Stop Punishing Players Who Have Dual Roles

Honestly it is an easy fix, just cap the reforging cost to 50g per 24 or 48 hours. The way it is now is beyond excessive. Not only do yo double every time with no limit; it decreases by half every 24 hr. My 640g bill is now only at the low-low price of 320g. I keep imaging the brain storming session that coughed up this idea. Lets put no limit on the putative damages for excessive reforging. Then we will slowly drop the fee, only if they they stop after 24 hrs. For the life of me, I cannot figure out why would anyone waste the time to care if players reforge. Let alone, troll players by making the fee double infinitely.

1 Like

They swap primary stat only. Anyone who cares actually knows that secondary stats are what you swap for.

When you used to have set bonuses they changed with you, made gear management much easier. I cant find it but that was implemented to make swapping specs EASIER, same with smart look and swapping Primary stat but that doesn’t appear to be much of a thing anymore in regards to weapons. I feel like something was lost in regards to that after legions artifact weapons. Personally I feel like it would be awesome if they behaved like that again especially with the new ring being spec specific

1 Like

How dare you offer a well reasoned argument about a problem point that hasn’t been brought up much.

Totally agree with all you’ve said here. Ever since Legion I feel Blizzard is actively fighting against how their players want and like to play the game. Nothing is ever allowed to just exist or to fully embrace what it could be, everything has layers and layers of restrictions. It feels like we’re being punished for trying or even just wanting to have fun. You can’t just experiment with Azerite, you can’t just try something out. You can’t simply use the gear you earn how you see fit. You have to do it in the Blizzard™ prescribed way or else suffer.

7 Likes

No one piece of azerite gear is going to have all the best traits for every spec you want to play, and so people who want to play a spec to the best of their ability are going to build different sets anyway.

Locking three gear slots to a specific spec seems wrong. This system has added restrictions to the gearing system that has been in the game forever.

“The original intent behind Reforging was to offer a way for players to customize their gear, but in practice it offered little in the way of true choice. Players attempting to optimize every piece of gear were well advised to look up how they were supposed to reforge an item in an online guide or tool that had already determined the optimal choice. It added yet another step to the list of things that must be done to a new item before it was ready to be equipped, reducing the joy of getting an upgrade into a chore. If an upgrade drops, we want you to be able to equip it with a minimum of fuss. It is for those reasons that we’re removing Reforging from the game.” ~Blizzard

If that quote didn’t say reforging in it, you could mistake it for Azerite. Its not that its different for us now, its that your employers have set a precedent on what they don’t like to see in the game.

6 Likes

Funny you say that, I keep telling raid leaders that ilvl doesn’t matter in the grand scheme of things, but they still won’t take my ilvl 250 toons. ¯_(ツ)_/¯

5 Likes

Too bad the system for restoring items has removed the ability to even search for items. A change that nobody asked for that does nothing but hinder the player. GJ Activision-Blizzard.

In addition to the above. Azerite armor is the laziest form of “customer characterization” that you guys have come up with. Most of the time the procs from traits dont matter. The vast majority of them are something you dont even bother tracking because the power increase is so passive. Tier used to give fun ways to change gameplay but Activsion-Blizzard seems hell bent on playing the game for us and telling us whats fun. Look at the results of Blizzcon and tell me the playerbase is happy with how you are running things. Look at any youtube/twitch/website on the state of the game and evaluate how much you two CMs should be piggybacking off each other by saying the system is fine. what an absolute joke.

3 Likes

hello Bornakk, can i please refer you to something that a lot of WoW players may have forgotten.

in Legion there was this thing called tier pieces that used to switch their effects based on which spec you were playing, i know it was long ago, but please try to remember.

this isnt about switching traits to find which is better, this is about using a piece of gear in multiple specs.

Primary stats are more important. You wouldn’t wear intellect leather as a druid tank, would you? My point still stands. The gear itself switches to what’s needed for your spec at the time.

I’ll weigh in as an average player - not a min-maxer. Yet I’ve played since Vanilla, raided since TBC. I recall when players, especially DPS would have different sets for different bosses (crit sets for one boss, hit sets for others because back in the day the min-maxers absolutely did figure out there were times being under hit was worth it for the DPS gain for stacking a valued stat).

I don’t mind building different sets for different roles. The reason Blizzard originally had sets evolve along with the spec was because bag space was a premium. It’s not not hard to get 30 slot bags across the board, so bag space should no longer be a blocker. I don’t see multiple gear sets as being a blocker, especially since we are really only looking at azerite gear, trinkets and weapons. Keep in mind I maintain four sets, though I largely function as RDPS or Heals for my group.

