Stop fighting megarealms Blizzard

I mean we have seen it over the last 2 decades of play. You can even go through the forums today and see that lower pop server users argue for nerfs, rdf, and for things like joyous journey. You should have noticed this over time. The mega servers don’t have these problems as bad as lower pop servers there are so many options for people to play with even at lower levels. I have 6 80s myself and leveling 2 warlocks and a hunter there always seems to be enough people to run dungeons on Grob. The data is there for anyone wanting to pay close enough attention to wow issues and the logic is also sound.

Lower pop servers lead to casualization as people can’t just join the server and get pugs and without blizzard intervention those servers will always remain small and frustrate many players wanting to experience the gameplay of the game, but hey that social part should be 100% satisfied right? Well not for everyone I can say this without a doubt as introverts do exist. I don’t like small pops for similar reasons I don’t like home owner associations I won’t delve too deeply on the topic as you can probably figure it out.

Is that enough of a solid argument for you to rethink your perspective on the casualization of wow and it’s correlation with server size? I really don’t want to have to write like a dissertation on it, because out of most of wotlk classic’s problems it is probably the least important when class balance is so bad because blizzard wanted to start the server on the final class balance patch for ICC.

You really can’t unless you have a time machine. There is a huge difference between the accomplishment of say crafting Valanyr 14 years ago, crafting Valanyr on classic present day, and crafting Valanyr in present day retail. It will never be the same and people are chasing nostalgia and for most it really isn’t going to hit the same even if wotlk classic was a true 1:1 recreation of the expansion. This is normal as people grow and develop over 14 years you just aren’t going to have those same experiences ever again. I’d love for a 1:1 experience, but it will never happen even if Blizzard were to care enough to try. This is why I compare those people to Uncle Rico it is just really sad in the way that I pity them. Once all is said and done they are just upset and yelling into the void and even if Blizzard gave them exactly what they wanted they still wouldn’t feel the same as they did 14 years ago just looks like a huge silly display of wasted energy.

This is pure speculation. You will never be able to present what wotlk classic could have been. You can speculate and dream, but it can be simply brushed off as an example of “The Grass is Greener elsewhere”. It can look great on paper, but you have no way to actually show it in practice, because you don’t have that power and blizzard sure isn’t in a rush to steer the ship elsewhere.

Only a fool would believe this. Or you believe that you are smarter and more competent then all the staff a multi billion dollar corporation can provide. If so I would go to the bank right now for seed money to start your own mmo as you are implying you could do better. Completely absurd to think that Blizzard did absolutely no planning. The tech exists for sure and they just don’t have it. I am sure that you saw the thread where they claimed the tech didn’t exist and some engineer that I think was community staff was like, “No it does exist it is just very expensive” in response to a blue post saying the tech just didn’t exist. I wonder if it still exists it’s probably auto deleted by now because it was during release of wotlk classic. So on that one point about tech I will say that yes you are correct.

Most if not all. True altruism is very rare as even people will do nice things for others because it simply makes them feel good. Honestly if they had just went through the major patches with each phase it would have quashed a lot of the forum complaining we currently see not all mind you, but a fair bit. I quit in shadowlands just after making it out of the content drought, but I had a friend delete themselves and I just had to step away from it then wrath released and a couple of friends invited me to play. I will say that retail does not feel the same, but I think there are aspects of it that are still fun to players otherwise no one would be playing retail it is just not the same for us. On that part we kinda agree.

Nice I am doing something similar with my 6 characters. I mainly play the 4 healing classes/specs (I know there is 5 with holy and I respect the players that do it well I just find it a lot of work for less payout). I have 3 sometimes 4 main 25man Ulduar raid groups (one being spanish speaking players and I don’t speak spanish, but the language barrier really isn’t an issue when you know your class and the fights. The are also a fun time even if I do not understand them 90% of the time) and sadly only 3 10man raids I go to. I do not do gdkp as I just never fell into the crowd and I don’t care about gdkp, but I do care about RMT. Also leveling a warlock, two infact, and a hunter. Warlock has honestly been a blast and that’s why I decided to level two. One for each account. I got Alg 10 finally as I have been waiting for my main guild to actually down it and have turned down offers to go kill Alg in other raid groups. It’s just a me thing. I’d rather get the Alg kills with my main guild all I got left is Alg 25. On downtime I do some pvp in BGs and some arena as friends drag me to these events. Normally my extra time outside of raiding or doing pvp with friends I am leveling alts or farming/grinding something on my own.

I was more clarifying that I don’t have anything against you personally because I am just aware that I am pretty brash. Just wanted to make sure you knew I wasn’t here trying to be a jerk or a troll. I don’t believe I can sway your opinion nor do I really care if I do or not. The reality is Blizzard has messed up in many ways and is not fixing issues fast enough on top not seeming to care enough about how well wotlk performs. Just living in the current present reality trying to have a good time and luckily I am! =)

This is just wrong because you don’t understand that the whole point is about that experience. Branding it as casual when that word doesn’t mean anything nowadays. Having interactions casually with some people doesn’t make you worse at the game or more “casual”.

