Stop making Anduin the main character

Flaws rely on actual consequences for the character involved. To detract. Anduin’s flaws are skin-deep as nothing ever comes to them, and the only time he’s been aggrieved has done nothing to effectively change him as a person whether it be Garrosh crashing the bell down upon his person or being kidnapped by the Jailer’s forces.

Though this is largely my perspective. I haven’t seen and/or read anything having any comeuppance to Anduin Wrynn. He hasn’t necessarily changed as a character in the entirety of World of Warcraft despite big, personal things happening to him.

17 Likes

Of course not. Whenever Anduin is wrong, it’s because of other people failing him. In Before the Storm, multiple people warned him that the Gathering was a bad idea. Then when the whole thing ended in misery and death, no one blamed Anduin. It was Sylvanas’ fault. The narrative treats him as always in the right, even when he’s wrong.

12 Likes

You mispronounced High-Shaman Rakjak

This example is interesting because here, Anduin could have been wrong on two fronts.
He could have been wrong in thinking that the Gathering was a good idea - in the end he was proved right, because most Forsaken and Humans turned out grateful for the occasion (despite letting go off your past identity being one of the core beliefs of Forsaken culture…).
He could also have been wrong in his faith in Calia. Indeed Calia’s handling of the situation was disastrous, as she was basically the reason why it ended up in such a tragic way. BUT actually Calia had no choice but to call for the Forsaken to defect, because she had already spotted one doing so spontaneously, and so she tried to save their lives because she knew the others would follow him. Which means she was not wrong, which means Anduin was not wrong, and Sylvanas is really such a horrible person, giving the order to execute her own people in the very middle of emotional family reunions ! Cheers.

4 Likes

Well, that’s because it was her fault. He’s not responsible for her being a psychopath.

Now if you want to blame him for the braindead move of attacking the blight capital of Azeroth without any real protection, by all means. He was a total moron and never should have been made leader of the Alliance military.

4 Likes

Rejoice now Turalyon commands the united forces of the alliance.

He is responsible for wanting to hold a meeting with said psychopath where civilians would be involved. He had absolute faith that she would do the right thing and everything would turn out perfect. It wasn’t just Calia, either. Because Sylvanas purposefully killed the loyal Forsaken who were returning, as well. She only allowed the Forsaken who had been rejected to return, as part of her goal to convince the wider Forsaken population that the Desolate Council was wrong and she was right.

3 Likes

Erevien, I didn’t pronounce anything. I correctly typed High Oracle Soo-Say.

Your poor reading skills are no fault of mine.

3 Likes

But Gorlocs are bad. Wolvar are much better allies.

1 Like

Not to be “that person,” but the word you’re looking for is “throes.”

“Throngs” means “crowds.”

3 Likes

That’s, like, your opinion.

And given your previously expressed opinion regarding the number of non-white humans in Stormwind, your opinions are worthless.

3 Likes

It is bad for the same reason why the new Lord of the Rings show from Amazon will be crap. Tolkien would rotate in his grave if he seen what they did to his vision.

In case anyone’s wondering, Erevien is referring to how there will be Black people in the show. Also, Tolkien himself admitted he was racist later in life and regretted it.

8 Likes

Because there will be people who are not white. We know your expressed views on BIPOC already and your flimsy justifications for it.

We don’t care about how you rationalize it. You’re just a bad joke surfing on the fact some mods clearly feel the same as you.

EDIT: Vacation’s all I ever wanted! Cuz I know it’s incoming.

3 Likes

Neither Shadows of Mordor nor the Hobbit broke with Tolkien’s idea of how his story is a EUROPEAN myth. Peter Jackson respected the original layout.

I fight for the Horde. And against people like you trying to paint Horde races as PoC inspired.

wokeism has ruined many good franchises. This will not be the last.

The Eastlings and the Haradrim were descripted as partly black people, and if the one black person shown to be from this place, i think no one can argue against this.

if this shown to be the “king of gondor”, yeah, it would be bad, but one ring of power was given to the current king of the harad druing saurons first reign.

As you can see. All of these are white.

His self-confessed racism was about the portrayal of the orcs and what they were oriented to, that all evil came from the “east”(ala middle east, his time in egypt comes to play here) and all good and gracefull came from the west, , but he never saw the portrayal of the Haradrim or the Easterlings as racist.

1 Like

really?? The king of the Haradrim had not been described in detail, but the Haradrim very much were. And they were described as dark-skinned, why shouldn’t their king be dark-skinned?

5 Likes

Because I’m not white.

4 Likes