Stolen Crystal [RP/OOC] [Sign-Ups Closed]

I’ll get my next post written up after work tomorrow. Been distracted most of the day.

2 Likes

Sorry didn’t see the IC thread, posted to catch up :slight_smile: and also to tease Tolbyas, cuz that’s what Kora does :stuck_out_tongue:

Name: Steel Maverick [real name: Damalys Sunstriker]

Race: Blood Elf

Brief History: Grew up on the outskirts of Eversong woods and joined the Farstriders at the age of 19. Upon doing so,he killed a small group of Amani trolls who had murdered his parents and tried to sacrifice his little brother Kalithos to their Loa. Fortunately,he made it in time to save the boy becoming his legal guardian as their estranged uncle was deemed unfit. Two years after those events, the scourge invaded and he had suffered a blow to the head which bereft him of his memories and had others believing him to be dead when a travelling shaman had taken him to nurse his wounds. Damalys eventually regained his memory,began to dabble in engineering to up his efficiency as a soldier and eventually reunited with his now young adult brother leading the elder Sunstriker to find a goal: Aid his brother and those in dire need. He became a mechanic in Ratchet upon recent events and secretly dons an armor,hooded cloak and goggles becoming Steel Maverick,a champion sworn to defend those oppressed by the power mad banshee queen and other forces as sinister.

Combat Style: Swordsmanship with slight implementation of his gadgets and explosives.

Mount (Flying preferred): For ground he has a mechano hog he rebuilt from the ground up and a flying machine he worked on with his associate Snytz.

Why You Are Here/Interested: An artifact this powerful could be dangerous in the wrong hands. He also remembered hearing stories about Kersia from his little brother and decided to take the initiative and help,any friend of of Kali’s was a friend of his.

2 Likes

Name: Lynara Nightblade (formerly Leafblade)

Race: Kaldorei

Brief History: Lynara was trapped in Darkshore after the burning of Teldrassil. She fought the horde until the Kaldorei forced returned where she rejoined them in the war against the horde. In an ambush she and her fellow sentinels were killed. She was risen as a Dark Ranger and for a while fought for the Forsaken. Now her loyalties are in conflict with her own sense of self. Something that she has been fighting to determine. She needs to understand who she is and who she wants to be in this new unlife.

Combat Style: she prefers ranged combat but is no stranger to melee.

Mount (Flying preferred): an undead Hippogryph, her faithful steed both in life and death.

Why You Are Here/Interested: Lynara has been struggling to understand herself outside of the influence of the forsaken and the other Dark Rangers. She sees this as an opportunity to help another and not be involved with the current conflict for a brief time.

1 Like

You are good to go, Distro. Glad you decided to join up.

so many elves!

Darak will be ticked off by so many elves here.

Orlok’s not exactly comfortable being sureoinded by so many NElves.

Curious what his opinion is on Velfs.

Name: Myorga Gladstone

Race: Gilnean Human

Brief History: Refugee from Gilneas after the Worgen invasion. Has been popping up here and there across Azeroth in service to the Alliance under the employ of a company called The Gilneas Imperial Army. No one is quite sure where this group came from or if they’re even an official armed force. All that is known is Myorga is a Captain of the ranks, and it is her duty to observe and report on Legion activity on the planet.

Combat Style: Prefers a projectile weapon of some sort. After a brief incursion in Kul’Tiras, she can be seen sporting a 7th legion rifle with an extended barrel and a long, powerful scope attached. She is also skilled in hand-to-hand combat and can assume a worgen form should the need arise.

Mount (Flying preferred): A wolfhawk on loan from the Trueshot Lodge in Highmountain of the Broken Isles.

Why You Are Here/Interested: Myorga knows too well the kind of damage that can ensue if the Legion or the Scourge is allowed to go unchecked. She is no stranger to the region of Northrend. She also suspects that there may be some source of Legion activity involved. If the Legion were to join forces with any remnants of the Scourge, it would be a bad day for Azeroth indeed.

Good to go, with that I am fully closing this. Unless a bunch of people drop, I don’t think I’ll reopen.

sounds good to me. I’ll make my first official post in the RP/IC thread and join the bunch. :slight_smile:

sorry I am slow, work makes it hard to check, let alone post, so I will do my best to keep caught up :slight_smile:

Unfortunately, I think I’m gonna have to bail on this one. Workload is increasing which is going to be demanding more time and energy, and to be completely honest I’m not really comfortable with some of the stuff that’s been posted already. Wish everyone luck, but I think it’s in best interests if I go ahead and dip out.

I should forewarn now, so slight spoilers for the story. The party is going to end up split up and reformed a few times once we reach the tower. Into groups, though I’ve not decided all the details to it fully. Portal magic will work sort of. If the character tries to warp, portal, or blink out, they’ll end up right where they originally landed. However, reaching into pocket spaces to retrieve stored items will still work.

Is okie, not sure which parts you take issue with and not asking you to divulge, but I understand completely. Sorry you are leaving and I hope things slow down with your workload soon :slight_smile:

Since the question seems to have been raised, I will endeavor to explain as politely as I can, given that I’m currently tired and need to go to bed. I will, however, be blunt.

I’m not really a fan of the flirting from Kora. I’m aware it’s not aimed at me, but it comes across as cringey at best and creepy at worst, bringing to mind some unsavory past experiences that I’ve had with other people and some annecdotes that I would rather not repeat. My preferred style of RP also does not mesh well with yours at all. It was tolerable in Scales, but I don’t really want to deal with it again.

In short, the character’s presentation makes me extremely uncomfortable, and given that our RP styles already don’t mesh, I’m stepping away out of respect for Vyn rather than risk derailing her story later.

shrug sorry you feel that way. Still hope your workload lessens soon :slight_smile: also was not my intention to make anyone uncomfortable, sorry I did. not sure about the whole meshing thing, but still sorry I made you uncomfortable. I needed a dragon so I could rp in stories with Kersia and Mortre and any others.

By all means, make whatever character you want. But you don’t “need” a dragon to RP in a story with dragons unless that story is solely about dragon characters.

3 Likes

Case in point: me. Not a dragon, but the experience of working with dragons would be good for my character in future RPs.

1 Like

I’m not getting involved in this conversation
/types away in ic thread