Still think layering will be gone by phase 2?

The literal wording was:

We’re going to continue that process over the first few weeks, till eventually we will collapse down, and we promise we will do this a few weeks in , to a single world per realm, no sharding, none of that going forward.

How is that not a promise to remove layering a few weeks in?

Yeah, but if I said that, I’d catch more grief.

1 Like

Oh cool I didn’t think I could post videos yet lol

Youtube is whitelisted.

1 Like

Can you please link that clip? Or Blizz post? To ensure we are all on the same page.

All the relevant information is in here.

2 Likes

Then I stand corrected…back to my pit of misery

Just resubbed :crazy_face:

After how long?

I fully expect layering to be gone in P2. Layering is the just in case we don’t know mitigation system to handle the tsunami of “what-if” that’ll surround Classic launch, a system that is in a unique position compared to other games and such.

By P2 they will have better, more accurate data on traffic, realm use, population balance, etc. etc. so that they can make better long term decisions.

At P2 that will be their opportunity do roll those out.

Right now? They don’t know anything. None of the current data is valid beyond “boy that’s a lot”, which is not helpful.

1 Like

Not as long as I’d have liked.

Ha ha, same here.

1 Like

Yeah I do. They cant have world bosses with layering. If the realms crash (Herod, Faerlina, Whitemane, Pagle lol) then thats what you get for rolling on a Full.

Yeah…with the pop on Herod/Faerlina it’s looking like they are going to have layering past phase 1.
I can be wrong and people may drop off but that is how it’s looking atm.

1 Like

Funny, if you read the comments, folks WANT the queues and pain and crush of an overwhelmed realm. “Die, layers, die!” they shout, pitch forks in hand.

“If it’s not lagging, it’s not Vanilla!” read the T-shirts.

When P2 hits, the folks on the high-pop realms are probably going to have some hard choices to make.

1 Like

I think this will include the majority of the realms. I think Blizz has underestimated the demand

1 Like

I always recommend the Glenfiddich 15yr. I even prefer it to their 18 and 21yr offerings. It’s very good value (IMO).

If you’re more of a peat-head, try Jura… I think Destiny was the one I had. Outstanding whisky for those who like a LOT of flavor.

I’m also a fan of Suntory Hibiki Harmony.

And now my mouth is watering…

They will. I’ve yet to be proven wrong on that. You will see.

You’re yet to be proven right, you mean.

2 Likes

Then they get long queues.

I don’t see the problem.