Still making us Pay for the clone? Stop trying to herd us into BC Stop it!

The point is that it’s the first time they’ve done it at all. It’s very possible they would have not done it anyway. I fully believe that Classic only realms won’t last long, as the only way to keep people playing on them in my opinion would be to start over from P1.

lmao, excellent response jimmirustler

Ohhhhh. you mean like the ones who private servers right? Those are not customers, nor really fans.

Also, you can go to Classic Era free.

Stop whining

And BTW, Way to be late to the party bro. I mean, really.

It is free, you can be in classic if you want, or TBC if you- you only have to pay if you want both. Since you don’t seem to want TBC, the paid aspect doesn’t involve you.

It’s garbage that they make you pay for both, but this is Blizz what do you expect.

It is- you’re already paying for a sub to access servers for a game they aren’t bringing out content for.

They also want clone fees and boost fees- this is all to make money, and unlike most communities that fight back against excessive monetization, this one openly embraces it as if they’re eager to part with everything they have.

Are you sure about that? They made it sound like your server (ie- Whitemane) turns into TBC WM, but I thought they were making just a few classic forever servers that’d have the considerably smaller group of players who want it.

If we have things like classic-WM it’s going to be dead, you’ll end up with 38 dead classic servers and maybe 1-2 semi living ones. They’d also be charging people to move to dead servers who’d then have to pay again to xfer- that might seem like good money, but I imagine a lot of players on dead classics will quit (so no more sub money), and they’ll end up having to pay to keep up 38 servers with next to nobody on them.

That’s not true. Our progress isn’t being deleted (with the exception of the Guilds, which I’m a little peeved about, especially since how that’s all going to work by the time Perma BC arrives with Guild Banks, but I digress). You have to choose where you want that progress to be via Perma Classic or Progression Servers (where the Guilds aren’t being erased, for some reason, also these Progression Servers will be known as BC, for now).

The only time you have to pay for anything is cloning the progress for BOTH Server types (which I called this out, awhile ago). To have both progress in both places (which, I feel like you should in anything that’s being crossed over via Server Transfers, the Game Type, Appearance Changes, etc.).

I don’t see how but alright.

As one who plays on an RP Server, not everyone on RP Servers even…well…RPs :woman_shrugging:

It’s about money.

Ofc, they will.

I go back and forth on this.

They are :thinking:

I’m “freshing” (as much as I can) in BC. I’m only Cloning one character (my “main”, from Classic). Nonetheless, I’m “freshing” these Era type servers and keeping all progress, that I’ve done in certain Era types, in their respective Eras.

Do not waste your time with the warlock, him and his bros sit in his moms basement passing the J. trolling on the forums for there entertainment… again do not engage

How is paying for the clone trying to herd people into BC? You can choose to stay in vanilla forever, making the clone free would actually cause more people on the fence to try BC, so what exactly is the issue?

Also, PS: Blizz has NEVER said or hinted that everyone would be guildless in the Vanilla forever servers or that guilds would be wiped. I’m not sure what you’re upset about.

You’re free to go to the classic era servers with the 5 other crazies, lol.

It’s obvious why there is a cost to clone. Without some cost everyone would clone all their alts. Then there would be thousands of dead characters on every classic server that are never played and it would be extremely difficult for blizzard to figure out how many servers to make to have a sufficient population for a playable MMO. I have no intention of paying to clone any alts, all I’ll have time to play are my BC alts. But if it were free I’d clone all my alts just in case. So would the vast majority of players.

2 Likes

And how do you propose Bobby will get his third Private island?

Your progress isnt going anywhere. Its moving on to BC along with all current servers, just as it was in 2007. Believe it or not, blizz is doing you a favor by letting you copy characters to classic only realms. The option to keep your character in the past is something they have never offered, and why private servers existed in the first place. Unless you’d rather be forced to reroll on fresh classic servers again. Its pay money, play BC, or start fresh. the choice is yours.

The level of ignorance and arrogance is unbelievable. You do realize that this whole cloning option is a NEVER BEFORE seen option. Blizzard could have easily treated this like any other expansion and just moved every server to TBC, that is what happened in 2007 and every expansion thereafter.

This is unprecidented that Blizzard even created the option to choose to stay on the old expansion.

As an additonal bonus they are even giving you the new option to have a copy on both servers and not only are you ungreatful for this, you complain because they want to charge a nominal fee to cover the costs of setting all this up?

Yet another unhinged rant… Blizzard is doing some pretty clever and creative things to allow folks to either stay in Classic or move on to TBC. Charging for the choice to do both only makes sense.

You can choose to stay in Classic only, or move to TBC only. Neither will cost you anything. It’s doing both that’ll cost ya.

Tell that to the hundreds of people doing the grind right now for titles.

1 Like

No it isn’t.

The majority of players want to continue progressing into the next era, a minority do not. If you don’t know who you want to play with, then pony up the clone money and keep up with both sets.

Or choose one and stick with it.

I don’t really care, but that’s just how the Classic experience is going to go, so make plans.

1 Like

Why wouldn’t you want to play tbc… legit classic content gets old really fast

1 Like

You are correct

1 Like

You’re essentially correct TC. There is one simple fact most people are forgetting here when they disagree with you.

Originaly Classic was to be a ‘museum’, heavily backed by the ‘no changers’. TBC wasn’t even a possibility at the time and was largely tentative on classics success. Funny enough, blizzard seems to have forgotten this fact and thinks charging people to play classic forever makes sense. When no such price tag was ever going to be added had they forgone TBC as an option.

You always had to pay to play classic. Nothing is changing about that including the price, in fact now the same fee will include classic, TBC Classic and retail.

This would be amazing and I am for both but I doubt Blizzard will :frowning: