Stop Punishing Players Who Have Dual Roles

Yes the azerite system is crap. Legion weapons was a better system but its not that hard to swap 3 pieces of gear at minmum.

I always have used multiplle sets. Not so much on my hunter. But classes like pally, druid, dk, dh, priest, etc. I use entire sets for different specs because it all needs certain stats to be optimal.

Plus its fun to have a variety of mogs. Why would people not have been doing this all along?

1 Like

I have a set for feral tank and a set for balance

personally I don’t like the azurite system either. I have been playing my warrior and getting decent gear but this week I got bad traits for my arms spec, so im going to play fury for week, I don’t mind fury, the problem is I prefer arms.

So say I have a 345 azurite with the right perks for arms, but I get a 375 piece with bad traits for arms but great for fury. I am almost forced into playing fury unless I want to lose that much main stats. Its a dps increase to swap specs. So why would I even keep my arms gear just for a play style?

something I remember hearing in legion was “we want the player who gets a 20ivll upgrade to be able to say wow that’s a upgrade I should equip that” now its worse. I want certain traits while not losing main stats so its more worth it to just swap to the other spec, at least for this week.

My opinion is - raid tier gear was better then azurite. At least when I swaped from arcane to fire mage the traits rolled with it, from raid finder to mythic raiding I had my one set in general.

3 Likes

Remember back in the day when tier sets used to effectively only help one spec? And that this method was universally hated, so they made it so they had different ‘sets’ of the same tier for each spec, and how everyone was happy with this change?

Wait. Nope, they hated it too. Thats when they implemented tier sets that changed their bonus to suit your spec, so you only had to grind out the set once and you were golden.

Somehow along the way, Blizzard has forgotten the lessons of the past and have not only made the most tedious gear in the game’s history (Azerite and all of its problems), but have also regressed on the acquisition method of tier, which has had years upon years of lessons learned and better implementations. While I don’t think there was some mustache twirling maliciousness because of this regression, I can’t help but think repeating the literal exact same mistakes of the past is an awfully stupid thing to do.

EDIT: That feel when the internet bugs out when writing a post.

6 Likes

It’s way easier to just not care about azerite traits (a failed system most of us can agree on) and go with what drops. If you’re a progression raider/mythic ±er and want the best of the best, well, sucks to be you. I’ll be over happy and thankful I don’t have to worry about that.

Exactly
 carrying multiple pieces of gear is not new.

I was wondering that too. They fix, then they break, You would thing they would learn from past mistakes. Maybe it employee turnover? Most devs in generally play their own games. So why this unwillingness to learn from past dev paths that lead to user revolt?

“Just simply find more azerite gear!”
Is what people are getting told 
 you have to realize how silly that sounds, considering it’s just not that simple. High ilvl azerite gear is not that common.

I play my alts fairly regularly.
But none of them have enough high ilvl azerite pieces to make such a proposal feasible.

My alts get their azerite from either, A) WQ Emissary, B) M+ Weekly chest, or C) Conq cap.
Aside from raiding weekly on my alts, that is pretty much the full gamut of activities that could possibly yield azerite gear.

And yet still, I find myself not having collected enough high ilvl azerite pieces to implement the suggestion on my alts. I don’t have enough to make a set for each role; let alone each spec.

Over my many hours of play on my alts I have received many random 325 Azerite from regular WQ 
 should I still be using those, even when all my other gear is 370+? I feel like that is not practical. If I have to go from 370/385’s for my “primary” spec to 325/340’s on my other specs just to scrounge up enough azerite gear to construct sets with functional traits for those specs, then I feel the system is flawed. Busted. Broken.

That feels like a massive downgrade just to enjoy something as common sense as having a set of traits that at the very least function for your current spec.

2 Likes

The issue you’re failing to see here is that Azerite is not a .1% difference, we’re talking, in most cases, 5-7% or higher. This is the same issue with 370 pieces being better than 385 pieces, this is still a very real problem too.

To be hypothetical, if you were to compare Galvanizing Spark to Anomalous Impact, Galvanizing Spark is actually 5x better
That’s not the only trait either for Arcane; also Arcane Pressure, Arcane Pummeling, and Brain Storm are weaker than Galvanizing Spark
it’s another 2.5x better than those 3 traits, so that’s 4 spec specific traits that are absolutely awful. But that doesn’t get fixed, instead Galvanizing Spark gets nerfed in 8.1 instead of adjusting talents that NEED buffs. There’s a serious problem with Azerite and 8.1 isn’t fixing the majority of the issues and the feedback just keeps getting ignored.

2 Likes

But you’d only be able to get the Azerite Gear from THAT dungeon if you did that.

In order to get the piece you want - you have to farm the correct dungeon - just like trinkets/weapons/etc.

Not quite the answer to the question I asked, however it is awesome to have CM respond. that’s life. You cant always get answers but you can always ask. :smile:

What is the benefit gained by restricting the ability for spec specific traits to switch (like tier gear in Legion did)? How do these restrictions make the game more fun and worth implementing?

I’d like to think the answer is outside of the “to force more time played” and that specific benefits were considered and valued.

Simply stating that “this is just how it is and how we (Blizzard) see it.” has never really answered the question.

3 Likes

Yep. And that’s part of the issue. You’re still farming one instance. (I could have made my example a bit better, tbf)

What is the difference between a BiS 370 vs. a BiS 385? I can sim it now if you want.

1 Like

I don’t understand what the problem is - we already have to do this for a bunch of other item slots. This concept isn’t new and hasn’t broken the game in any way.

2 Likes

Yeah it’s pretty cheap if you don’t really play the game I agree.

Please just make it cost a static ten gold.

I’m someone who advocates for stopping points. I’m also someone who doesn’t like the idea of the very best gear being a guaranteed drop, even for the Top 0.01%. (Some RNG is okay.)

I too want to thank you for speaking up in this thread. The lack of engagement with the community lately has been frustrating. Keep it up and I might renew my sub :stuck_out_tongue:

1 Like

I tend to feel like it’s a minor blessing to ONLY have to have trinkets/chest/head/shoulders to swap MOSTLY effectively. I used to main druid and I basically needed 4 FULL sets of gear if I wanted to swap between roles. I dunno, this seems to be a step in the right direction. My feelings on Azerite notwithstanding.

2 Likes