Stop blaming blizzard for human nature

Your analogy only works if the City “upgraded” that basketball court in 1981, and they haven’t done anything but pick up trash and sweep it since. Now more people want to play basketball, it only has ONE court and the asphalt (or whatever it’s made of) is destroyed from the the years. It’s outdated and small. MAN it’s easy to pick you people apart…

Analogy is perfect. It’s the “just because you had the right of way doesn’t make you less dead” train of thought, which is less a train of thought and more just reality. It doesn’t matter if it’s not officially your responsibility: it is both the case that you have an informal obligation to respect the places you spend your time, and which you share with others, and not abiding by that obligation will mean those places will be dumpier on average because no entity can be on top of it literally 24/7 to perfection.

This is still bad. The city has since given you multiple courts to play on. You just keep wanting to play on “that one over there.” It’s like the gambler who sits on the same slot machine over and over because it’s “lucky”. You have other courts to play on. It isn’t the city or Blizzard’s fault you personally refuse to play on another court.

Which blows my mind. In any other rational situation you and everyone else would just shut up and actually move to another court and not stand there gawking at everyone else playing and being irritated. Why is this any different? You want to play the game? Then make an effort to actually play it.

1 Like

Unchanged in 19 years. That’s not “imperfection” That’s NEGLECT.

This is not the analogy he gave, Ignoring the rest of what you wrote. You don’t get to change the analogy to fit your narrative. That’s not how an argument works.

Uh, what? Are you saying that an attempt to recreate the original expansions as close to how they felt as possible is “unchanged in 19 years” and “neglect”?

Or are you claiming that their server technology is the same now as it was in 2004?

I’m gonna leave you with this; It’s 2022 and the servers remain unchanged since '04/'08 where the population was RIDICULOUSLY higher than it is now. Not only should the servers not be full yet, we shouldn’t even have to pick a server. We should all be accommodated on the same one, because there are games that are capable of this. The fact it exists elsewhere is the entire reason to be upset that OUR money is going to waste on body types, and fruit pictures.

No, this is very much how life works. I used to work at a Racquetball club in town many moons ago. We had Racquetball, we had tennis courts, etc. We had 6 of each court. Now, you came in and signed up for a room and then you had that room. Much like the WoW queue system. If you wanted that room, you signed onto the list and waited your turn to get in to play in that room or to play with that group of people, otherwise you would sign up for another court.

This is absolutely no different. You have multiple servers here, you have the ability to sign up for another server, or you wait your turn. You didn’t barge into our club, or these servers demanding everyone else cater to you. You make a choice to wait in line, or you move on to where there is absolutely little to no line. There is no blaming everyone else.

Nobody cares dude.

Nothing like it at all, we’re talking technical capability, and the fact that they refuse to get better hardware.

Which is THE problem, it’s 2022 the tech exists for servers to be larger/not need more than 1.

Lol?

Not blaming “everyone else” Just Blizzard, you know, the entity responsible for it’s own hardware technical limitations?

I’m glad we’ve established you care as little about my experience with systems and practices as much as I care about you crying about your queue time. I’ll be enjoying playing the game on my servers with full but not stupidly over the top populations. Enjoy your queue.

1 Like

Ah, so it’s the server thing. Well, I guess you can be happier now knowing that you’re just mistaken and Blizzard is using entirely different server technology nowadays than they were back in Wrath proper? The server capacities are way up because of it. OG Wrath servers had caps of around 2500 players and obviously we are way, way, way beyond that in Classic.

You might want to get proof.

Systems and practices have nothing to do with technical limitations on a server, when the tech exists for server caps to be much larger than they currently are.

You guys are just wrong. Stop bootlicking.

Oh I’d love to see your proof we were playing on 10k+ mega servers back in the original game. That will be interesting to see.

Ok well we currently have mega servers in Classic that have tens of thousands of players, meanwhile:

https://forums_mmorpg_com/discussion/212110/what-is-max-pop-of-a-server

I have this link ready to go because I looked it up for a completely separate discussion yesterday or the day before.

See that’s not what I said. What I DID say however is that OTHER games have the hardware to have MANY multiples more people housed at one, in one phase/instance. The fact that blizzard, with even more money of course, can’t do it is blasphemy.

“The MMORPG game EVE Online says it has assembled the largest supercomputer cluster in the history of the gaming, and has hosted 30,000 concurrent users on a single shard.”

“have” and "online at once in the same SHARD/LAYER is different. The tech exists, blizz doesn’t wanna shell out the cash.

Lol this doesn’t even work.

This is a discussion between randos, that you’re using as what? Proof? Of what exactly? That people are typing words?

What you said was that the server hardware hasn’t changed and they are operating on old tech and can handle more. Which you yourself just debunked. We have servers that can handle absurd capacities of 10k or more and all this layering to handle such stupidly high numbers to the point the layers are making the game look like there are barely 10 people playing, let alone the 10k that’s on it. But “Blizzard’s tech is old.”

How would you have them upgrade their servers?

Like what specifically do you think they should do to facilitate players who stacked on a server way past when it said “Full”?

Ok but you’re now free to admit you were wrong about them not touching their server tech for 19 years. You didn’t say they didn’t have the latest and greatest tech, but rather that they had neglected it entirely for the entirety of WoW’s lifespan.

C’mon man. Use the ol’ noodle.