Still no blue post about RP-PvP servers

It a small way. Report a name or guild because it’s blatantly not a name and it will get attention. (When enough people report).

Trolling in game is very subjective and Blizzard isn’t there to move people off your picnic space.

The OP, no, the follow up reply, very much so

They have RP realms on the stress test though.

1 Like

But are they RP-PVP? I don’t have access to the beta.

No, they’re normal RP realms, but your claim was they wouldn’t have RP-PVP realms on the stress test because RP isn’t helpful to beta testing, but if that were the case they wouldn’t have RP realms at all.

His reply was pretty much said the same thing I said- just more aggressive. That doesn’t mean he’s trolling. I agree with what he said.

Right, I did post that.

I was not aware that there were RP servers in the beta.

Their most recent answer is that they’re still assessing it.

1 Like

Uh oh, time to report, someone doesn’t agree on the internets.

It’s OK to not agree. If you want a RP-PvP realm that’s fine.

Your wall is the statement “RP-PvP is niche” it’s not the OP’s intent. Drumming up drama due to current trending topics is the intent.

And your problem is you can’t allow bigger troll?

Funny, you see a problem but you are ignoring where I pointed out the actual RP-PvP wall.

If I don’t ignore a would have to report you way too often :slight_smile:

As an Emerald Dreamizen it used to be more RP heavy. The server got flooded due to RP-PvP realms being unique and exempt from certain sharding rules. It created a cool environment but Warmode killed it.

Now it’s basically just a normal RP realm. A normal RP realm filled with PvP bros.

You do know this exactly what people do on RP servers right? We have to make the most out of what Blizzard provided. If Blizzard won’t give us player-owned housing to make a bar then we have to work with what we got. We bring the bar to us.

2 Likes

Honestly, I don’t really RP. But I know that they last thing Blizz said about it was that the plan was a no for launch but that they would be open to making an RP-PVP server if there was enough interest after launch. To me this seems like maybe Blizzard is just trying to be conservative and not open too many servers.

As a suggestion to my RP friends out there…maybe roll on an RP server for now and all the ones who want RP-PVP servers maybe flag yourself for PVP and roll around while questing. The data from that could be used to further convince Blizzard of a need for at least one RP-PVP realm.

I honestly think Blizzard is worried that there may not be very many people who want to play on RP servers in Classic (much less RP-PVP which is even further of a niche group), so that’s why they are hesitant to do an RPPVP server.

The only solution I can think of right now is for RP-PVP players to roll on an RP server for the time being to get your RP in and just purposely flag yourself for PVP, that way at least maybe they will have some data metrics from in game to show that there is a vested interest in RP-PVP realms and may help to convince them to make at least one. It’s not a great solution…but it’s at least an option I guess.

I honestly hope you guys get your RP-PVP server, even if I don’t participate personally.

It’s cool, you are not interested in the topic either. Don’t need to be interested if it’s not for you.

Devs stated their position. This thread isn’t about that position it’s about inciting people to feign outrage.

You aren’t even required to agree with me. It’s a beautiful thing, the internet.

It has been discussed at length in the main thread Pintero made, why that is a seriously flawed idea. Both for the health of the RPPVP server that might come out in the future, as well as the surrogate server that would be vacated.

1 Like

Oh I agree. It’s not a good solution. the best solution would be for Blizzard to put an RP-PVP server in at launch. I just don’t think they are going to (at least until they say otherwise).

The problem is that if they don’t put one in at launch and try to do it later, then they will run into the problem of all the RP-PVP players already having established characters and not wanting to reroll on a new server. Especially since it would have to have it’s own economy and all that re-established.

Personally I wish that Blizz would put an RP-PVP server in at launch for you guys, because it was there in Vanilla, and personally I don’t think that a group of players (no matter how niche) shouldn’t have their way to play taken away.

The solution I listed above is basically the only option (again unless Blizzard finally agrees to do it at launch) that might be available. Or you guys will have to play on RP PVE servers…which I know a lot of you don’t want to do either…and that sucks.

They gave one and its not the one you or i like sadly. I would say it would be better to ask if the community has changed blizzard mind yet than it is to demand they address X like so many do.

There isn’t enough interest for a PVP-RP server, sorry. I get that you feel strongly about it but you and a handful of people do not a healthy server community make.

1 Like

That is very much against the spirit of RP-PVP. Look up the term “bluewalling”.

1 Like