Lower pop server and even some fringe mode like hardcore is not casual and will never be a definition for them. If anything it is harder to play on those server and people choose the easy way.

You went on a totally weird tangent. People don’t care if it’s an accomplishment or not, they come to Classic for the experience. Even if for some the experience is mainly raid logging in Wotlk. And while it cannot be the same there is a lot more they could have done if they cared.

You’re trying to tell me that something that looks like a dude and quacks like a duck is not a duck. You like to point out that I’m unreasonable but you have your delusions too.

The fact you write this non-ironically either means you’re trolling me or really believe it which is just way worse. The bigger they are the bigger the mistakes. We all know that wow devs have the rock star syndrome. It’s not because you can achieve something or have the man power for it that it means it will be a massive success or that you should do it.

Blizzard didn’t want to do Classic, you can’t tell me with the last feral changes that they have a plan… No one reasonable will agree with that. They keep changing stuff last minute. Just closing the servers for wotlk has been a pretty rash thing and why we’re arguing.

And it’s like you can understand that part, just aren’t willing to connect both.

I don’t mind at this point until I feel it’s a waste of time which a lot of people on the Classic forums are at this point. But when they’ve been treated like crap for so long that’s what you get. It wasn’t that bad before, but the wait for ToC and Ulduar has really made the forums way worse.

I feel at this point that either way they go there is a reason as far as servers go. And that’s always been my main point.

You either don’t understand what were talking about or trying to troll me. We are talking about the casualization of wow. This is a well known and well debated topic where most people point to WOTLK for where this really started. RDF, Welfare Epics, and Cash Shop. HC servers are a joke they arent HC they are remember where quests are, don’t go into caves, and go slow and you will never die. HC is literally the new streamer fad to drum them up some money during a lull of wow content. People can enjoy it and call it whatever they want, but it will NEVER EVER fit the definition of HC. What I said about low pop and where most of the people that are calling for nerfs and QoL are mostly from low pop. If you can’t wrap your mind around this concept then end the conversation and do not reply to me again.

Yeah dude they totally came back to experience wiping and dying. They didn’t come to experience the feeling of accomplishment. Starting to believe you haven’t been playing for as long as you have been saying because this is one of the main reason people wanted classic in the first place as most of us felt retail had lost that over time, but you can pretend to be dumb I guess.

If it looks like a dude and quacks like a duck it is probably a dude quacking like a duck and not a duck. This is fairly simple and now I know I am being trolled. I also want to inform you that many movies and shows on television have these things called actors, some may say action hero things and act like action heroes on the television, but I am sorry to inform you they are not an action hero.

Provide some actual proof to your claim and not speculation. Bobby Kotick come down to your house and tell you this or something? Again go down to the bank get some seed money and make an MMO as you believe that you could do better than what Blizzard money can buy. Starting to believe you are like 16 years old at this point or work as like a farmer or something and have no actual experience in this sector.

They are connected by the word AND. Which you could have used in the above sentence instead of a comma for whatever reason or even a semi colon would have fit. Blizzard mess up in many ways and they aren’t fast to fix issues. Not everything you believe to be an issue is actually an issue and the way you have carried yourself in this latest response I can speculate that many of the stupid things that pop up in your head aren’t actually issues.

YEAH it’s like players picked servers for specific reasons. Blizzard didn’t do this. They allowed players to have agency within their own technical limits. Then offered fresh servers for people like yourself and I will say that they did not have to do that at all, but good for them for seeing the niche and carving it out for some people.

I no longer wish to converse with you past this point as it is like chatting with a flat earther. Continue to enjoy classic or not and if you end up not enjoying it anymore then quitting is the best advice as the game is no longer benefiting you. The reality is this is what your are stuck with and complaining on the forums isn’t going to get Blizzard to care or spend more on our nostalgia. You are a fool wasting their energy and seemingly playing a version of a game that you don’t really like all that much.

Cheers.

You might want to look at whichever mirror you can find in your troglodyte den if you can’t manage to understand what I’ve been talking about. You’ve made points and points again that just ridiculise you and I can’t fathom you took so much time to make this pile of poop you call a discussion. I can advise you to quit too if you think locked servers are too much because, so far on that I’m winning. So what you gonna do? Keep putting trash on my road? Carry on. I won’t tell you what to do with your time, but I’ve digged enough to see only hate, imperialism and belittling from you. So you can go on my ignore list like the many trolls that have wasted too much of my time. I’d say cheer but I want nothing to do with someone like you. So begone pest.

I am sorry you have the IQ the same as room temp water. I am sorry that you have the awareness of a lemming. I can’t help you on that front. Not gonna read the dribble you have left behind.

However I will leave you with this. When someone says they no longer wish to converse with you, because you look like a flat earther to them, you probably shouldn’t continue as you just look like more of a moron.

Cheers!

Their fault. Blizzard created mega realms, not us. By allowing server transfers it simply caused everyone to transfer off of where they did not like and onto where they did like. So everyone started going to the exact same servers.

Blizzard should never have allowed server transfers in Classic in any way shape or form ever for any reason at all. It caused me to log in to a toon one day and find that my entire guild and all my friends had xfered off the server.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.