Stop asking for the Alliance to take dark turns or be the bad guys

i feel like there is a problem of imbalance here.
Blizzard has gone too far with teldrassil so how we can even be bad at this point?

it’s ridiculous that blizzard tried to show that the alliance has go “too far” with dazar’alor. when they had their way to justify the attack as much as possible.

if anything we were to soft.
in one hand i don’t really want the alliance to become as bad as the horde, but in the other how is that even possible?

so i don’t think that there is nothing wrong for wanting more teeth from our leaders, nothing wrong with a little more of revenge, nothing wrong with an eye for and eye.

i don’t want to be the bad guys, but at the same time i don’t want to go to the other extreme and become angels of forgiveness.

i think that is fine that anduin or jaina for whatever reasons they may have want peace to save the world from the black empire.
But i also would want other characters that don’t agree with their view so they can challenge them and create conflict. This would be good for all of us.
that would give them purpose to each character representing something different.
otherwise, there would be no point of having different characters if all them act like anduin.

personally, i don’t want the alliance to take a dark turn, but having at least someone who wants nothing more than revenge and do what is needed to get it is what i want.
It would… make the alliance a more deeper and interesting faction.

1 Like

This hasn’t worked out for the Horde, though, with their Play Along options. I don’t know why anyone would imagine it would go any better for Alliance players.

6 Likes

Thats the frazzling part for me, There were soooo many more things blizzard coulda done to make the story more compelling for both factions.

30 Likes

Meaningful conflict is a lot more than a binary choice between being a incorruptible source of purity and eating babies like they portray in that instance and like 90% of ME3.

5 Likes

I don’t want the Alliance to have a go with the Villain Bat to be petty. I want the criers of Horde bias to know how we feel when we are forced to be the subject of Blizz’s version of “bias” and development. It just may shut them up.

19 Likes

True, but i wasn’t really talking about player choice.
i was just talking about what the characters do about the current situation, i am supposed to accept that “tyrande got her revenge” and that she is going to accept to help thunder bluff because anduin or jaina want it?

if she does i want that to see her reaction to all of that, or after finding out that saurfang is alive ect.

that is what i want.and i agree that due to the nature of the game they can’t divide the faction. players taking sides would be a different story.

I’ve posted this a few times, but my best case scenario would be something like:

Tyrande has Saurfang at bow point again, Saurfang is not moving and accepting being judged by the embodiment of Elune again, while Sylvanas is smirking in the distance behind him pleased that her enemies are pitted against each other. Only for Tyrande to shoot her arrow and it goes over Saurfang’s shoulder and kills Sylvanas’ remaining Val’kyr (lets say after Saurfang has already killed the other one). Sylvanas screams and retreats, and Tyrande says something to Saurfang like “You will live, and atone for what you have done until your dying breath. Elune make it so you will not find that reprieve for years to come.”

6 Likes

Can you imagine the amount of complaints from Horde if there was a War of Thorns in reverse on say Quel’thalas? Threads on Alliance favoritism would be in endless hyperdrive. In reality when Horde says they want the Alliance to feel like villains they don’t mean it because they would hate what that entails. What they really want is the Horde to be allowed to do things like the War of Thorns upon the Alliance but just not be made to feel bad about it and they want the story to pat them on the backs for it instead of the infighting it causes within the Horde.

12 Likes

Wanting the alliance to be the bad guys only makes me look at the horde to see how bad the villian bat is and why it is best avoided.

12 Likes

Look on the bright side. The Alliance would be getting the lion’s share of development and plot advancement if that happened.

15 Likes

Ya it really is best avoided, after this xpack we prolly wont have many dynamic or interesting characters (to me at least) left on our side…

Thing is, killing characters in wow, it takes yearsssss to rebuild new ones.

1 Like

The plot advancment is a circle

1 Like

What plot advancement? Pretty much everything achieved in the Horde War Campaign has been undone or turned against the Horde, and beyond that we just have a repeat of Mists of Pandaria’s faction story. Reruns aren’t development.

7 Likes

As the Horde’s story from Cata to now can testify.

To Blizzard, it is. I don’t like it and several Horde members don’t like it. Killing off our Heroes with no replacements lined up ain’t development either but here we are.

9 Likes

After this xpack? I’d think blizzard would have to focus even more on the horde to really develop some characters.

Ew, I dont want another end of legion where we dident do much.

No.

I’m tired of doing all the work to make WoW interesting.

15 Likes

It’s something they really should’ve been doing two expacs ago if they were gonna be killing our notable Horde members left, right, and center.

1 Like

I mean the alliance could be agressive but then the horde would have to be the passive faction in this and current writers write the horde as very agressive very wasteful and very destructive to the land.

1 Like

To be fair, Thrall and Vol’jin are back, and Saurfang and Rokhan have gotten more screen time than they ever has before.

See, that is a really good scene. Which is why WoW will never let it happen.

8 Likes