Still Hunter Torghast powers feel bad

I know a lot of people brought this up before, I always brushed it off and felt like ok whatever. With new torghast objectives to get 5 stars, the mount and everything there is now more renewed goals to do better in Torghast.
In order to get 5 stars you should not take any Elite powers.
I compare our class to Shamans, Monks or Druids their DPS in Torghast gets to crazy levels however Hunter powers at most are just Meh.

• Your haste is %3 more
  • Your mastery is increased by %3
  • As MM you are going to do %25 more melee damage!
  • I am in a group with tank, I don’t need pet, your pet is going eat food and do more damage!
  • I am on floor 6, looting phantasma is going to give you a shield!
  • Disengage cooldown reduced by 4.0 sec.
  • …
3 Likes

Last night I had 2 choices that would increase X by Y% but I would lose the ability to Jump or Walk Backwards. I had to pick one…

3 Likes

I had 2 choices that were both Epic.

RIP that 5-star!

3 Likes

Venthyr hunter is actually kind of fun. Increased kill shot damage, longer flayed shots… Last night I had 30-40k crits without having to wait till the last little bit of health where it wouldn’t even matter.

it was HILARIOUS! Combined with the venth leggo, it was great.

1 Like

There just aren’t any great damage powers, particularly as MM, sooooo +Aimed Shot damage, +damage to market targets, +damage to recently trapped targets…yawn. I think I’ll be doing the new mount on my Shaman, just like I did with TC

I absolutely tore up a torghast one last night,

Got the epic kyrian power that deals arcane damage to those in arrow and the one that causes 100% crit with intimation and absolutely melted bosses.

10 sec boss fights and elite mobs make me feel alive.

1 Like

If you are going for 5 stars you cannot use that power!

1 Like

Incorrect. Not choosing epic powers is just another 10 pts, but you can still 5 star a run with epic powers. There are plenty of other bonuses to get there. 10 pts is actually minor when you can finish a run with 250 pts.

9 Likes

Good to know!
However I still compare the DPS with other classes, and hunters do not scale anywhere near the scaling other classes have, it sort of feels bad!

Ran a layer 12 with a group, 2 Shamans, 1 Warlock, Monk and a DH.
On the first two floors I was top DPS, Warlock and Monk started doing 20K DPS like on every pull, by the time we get to the last boss, the Shamans are making like 100K DPS and I am like, ha?!

5 Likes

Yes, MM powers are super boring.

Cant stand running Torghast on my hunter.

1 Like

The biggest difference I’ve noticed between Hunter powers and other classes is that the good Hunter powers only stack to two. The big damage powers for Shaman and Priest (the two other classes I play) stack to at least five.

There also seems to be far more trivial powers for Hunters than other classes. Like, how many powers do I need to make my tar trap bigger and slower? Those should be merged into one power. They also don’t really increase a Hunter’s power, because casters just stand there and nuke you. It makes it easier to kite melee mobs, but the lack of actual power means you just spend a long time grinding them down while they never catch you.

The ones that increase pet damage are kinda cool. The problem with picking those is that on the last boss they don’t exist. Like where’s the mawrats? Where’s the urns?? On the normal floors I can do serious damage with kill command and a bunch of pet buffs but then I take forever to kill the last boss.

1 Like

to bad this hardly pop up.

Our powers are a joke, most tanks if given the right combo do more damage than us. I have had 250k dps on the last boss with my warlock with worse gear. Do not get me started on shaman.

There needs to be an option to deny all choices

2 Likes

I ran Torghast Tuesday, out of 28 powers, 15 of them were trap and pet related as a MM hunter. The rest were cooldown reductions for the most part and one 50% increase to Aimed shot. Luckily the rest of my group got enough powers to carry us through to the Adamant Vaults, with the Druid doing 250K+ dps on the final boss, compared to my 17k, even the healer had better dps than me.

there will be…once you unlock the last row in the book…

Ooof.

Torghast is SUPER polarized for Hunters. Either we are GODS (looks at 3x Lens of Elchaver) or TOURISTS (looks at 3x tar trap radius and a melee buff).

95% of the time, it’s the latter.

The Torghast powers for hunters definitely don’t scale particularly well. I’ve run with many groups where myself and another hunter were toward the bottom of the meters which were being topped by other dps and even healers and tanks!

Venthyr is really fun. Increase kill shot damage, flayed shot is longer. Was hitting 80k kill shots. Bosses die in about 11 seconds if the RNG gods smile on me

2 Likes