Stop Punishing Players Who Have Dual Roles

Right - but some players have multiple copies of the same azerite piece which doesn’t provide value to their other roles due to RNG.

It would help if there was a way to restrict the ability to get a duplicate piece if you’ve already received one. This would be optional, incase you actually want a second piece for a different role.

I guess there’s a reason why they don’t. Players would like to know what that reason is.

the difference here is reacquiring the same piece of gear to use for multiple specs. This has never been the case in the past with the exception of enchants, which is why the number of slots for enchants was reduced. Sure, you might need to switch between different pieces of the same slot, but not the same exact same piece of gear.

2 Likes

The traits switching when you change roles would be perfect to fix this.

5 Likes

you got my vote haha

2 Likes

that’s nice and all, when RNG blesses you with the proper azerite drops in your weekly or emissary cache. you gotta hope it’s the proper slot, and then if it’s even the one you wanted with the right perks.

1 Like

It sucks when you get 4 copies of the same piece that has the worst stats for any of your specs. :frowning:

That’s true. Would like the traits not to be tied to pieces. I liked the suggestion of making them tied to spec. Sort of like artifact weapons but we had one of each. I’d rather have an item in my bag that remembers different powers for each spec.

Or exactly like Legion tier sets - which was AWESOME!

Summation: “The system as it stands is stupid but it’s a lot less stupid than the last one so there’s that!”

Not just Legion sets, pretty sure WoD sets were switching bonuses with spec too. Not sure when exactly this feature was added, but it was good one for sure.

1 Like

I WISH I was able to do it full time! Not quite there yet though, sadly. Hoping by the summer.

1 Like

This is how we did it WotLK and prior. I do not see keeping two sets as an issue and glad Blizz sees it the same way.

1 Like

I agree in a way BUT during Wrath I was playing a druid full time in raids as heals then switched to tank when I had the “better” armor so I had to get the conquers item for trade in again …

we also only had 2 specs and the rest was points in a talent tree …

Things got better after Wrath. Now they’re going back in the other direction.

The question is: why? How does this make the game better?

1 Like

I use 2 addons to ‘fix’ the azorite ui
azorite forge- this improves the selector with summaries of all my powers and the ability to swap between equipped pieces quickly
Azorite tooltip- this put available and active powers in the tooltip so i can fish pieces out of my azorite ‘horde’

Can I just say, how the heck are people actually complaining about this? Why does this exact thread come up so much? This is literally how the game has been played since vanilla, you have a different armor set for your different specs. They’ve tried to compensate for different specs before with some of the armor swapped secondary stats that Legion had, but I mean come on. Nothing is different, at least not to me.

I think Hybrids have received enough QoL improvements to last until they shutter the game. And I’m going to keep saying that until my main gets a tanking spec or something.

The problem isn’t just keeping multiple sets. The problem is also the escalating costs of changing talents. A flat cost is fine. But to be exponentially punished for trying different combinations seems wrong. Some pieces are best for more than one spec but for different talents. Stats change with the spec so why can’t the talents do so as well?

No, youre cherry picking concepts.

Azerite gear is meant to be farmed over and over again. It would be fuctionally the same if you could reroll for better traits.

Regular gear is meant to farmed over and over again. This is why secondary stats are so powerful, because they want you to work for the ideal secondaries.

Looks like a system meant to keep you trying for more. Sounds like a system meant to keep you trying for more.

No matter how much you want it to be waffle, your viewpoint isnt logical.

1 Like