Stop asking for the Alliance to take dark turns or be the bad guys

Because I don’t want to have another Arthas or Garithos to come out of the Alliance for the sake of being the bad guy for one expansion. Or our own version of Garrosh which we almost had with Jaina.

15 Likes

It is even more annoying if people asking for the Alliance to take a dark turn are the same people who dislike the Horde playing musical chairs with their Warchiefs.

7 Likes

Lets just say I feel if the Alliance ends up being the bad guys, they would do far more damage then Horde bad guys.

“Looks at Arthas”

1 Like

Or Varian before Mists of Pandaria.

Wrath of the Lich King Varian sucked.

2 Likes

At least Varian had that moment in ICC with Saurfang.

5 Likes

I agree, yeah, but I still didn’t like him for pretty much being Blue Garrosh before that.

1 Like

What’s wrong with asking for the Alliance to have some teeth? I for one would love for the Night Elves to viciously drive the Horde from their lands and leave the corpses of intruders impaled on the border as a reminder to stay out. They could even team up with the Botani to achieve it.

36 Likes

That’s what they would have done in WC3. A return to form for them. Might happen too since Tyrande has a case of the black spooky eyes.

“Don’t villain bat us, villain bat the Alliance instead!” - Blood Elf avatar

19 Likes

Alright but could Rell Nightwind remain on Anduin’s side?

Nothing wrong with this.

What is wrong is Horde players who don’t like rebelling against their own faction wanting Tyrande and the Night Elves to rebel against the Alliance because Anduin and Jaina are calling for peace.

12 Likes

If he wants to stay with that peacenik loser and betray the people slaughtered at Teldrassil that’s his decision.

I hope they do, I really do.

I get they don’t want it for any reason other than equality but it would be a nice change to not have the Alliance be a monolithic empire led by a boy barely out of his diapers. They had some of the Alliance outright disagree and ignore him in Darkshore but that didn’t really have any time spent on it and it remains to be seen if everything will return to the status quo of Anduin doing no wrong and everyone following him and his tactical genius.

2 Likes

Just thought it wouldn’t make sense for his character after MoP.

This. Night Elves used to be pretty brutal. I want to see some of that come back. Since Wrathgate we’ve just been doing the same song and dance on loop. The Horde does something “morally gray” and all we do to react is go “Omg.”

4 Likes

I remember. Just did it on an alt I was levelling actually. Apparently it’s a bad thing to shoot a bunch of hulking monsters who could crush your spine with a hug. Pretty sure this topic’s been covered before and most think he’s an idiot.

Granted, Rell did crush a grunts head with a box so I get that point.

Kinda have this with the Wardens and Demon hunters.

So, I don’t think the Alliance needs to take a dark turn. Though that doesn’t mean that they can’t generate more of the conflict.

Also, this thread illustrates my frustration with people who claim that Blizzard somehow caters to the Horde. That thing that you don’t want: being made into villains for the other faction? Yeah, that’s what happens to Horde players over and over.

43 Likes

I’m pretty sure horde players want it so alliance players will have to deal with a civil war.

4 Likes

I definitely don’t think Blizzard has been carting to the Horde this expansion. It’s been a pretty terrible ride for just about everyone on the Horde. If you’re an Honor Horde fan it feels like Blizzard has been catering to Evil Sylvanas fans, yet at the same time, Sylvanas fans also know the other shoe is coming to drop sooner or later, too.

19 Likes