That said, gearing is ridiculously obtuse. It used to be that I could simply take a gander at the top players for my spec and check out what items they are using and learn from them. Now there are so many moving parts, I have simply given up and whenever I get a new gear piece, I run it through AMR. That is not engaging gameplay - it is a chore (for all that I appreciate AMR, it is gearing with an extra step). And with RNG being as bad as it is, I don’t even look for “BiS” anymore. The chances of me getting that drop when it’s relevant is nil so why bother? Whatever this current mess is with stats, azerite abilities, whatnot - I just don’t care. A piece drops, I run AMR, I equip the new configuration and move on.

There is something to be said for the simple approach. The 2-4 piece set bonuses. The serene balance between Mastery (baseline improvement), Haste (speed improvement) and Crit (burst improvement). It’s ok for gearing to be this “simple” because the gameplay is RNG and empowerment is easily measured.

With infinite choice, with no idea how to gauge whether that choice is good or bad, no way to compare whether what you have is better than what you got without going third party, with gear that could easily have bad-for-you stats across the board, the game becomes how to untangle this Gordian knot of data. RNG then becomes just one more aggravation in a pile of aggravations. I would say the popularity of sites like AMR is precisely Alexander’s sword slicing through the Gordian knot - the simplest solution to an overly complex problem.

Azerite gear is essentially overthinking gearing. Players don’t mind simpler because at the end of the day, they simply want a way to measure empowerment that doesn’t require a doctorate. Artifact weapons worked because empowerment was easily measured. Azerite gear doesn’t work because it is mechanics for the sake of mechanics, offers no concrete path to improvement and doesn’t even have the fallback of being appropriately ensconced in lore as a saving grace.

5 Likes

It is different though. Back in MoP (or WoD don’t remember) … you decided collecting the same set pieces multiple times per spec was annoying/bad/.

Yet somehow, were back to that system again.

So even if you want to make the case that BiS always involved multiple sets of gear (it did) … BiS generally included 4-piece set (out of 5). Which meant you likely kept all 5 pieces in inventory. However now you need 3*num_specs just to do the same thing. This doesn’t account for leveling the stupid neck or ilvl discrepencies, etc., etc.

So no. It is not the same. Not at all actually. Not even remotely similar.

IF you got the item at a higher ilvl, you were done and happy. Now be ready to grind it out in the form of AP … oh and if its the same item at a highr ilvl…be prepared to be angry when you need to grind more AP to unlock a trait you previously had.

How can you guys not see this is a problem? It baffles the mind.

1 Like

Absolutely cant believe how ignorant, disingenuous, and insensitive the blues are being here.

“lol just get another piece 4head”

Yeah? what if my piece drops from mythic+? I actually had a scrub on reddit tell me, and i quote, “so you only target that dungeon at a +10 or higher for a better chance of it being in the weekly chest.”

Good. I actively don’t play the game to increase my odds one time per week of getting a random piece of loot in my chest.

The system is fundamentally flawed, azerite respecs shouldnt even need to be a thing to begin with, much less something that costs thousands of gold regularly.

The blues are basically saying “it works fine for me so its obviously not broken” like

It does get high if you are changing a lot for sure. The highest amount I ever paid was like 20 gold I think? Usually it’s at the 5g amount though. Does that feel high or am I missing something here?

Holy crap dude. Just stop.

7 Likes

I truly (as a druid who plays all 4 specs) do not understand why people are spending thousands of gold. Yes I have a whole 30 slot bag full of gear, but not just Azerite gear, different secondary stats too(though rip my RNG with rings this xpac). In legion, by the end of the xpac I had two full hexweave bags full of gear. My offspec isn’t as geared as my main spec, cool, thats how offspecs have always worked. If I want my offspec to be on par with my main spec, i’ll go get better gear specifically for it, as I always have in the past.

I agree, I have no problem just having multiple armor sets! I think it’s fun personally

1 Like

No, your silly point that how gear works is inconsistent. But its not inconsistant at all.

Just because you want it to work differently, doesnt make it flawed.

:woman_facepalming::expressionless:

(insert random words to fulfill 10 character requirement.)

Please point out the consistency in some gear changing to suit your spec when you spec change, while some gear remains unchanged. That’s pretty much the textbook definition of inconsistent.

I’m not arguing whether or not it should or shouldn’t. Honestly, if I reroll my azerite gear once a week that’s a busy week for me. I have multiple sets for different playstyles, let alone specs. I simply think that it’s inconsistent for Blizzard to have some gear that switches when you change specs, and then having some that doesn’t. It’s not really debatable. It’s an actual fact.

Both azerite gear and regular gear change primary stats to reflect your spec. Where is the inconsistency?
Oh youre trying to compare stats with the traits, two different systems that work differently.

Stats and azerite traits are different.
Its not really debatable. Its just a fact.

Why don’t you just let scribes make reforging scrolls to sell that are super cheap to make from the stuff we get from scrap machine? Most of that stuff lists for almost nothing n the AH since it isn’t used in substantial recipes for crafting. This would throw a carrot to scribes (who had the talent changing scrolls in the past) and allow the market to be dictated as a flat rate on the server.