Still making us Pay for the clone? Stop trying to herd us into BC Stop it!

Thank you. Lol… I am screaming this in my head reading some of these posts.

Will the classic clones be on the bfa client. I believe we are all playing on draenor client

Blizz pls give us developer blogs to see what is going on behind the scenes.

If it would help fight bots…

You have the choice of either one at no additional charge. If you want to play both then you pay.

It sounds like you’re just hard up for cash and need a hand. If so why didn’t you just ask?

The answer will be no but it would be funny.

2 Likes

ignore the beta

Why? Cause only streamers got into it?

No. Just choose to be in Classic Era and not BC. If you don’t want to be “herded” into BC then you don’t need to care about the paid cloning service.

I’m not advocating for Classic servers to have the TBC pre-patch, so not really sure where that’s coming from.

I do not like the idea that there is a snapshot, nor that characters can be cloned. The way that I understand it, they likely made the decision to do things this way, partially to deal with gold.

However, personally, I’d much prefer a solution where there are no clones, and one could roll a new WoW Classic character, say a year from now, then upgrade that character to TBC Classic at any time they wished. I realize they have decided not to do things that way.

1 Like

No sir, No sir, No sir. You have one opportunity to move a character to TBC and that is it. There are reasons not to remotely allow this kind of thing and one of them has to do with the fact that there are Items and PvP ranks that become impossible to get once you go to TBC and I would hate to see people who worked hard to get them have them de-valued because you could just go start on a classic server, get the rank or item and then choose to move over the TBC whenever you wanted.

Oh, I realize that this is not how they are doing things. I’m simply stating my own preference.

They are relatively valueless in TBC anyway. I don’t personally find this to be a good argument as to why they have chosen to do things the way they have.

I suspect (and of course, I could well be wrong) that they chose to take a snapshot and allow for clones mostly to deal with game gold.

But anyway, I actually really, really, really hate the way they have decided to implement a snapshot and clones.

Making it free would be a nice gesture for the players who want to still play vanilla from time to time, but in reality, guilds are still going to be shattered/gutted, because most people are going to be spending most of their time playing TBC. They may still have a toon in a vanilla guild, but they probably won’t be playing it much. And I’d guess that those not willing to pay for it wouldn’t be playing vanilla much at all, so it probably wouldn’t help the Classic Era situation much.

The Classic Era servers are all going to have to be merged, IMO, because otherwise they will be ghost towns. And most guilds are going to have to reform/merge, or they won’t have enough active players to do guild things like raid. But when the dust settles, there should be some healthy new communities and guilds full of vanilla enthusiasts to play with. It just that most of them won’t be the players you played with before, so you’ll have to make some new friends.

The paid clone thing is hogwash, seems like a cash grab to me. Why not let people clone their characters for free for some grace period after the server launches, then if after that period they want to charge, fine

This is literally the first time they’ve let you create an exact copy of your character on a permanent realm. The fact it exists at all instead of forcing players to decide is a good thing.

Im kind of confused on why were all going to our own servers. Every server is going to be a ghost town. Why are all the regional pvp servers not merged, regional pve servers, etc.

Basically set up for failure with a chance at eating some customer wallets.

Are they not creating several Classic-only realms and having you transfer to them? Did they say they were just making copies of the existing servers?

what they said is you get a free choice, to stay on classic forever server for free or go tbc for free, but you cant have the same character in both classic and tbc unless you pay to clone it

if you are on whitemane, you go to classic whitemane, etc. Each server today has their OWN classic era and their OWN tbc era.

I was hoping all the classic era clones would be on a single server to conserve/preserve the community, for longevity.

maybe I misunderstood, but I thought people would have the choice to EITHER move to TBC OR stay classic for FREE - but to make a clone and do BOTH would incur a cost?

2 Likes

I am extremely confident that some of the classic servers will be merged post TBC launch…

I am also confident TBC will have some fresh servers available (hopefully without cash shop or boosts for those of us requesting such servers)

I feel the argument of

This is literally the first time they’ve let you create an exact copy of your character on a permanent realm. The fact it exists at all instead of forcing players to decide is a good thing.

is a little off point, when would it have been relevant for this to happen in the past? Would it really be that hard for them to offer a free clone for some grace period?

Well that is stupid. If they’re not on the same servers then that doesn’t make sense. There’s no way there’ll be enough players.

The last I heard was they were making Classic only realms, and I assumed that meant only a few.