Stop announcing beta and tests and stuff if 99% population cant get in

lets get everyone hyped up about AV testing! acting like a lot of players will be able to try it get them to resub and then nope

14 Likes

No thanks. Getting updates is good and important.

22 Likes

lets get everyone hyped up about AV testing! acting like a lot of players will be able to try it get them to resub and then nope

2 Likes

As much as I like updates and information, I would prefer to not have the option show up on my launcher IF i CANT use it. When you(Blizz) are ready for me to test the stress, then make it show up.

11 Likes

this is what im saying!

1 Like

To be fair, beta testers have their own dedicated forum so technically announcements should go there, no? Blizzard isn’t actually updating us here, they’re just announcing events for beta testers and things like that. Knowing they’re testing AV does nothing for 99.9% of people here and the 0.1% it does apply to could just check their dedicated forum for the key dates and times.

4 Likes

THIS JUST IN CLASSIC TEST TOMORROW…you can’t play tho

6 Likes

if you resub to bank on a lotto ticket that’s on you, not them

4 Likes

no one even posts in that sub

i play retail i dont resub but i know people who do

This guy doesn’t speak for me blizz. I want as much info about this project as i can get. From blizz preferably. Right here in our house on the classic forums. Down with Twitter. We want old school social media! We’re board warriors!

4 Likes

Here is what the forums would look like after a stress test if it wasn’t announced:

Why didn’t you tell us there was a stress test going on?

I might have been one of the ones chosen to play, but I never thought to check because your didn’t tell us it was happening! Now I’ll never know!

I could have at least watched the streams, but I didn’t know it was going on!

3 Likes

its not information dude its baiting subs saying AV test this weekend! you can download vanilla in your launcher! but no u cant play it

2 Likes

Players: “Hey, why are there still so many bugs in the Classic client?”

Devs: “We had to spend time and budget reworking the launcher not to show beta if the user was not actually in beta.”

im a software engineer it takes 5 minutes
edit of course it takes more than 5 minutes but it does not take the whole team
for you people taking it in a literal sense
i was responding to someone who was obviously memeing

you guys are insane…

you are all the Karens of the gaming community… its nuts

1 Like

It does plenty for people here. Gets them to go watch streams and build streamer community. Classic is all about community after all…

1 Like

They should be in both places IMO.

They’re giving us progress reports for beta and Classic development in general, just like this forum demanded for months.

Personally, I’d be fine if they stopped, because this isn’t something that they really need to do. They’re taking time out of their day with their busy schedules to keep us in the loop, and they’re doing us a favor by doing so. I think that it’s great that they’re doing this, and it was demanded by the community (in an extremely impolite fashion tbh), but if they stopped that would just be normal.

1 Like

the way you worded it made it seem like it was blizzard’s fault when it’s the players fault for banking on a lotto ticket by resubbing. also in there blue post they said beta testers will be invited, if you aren’t a beta tester don’t resub to hopefully get in. waste of $$

1 Like

They don’t update us and everyone gets mad. They do update us and everyone gets mad.

We can at least check out the AV on youtube or twitch to see how its looking.

2 Likes