Still no blue post about RP-PvP servers

I understand your point. I think the RP-PVP community would be happier just doing a hostile takeover of a PVP server if it comes to launch day and a proper server isn’t available.

2 Likes

That’s not a bad idea either…the problem you run into is that I know there are a lot of RP trolls on RP servers (and RP-PVP servers), you will have a massive ton more on a normal PVP server and this time unfortunately you won’t have GMs to back you up on it.

It’s 6:51 am on the west coast right now. . They have all been asleep.

Blues can’t post on what they don’t know. So Until Dev’s give them something to post on the matter, they aren’t going to address this issue.

The better question is, why haven’t the Dev’s addressed this?

1 Like

Yeah that is the problem with it for sure.

Odd. I would think that the 5.5k number of likes of Pintero’s thread would be considered more than a “handful”.

Why is she a troll again? Everything she said is correct, I have played in PvP realms before, and if you can find ONE guild that RPs at all, then you’re lucky.
RP and RPPVP are just a label put onto PVE and PVP realms respectively, its only use is to help RPers help find people who enjoy the same aspect of the game as them.

To be honest, your comment is the one who’s got a troll level argument. Now come forth and tell me how I am not a real RPer

1 Like

I know the naming policy is different and is (for the most part) effectively applied,I don’t know about trolls though.

It might seem like a small thing but it at least serves the purpose of not allowing people to take names like “Imaqtubercow”.

1 Like

Speaking of naming policies, I wonder if special characters will be (rightfully) forbidden in names.

No it’s not a great solution, it’s not a solution at all I fear… Like who wants to level a toon on an RP realm only to abandon it later when and if they release RP-PVP realms? It sounds like a huge waste of time which will lead to a subsequent lack of investment

Not even mentioning you will be probably months behind everyone else who got to start on launch day

How many people do you think are needed to have a healthy realm? According to user-made polls and posts on this same forum, I’d say we’ve got more than enough for one high pop RP-PVP realm

Yeah, I think this is the best way to do it. Launch the game with heavy monitoring and then release extra servers if they need to after the first week or so. I know this puts a lot of trust in Blizz to not screw it up, and that may be a fool’s errand, but from their position it makes sense to me.

I said it already but if you need me to say it again.

The OP isn’t interested in RP only that the Devs have not re-adressed the topic. The reply to my comment about RP happens shows this.

Using a hot topic as a means to feign outrage even though there is no interest in the topic. Yep, trolling.

Wait wut? You have always been able to use alt characters… I thought.

How would that be an indicator of level of interest in RPPVP realms?

Bumping any and all RPPVP posts. Folks it’s time to get serious about getting our server.

Emerald Dream guild rebuilding for classic with over 10 players re-subing for Classic

1 Like

Feign outrage? Trying to get heard under a justifiable concern is now called feigning outrage?
All I see is you coming forward with a no true Scotsman trying to dismiss the OP as not being interested in the very topic she is trying to adress.

1 Like

Fairly certain you couldn’t in vanilla.

I am trying to remember. I know I would complain when people wanted invites and had special characters. Will try to look it up. You got me curious now. . hehe

I don’t think there is a blue post about any server information or realm information … yet.

I’m guessing they’re waiting after all stress test are completed to make any official server type announcements