author, will be automatically deleted in 24 hours unless flagged)

Sorry you feel that way, but I feel the complete opposite. I absolutely love collecting multiple items and mixing and matching them. That’s the entire purpose of the system if you ask me, so you calling it “flaws” just basically says “I dislike the system.”

Now that we can actually reasonably collect multiple items, the system is very much working as intended.

1 Like

No way! I thought I was stating the opposite!?!

I mean to clarify that they are not flaws with the system, just that you don’t like them.
Disliking them is not enough of a reason for them to change, sadly!

2 Likes

One thing I’d appreciate is a smarter loot spec option for players who play multiple specs. As it stands now, prior to each individual boss kill, I have to review the loot tables for all 3 specs for that boss, compare to what I have vs. what it missing, and adjust it so I can get the items I still need.

While that level of fine tuning offers some optimization, I think a more natural system for most players would be to be able to select multiple loot specs (i.e., each one they played), so they’d have a chance at the combined gear from each of those specs.

Did you really just try to equate secondary stats with armor abilities what were meant to replace the artifact weapon system? The neck was a way for us to avoid having to farm for multiple specs like we did with the weapon relics, but now we’re just doing for shoulders, helm and chest which is even worse now because you can’t directly farm them in mythic+ for whatever asinine reason. Next patch we get a glorified relinquished vendor, oh boy. I’m not sure who you’re making this game for but it sure isn’t the consumer.

1 Like

A system being largely denounced as disliked is kind of a flaw with said system, no? If the purpose of a system is to bring enjoyment to gameplay, and said system is giving a large majority of players the opposite feeling, said system has failed its task and yes is flawed.

6 Likes

My answer is, why shouldn’t blizz punish you for playing multiple specs?

Should it really be as easy as, “one set of gear plays flawlessly for any spec and any build”?

I mean being able to flex is really fun. But specs are basically independent classes now. Why should you be able to use all 3 specs with the exact same gear??

I feel like I’ve never really expected one item to be ideal across all three specs…

2 Likes

You say that, but as a Mistweaver I can flip a switch so Windwaker or Brewmaster gear drops.

Oh right… You only have one role.

Hue.

Largely because there are currently support role shortages.

Less importantly, because it doesn’t add anything to the game. People actually want to play the content and fine tune their gear - people are not that excited to go and start all over again just to try out what a different set of buttons play like.

3 Likes

Blizzard screwed the idea of different gear types based on spec to begin with.
I played Wotlk, there was a clear distinction between Tank, Dps, and Healer gear.
Tanks want Dodge/Parry, Dps get Crit/Haste, Healer get Haste/Mp5, etc [a crude generalizaton, I know.]

Now? Gear drops for Dps and Tank appear to be the same with the exception of Trinkets and Weapons.
For example, both Crit/Haste, Crit/Mastery Backs,Wrists,Gloves,Rings, and Boots drop for BrewMaster and WindWalker loot specializations. Versatility [which I feel is a defensive stat] gear drops for Dps specs.

Avoidance and Leech are bonus stats that most likely won’t be on gear drops.

If Blizzard wanted us to get gear like we did back in Wotlk, where gear was spec specific, then the drops we get would have stats that reflect that. The point is
It doesn’t

If a single Azerite Gear wasn’t supposed to be ideal across all specs, then Blizzard wouldn’t have made spec specific Azerite traits in the same piece of gear.
The fact is, we do have this option.

Hasn’t Blizzard said how item level is important as well?
If I already have a 370 ilvl head piece, why would I farm for another one when we have the option to switch Azerite traits?
Now, if you don’t like the trait a gear has for your spec compared to another one, that’s your choice to try and go for it.

This comment, literally astounds me.

If Classic wow made anything clear, it was the simple fact that it did not want you to swap roles.

1 Like

I agree with everything you said except the system “encouraging” multiple item sets.

Azerite gear is substantially more difficult to collect. Yeah, it might get better in 8.1 IF they make it so running a +15 gives you more Residuum than a +10 but it is still far too difficult to get azerite armor.

I honestly think other slots are too easy to get, but azerite armor just takes too much time, particularly if you have multiple roles.

1 Like

This topic is dead on. Dual or triple spec suffer under the Azerite model and there is no fix in sight. Why not make the gear set to your spec? Where is the harm?

4 Likes