Stop making ugly mail armor

Chain/Ring/Scale mail armor is fugly, let’s face it. This is why people want transmogging to be across the board, and I don’t blame them. Leather looks great, same with cloth, plate to me is…“eh”. All of the mail leg armor has like 10 layers of stuff hanging off of it, too many materials, just looks heavy and cumbersome. Vanilla armors look great, and some of the new starting armors look dang good, too; but can we transmog them? Nooooo. Why? Reasons.

Please, let’s change this.

34 Likes

You’ll get dragon armour now so that’ll be better.

2 Likes

Yea. I definitely was not a fan of that big ugly floating eyeball on my shoulder pad that some dev thought was so cool that it got reskinned over multiple times for multiple sets so I had to keep looking at it for months on end.

And a lot of mail tier sets have skirts for legs and it happens on multiple expacs too.

9 Likes

I’ll give you that a disproportionate amount is fugmo, BUT.
If you collect a lot of it and take your time building a mog, you can make some pretty cool looks.
I have a handful of go-to mail looks, but I do wish we had more options.
You can also make an absolutely BANGER pirate ensemble using mail.

6 Likes

Somewhere out there is a Blizzard artist feeling sad. :frowning:

5 Likes

Wish granted. No more mail armour drops.

I had to come back to say that the Castle Nath heroic mail and the hunter set from Mythic Antorus are like GOAT. Not even within the realm of mail armor, just like, in general. They’re so good.

5 Likes

Um. Hello.

I look amazing.

4 Likes

The mail skirts and flaps on older mogs that are painted onto the character’s legs always looked bad to me.

4 Likes

I have been able to make some cool ones, for sure, but not like it could be. Limiting us to only transmogging our own armor class, is pretty lame and is just restrictive for not any decent reason(s). I just left Venthyr for Maldraxxis when I saw how cool the new Ven. armor is.

Doh!!

2 Likes

For tier sets at least, I have always been disappointed in the appearance of the mail sets.

Cloth and plate are where it is at!

:t_rex:

2 Likes

“Class Identity.” Everybody knows that you are a hunter or shaman just by glancing at your horrible mail mog.

1 Like

I like the vast majority of it.

I see this mentioned a lot and I never had an issue coming up with something I like. I think Thorland looks rather handsome in his Mountaineer mog. :blush: It would be nice if they opened mog restrictions allowing people to create exactly what they want their character to look like, though.

To each their own. The armor type I generally like least aesthetically, is leather

At least Trial of Valor’s mail looks decent :frowning_face:

Shaman mail is almost always dope. It’s that hunter mail which is always brown with a dead animal on it

2 Likes

Can we say that?
:eyes:

I agree. Stop making mail armor. Totally unnecessary.

your gonna regret that when you get hunters receiving plate because blizz decides hunters can use strength plate.

2 Likes