Stop blaming blizzard for human nature

It’s not Blizzard’s responsibility to fundamentally break their game to bend to players who couldn’t think two steps into their own choices.

Also, cross realm RDF would exclusively fix access to dungeons. The economy and raid scene of low pop servers are still slow or non existent.

None of that is either here or there, can we at least agree that Blizz’s server are dogdoodoo, and better ones exist and have for a while with Companies with less resources, because if you’re not going to admit that, then we’re going nowhere.

That quote is about your stupid Basketball court analogy. :roll_eyes:

Yeah sure bud. After you came in hot like a stubborn, inarticulate moron we’ll just let bygones be bygones.

Here’s what you do in this situation. You say, “Manfighting, I mispoke. I acted like an indignant idiot. I apologize for expressing myself incorrectly and then acting like a jerk to everyone who was responding to what I actually said instead of the thing inside my head that I did not express at all. My bad. I meant to say that the servers were not as good as they should be.”

And then I can respond to this entirely new point that you didn’t make at all up to this point.

It was you giving your take on Blizzard’s server technology, using my analogy as a backboard. In my analogy the courts are the servers, and you intentionally used that to say that the servers were entirely unchanged in 19 years and therefor had been utterly neglected.

Are you seriously going to try to stoop to blatant and direct lying instead of just copping to your own mistakes?

I haven’t lied about anything. You’re giving stupid incoherent analogies that some other guy had to change for you to fit the argument better. Now you’re calling me a moron, way to stoop to a different low. Calling names because I just keep pointing you to the FACT that better servers exist and this problem exists because blizz won’t shell out the cash. Believe what you want, do what you want, you’re acting like a child and I’m done. You don’t want to have a debate, you want to be right and me to agree with you. I won’t. You’re wrong. the end. Ignoring thread. Enjoy arguing with … yourself?

Do you know what the Dunning-Kruger effect is?

In short, the less you know about something, the more you feel like you know about it, simply because you don’t have the perspective to know how much you don’t know.

I do this stuff for a living. “Improve infrastructure” or “add better cpu/more memory” isn’t a reasonable solution. Here’s an explanation I wrote as to why:

Relevant to some other posts in here:

Do you know it’s unchanged? I seriously doubt you’re correct.

Go figure, there weren’t megaservers back then. Also the lag was insane on the old machines.

Again, no way you’re seriously implying their technology hasn’t upgraded in 19 years?

Explain this. This was in 2006 btw.

They rent machines dude. The hardware is the best suited to the task. Their server engineers know what they’re doing.

There are no savings for using a weaker machine than you need. It costs you more money to run high intensive tasks through machines that can’t handle them.

So, I’m going out on a limb here… You’re saying Blizz people may NOT know what they’re doing, and Blizzard doesn’t have the money that EVE has? I’m confused dude. Break it down how Blizz CAN’T do this.

“The sharp growth rate of EVE Online was pushing the limits of the technology we replaced,” said Hilmar Veigar Petursson, CEO of CCP Games, which is based in Reykjavik, Iceland and says it hopes to support at least 50,000 concurrent users. “Our goal was to implement a scalable solution that could accommodate the influx of new subscribers and gracefully manage the steadily increasing demand put on our infrastructure. IBM provided us with optimized hardware that improved overall game performance and increased capacity, especially during peak server usage timeframes.”

Wow. 2006. That predates Spark! That predates modern distributed computing!

Sounds like they built an extremely expensive cluster of extremely expensive hardware. That’s not how it’s done.

Are you gonna be deliberately ignorant here and ignore the rest of the info I provided as a professional in this space?

No, because when it comes to HOW I am ignorant, and willing to admit it, so either you can answer my question or you can’t, ball’s in your court, so to speak, LOL

You have lied twice now: once about what you said which we can all literally see, and now a second time about that you lied in the first instance.

It’s childish behavior to lie to (try and) avoid having to take responsibility for your mistakes.

I know.

So process scaling isn’t a “put round peg in round hole” problem. You can’t say “well EVE did it!” and say WoW should do it the same way. It’s not always possible.

I don’t play EVE, but I’m confident it doesn’t play exactly like WoW. I’m positive the two aren’t implemented the same way.

Read the rest of my post, where I explained exactly why I think scaling up the cluster only adds more lag.

So how can eve do it but not blizz? Are they that helpless? :thinking:

Let me just go ahead and give you a 6 year degree and 4 years industry experience real quick lmao.

I’ve tried explaining and you’re trying to pick it apart, not understand. Sounds like an effort in futility, and it’s honestly not my job to teach you, and I frankly don’t care if you choose to remain ignorant.

Eve is a different game with different distributed computing requirements.

So you don’t know. Neither does anyone else, What I want, and I’m sure everyone else would welcome it too, is a response from blizzard. Not the “we’re doing this thing” response that everyone just accepts as the “norm” per-say, but technical reasoning as to why the tech they do have is the best, or as to why they don’t have the best. We’ll never get it, but that’s most of the problem with the whole situation.

So what ur just telling me rn is…. A billion dollar gaming company has NO capability whatsoever to increase capacity on ONE server? Interesting….

So what, I have degrees in other things that you wouldn’t possibly understand either, but I’d try to make you understand so we could have a conversation, you’re not even willing to have a conversation, so I ask… WHY THE HELL ARE YOU EVEN HERE? TO TRY TO MAKE PEOPLE FEEL STUPID?.. Because your answer to my questions were basically " I don’t know read this thing I wrote" Honestly…

Careful, he might try to use his other post to make you feel stupid instead of explaining like he’s a god in his field.

1 Like