Stop forcing us to be sweaty speedrunners for loot

I despise m+'s insistence that the only way to play through content to aquire gear without a weekly lockout (raids) is to play some absolute no-life sweatlord version of dungeons where everyone is GOGOGO and will be toxic if you don’t beat some magical looming timer even if you try your best.

remove the timer from m+ it’s toxic and does nothing but foster negativity in the community. I’d rather run a dungeon repeatedly to get an item like in classic than whatever this dumb eSports wannabe mode is

109 Likes

Keystone dungeons aren’t speed running, especially low-mid keys.

6 Likes

If you don’t want to be sweaty, take regular showers and play in a location with high-quality AC. A desktop fan might help as well.

43 Likes

The challenge fragility is strong today.

Maybe mom can go to an RMT site and arrange a challenge free play date for you.

2 Likes

The timer practically doesn’t exist for most of the keys until you get way up there in keystone levels.

At 15s you can just ignore the timer and pull at a slow, steady pace if you would like to. Most of the timers are very generous.

6 Likes

The entire point behind M+ is the timer. Removing it means you might as well remove the game mode. The timer doesn’t have to be some all encompassing, looming overlord. There are people who merely do ‘completion runs’ who do not care if you get the timer or not. Look for more of those people.

2 Likes

And i despise people’s insistence to take a 10 minute break per pull. that is also toxic. some people value their time.

7 Likes

Timers should be removed because they’re an abliest system and should be recognised as such by Video Game developers

6 Likes

mystic+ is so bad

do what i do, buy wow token and buy carry so u dont have to sweat, blizz ony does stuff to make game more negative

2 Likes

Pardon?

It has its issues but it’s pretty fun.

1 Like

You’re playing a video game because it is an abstract of any real challenge in life, my man. Games don’t have to be difficult to be enjoyable.

9 Likes

Or

Games are an analog of real life challenges that you can play because you enjoy challenges without any real life risks for losing.

Almost everything, from monopoly to basketball, that calls itself a game involves competition. To get a higher score, to learn to beat an opponent, to make further progress, it’s usually about growth and learning how to overcome obstacles.

3 Likes

They are intended to be everyone’s gateway to esports addiction.

2 Likes

I hate esports. :dracthyr_love_animated:

15 Likes

Didn’t work on me, either.

7 Likes

Video games are not analogous to any real world challenge.

Literally invented to criticize wealth inequality. Monopoly is a bad thing, it’s in the name.

Vast difference between “no obstacles” and “not enough obstacles”. Just removing a timer from M+ removes an obstacle. It doesn’t mean you don’t have to still do the dungeon. Even if players were to make WoW “too easy”, you could always just move on from WoW if it became too easy for you.

6 Likes

:+1:

It is my belief that everyone should play with people with similar beliefs as them :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

Timers are an accessibility issue like if you want to learn more about how developers can make games more accessible here’s a start like goes into multiple features that are problematic for people with different disabilities

1 Like

What are you even talking about.

Fighting games, sports games, sim games. I mean sim games… talk about in the title.

On that we agree. Monopolies break capitalism. But I’m not sure how that negates the fact that it’s still a board game where you compete with other people. Is this truly some sort of marxist call for equality of outcome? It needs to be so easy everyone gets the same rewards? I hate to break it to you, there is no monopoly on doing keys. No one can stop you from doing them. They can stop you from doing keys with them specifically, but that’s it.

You’re right, the timer is not an obstacle, it’s THE obstacle. Kill X in Y time. And that’s what it’s balanced for. You remove the time aspect and it’s not going to be some lazy stroll through the same dungeon for the same rewards. They’d need to balance it in some other way to not completely invalidate raiding.

If you want to play basketball you need to learn to dribble, pass, and shoot. You need to learn to work with a team, their strategies, and their plays. That takes time and effort. And it did for everyone playing. What you don’t do is show up to the court and call them toxic sweaty speedrunners and start arguing that you should get two points for holding the ball because that’s all you’re prepared to do.

4 Likes

Not if you’re rotund.
fel rushes away