Still waiting for that answer

Haven’t forgotten Bornakk.

I do hope you had a good Christmas, though. Did you eat lots of good food?

3 Likes

It’s rare for these new CM’s to touch a thread unless it’s a joke thread, expecting them to answer something real is asking a lot. I wish you the best of luck with this extreme rng though.

4 Likes

Finding a CM inside a serious thread is like seeing a real legit rainbow unicorn irl. It never happens.

7 Likes

Bornakk isn’t new

2 Likes

I don’t think there is some simple solution to this problem that can be solved without controversy. The population is slanted for one-reason or another and if you balance that reason you still haven’t provided incentive for people to transfer back to Alliance for whatever reason.

2 Likes

Yeah, my big problem is that it’s not an issue that we can fix. If there’s a population imbalance, it’s literally up to the devs to fix it.

What really worries me is the…

…part. Because if most people prefer red over blue, but they sold the game to people who prefer blue with the expectation that red and blue would be more or less balanced, then it’s up to them to make blue awesome enough to change people’s minds and keep things in balance.

The only response I can have to “red is just cooler!” coming from a CM is literally to cancel my sub. I have no other voice.

1 Like

How do you do that without disrupting gameplay though? If we hit an equilibrium gameplay wise but population are still slanted in favor of one-side then how do you convince them to spend $15 to transfer or reroll without disrupting equilibrium.

By no means am I suggesting that things perfect gameplay wise but the solution is tough. You can’t just super-buff racials or hand out free things without creating a pendulum effect.

But I can’t speak much for Blizzard’s track record of Yo-yo-ing class performance and the kneejerk 30% warmode buff. I’m afraid their solution will be inelegant and the pendulum won’t stop in the center.

“make them awesome enough” doesn’t necessarily mean power. It can also mean story and aesthetics.

If their story is boring, spice it up.

If Anduin isn’t cutting it, find something that will. If carbon-copying the horde with the High-King storyline makes the Alliance 5th rate interesting, try going with something closer to Game of Thrones instead.

If your idea for a GoT storyline was “give it to the horde!” because it’s an awesome idea, maybe give it to the Alliance instead.

They’ve gone on record saying the Alliance isn’t interesting and, as a result, is difficult to write story for. If that’s the problem, fix it. Don’t just focus on the Horde because “they work and we know how to write them”.

https://i.imgur.com/rpEkirY.gifv

That isn’t what they said. They said it’s hard to change people’s mind on what their preferences are.

Yup, it’s hard. And it’s only my problem as long as I choose to put up with it.

I love WoW. I’ve been playing it for years. I want it to stay around, and I want it to stay relevant, but the population imbalance is a big issue for me since it is directly affecting my ability to do things like run M+ dungeons and raid because I play alliance and have no desire to play Horde.

If I have to choose between starting over in WoW on a new faction, paying money to faction change (meaning I can’t go back to alliance without spending more money), or quitting to play other games, I’m going to play other games and I don’t want to.

On the bright side, Bornakk has traditionally been really good about looking into things he said he would look into. I just don’t want to get lost in the holiday shuffle.

Blue is superior. Red is total garbage.

My race is only with red, though.

Blizzard could fix this problem really quickly and easily.

How could they fix it?

Only 1 CM now lurks in the shadows of the forums, no others exist.

High Elves.

[roll eyes]

Not this again. It’s not that simple. It’s also not what I was asking about. My question in the other thread was simply, “how bad is faction participation in end-game activities because it feels and looks like the Alliance just isn’t playing the game?”

It is that simple. Put High Elves behind a reputation gate and watch the participation gap disappear before the next patch.

Way too dangerous. The second they provide and answer, they are plague-bombed by forum trolls. It had be 100% correct information, verifiable, and defensible. This is why you’ll mostly see them in funny, and non-controversial threads.

If I were them I’d be sweating too. I’m pretty sure sneezing just got added to the list of microaggressions.

1 Like

They could remove all of them except the ones from Customer Support and none of us would know the difference except those of us who post in those “lounge” threads. I really don’t know why Blizzard doesn’t save the money and get rid of them, it’s more than obvious that they aren’t needed.

Friday bump!!!

Maybe if we say his name 3 times while looking in a mirror, Bornakk will appear with an answer!