Stealth ability doesn’t feel stealthy because of Spy

People that say this just don’t get it and you probably have never played a rogue past level 40 to make a comment like this. If you end game a rogue and especially if you pvp you know there is an “art” to quickly popping into stealth at the last minute to get try and cover as much ground ASAP (stealth esp3cislly in a non sub spec is pretty damn slow). Popping into stealth st the last minute can also surprise an opponent and there are other pvp reasons as well. It’s strategy. Spy BREAKS this “art” and it’s a core mechanic of the rogue clsss.

Stop defending this class breaking add on because you’re bad st the game and likely can’t beat a rogue unless you use a cheating add on.

1 Like

This functionality got annhilated. Now it can’t even count players in front of your face without mouseover.

Well, yeah. You’re replying to a post made before the change…
Also, it’s still 20 yards outside cast range.

Nope.

I’ve played a rogue and a druid in retail for years. I’ve used spy since wod. It lets you know that there’s a rogue or druid in stealth somewhere nearby. That’s all.

The only reason you’re defending breaking this game mechanic is that you want ganking to be even easier.

Then tell me, why was I defending it? You generalize and assume allot in your comments…

I was responding to the paladin above, who is upset and feels his class was suddenly broken by the addon after 15 years of use.

The addon wasn’t in use for 15 years, this addon wasn’t even always around. The addons this one’s based around were buggy, laggy, and unused by the mass majority of the playerbase. It’s in this thread a few times over, but a pain to find in nearly 1.4k comments.

I have heard it was around since vanilla. Perhaps that was incorrect.

But I have used it since wod as a rogue and a druid.

it has been around since vanilla it just didnt spread till much later in wows life. most people used the detached combat log which is functionally the same.

Here is the one (of them) that I was using:
Radar 1.00
by Awen

Thanks: Quendari for his TargetLog which inspired me to develop Radar
http://iceup.cable.nu/stasis/forums/show/20.page

Radar is a enemy detection system. It monitors the combat log and list any active players around you in a window. It is designed for PVP so you have good idea of the number and the classes you encountered in a combat. It only detect hostile players.

Features:

• Color coded. Red means the enemy has been active in the past 30 seconds. Light red means the enemy has been active in the past 60 seconds. Gray means the enemy is dead or hasnt been active in past 5 minutes.
  • Click to select. Clicking the enemy in the window will have you select the enemy as your target.
  • Mouseover detection. Detect the enemy when you mouse over them.
  • Class detection. Detect the class from skills they use in the combat log.

Change Log

2005.06.22 version 1.0

Note: Blizzard has broken the target API since then.

Spell Alert, CombatSentryGizmo were two.

Same situation there.

Most people being the elite pvpers. No one else needed it, or especially didn’t even know about it. We were still learning about the base game back then. Most people weren’t editing their combat log and detatching it to get spell information unless they were really serious about it, or they were gathering information for comparing raids and the like.

sigh blind go back to pve you can to back and dig though peopls pvp videos from back then and see we all played with detached. yea the pve’ers did not … its why ganking your is so easy. but a large chunk of the community did know about detaching and filtering the combat log it was not some small group.

I’ve seen people doing it, I’m stating it’s not nearly as common as people thought it was.
Also, back to PvE? In this thread itself I’ve stated many times I’m a PvP main. Wish these forums weren’t so full of people who assume and insult to make themselves out to look better than everyone else.

Lots of people were struggling with Rag’… And he’s not even a challenge for the playerbase anymore because why? Everyone has the information they didn’t know back then.

It’s allot easier to reflect and say, “I knew all about that!” than it was to actually know every in and out in the game when it was brand new. Allot of people didn’t even play an MMO before, and those that did came off games like EverQuest. Still nowhere near the same as WoW.

Oh, and the PvEers used the information and shared it online. They didn’t stare at it like the PvPers did.

yea boss mechanics is not the same thing as a pvp gank though see your trying to stretch the truth here. how many people actually saw rags back in the day like what 1% .5%? going to a raid was not a thing the community did. being ganked though that was a daily event and the life of players on pvp servers. STOP TRYING TO USE PVE TO LIE ABOUT PVP.

Yeah, and they defended themselves like the average Joe does today that doesn’t have Spy. They res’ and find’m and kill them.
According to you everyone was a pro…

Lmao, not once did I do that. Quote me. I clearly stated the differences between the two…

Hell, even Blizz said people weren’t editing their combat logs; did they not? It’s how the justified this change from the 400 yard diameter to the 100 yard diameter it is today…

which they did by detaching their combat log, because it was the wild west of addons back then and news about spy didn’t spread.

ty for saying that…

because here you using a pve boss fight to say that players didn’t know things back then… ty for hanging yourself on your own lie.

first of we have videos from back then were you can see and i know players have linked them in spy arguments before showing vanilla wow with detached combat logs… but go ahead and link blizz saying this i could use a laugh. or are you lying again?

Sure they did. Everyone and their mother edited their combat log, increased the distance, detatched it, and then watched it while fishing, farming, questing, etc.

No problem, bud.

You don’t say? You’re telling me if the majority of players don’t know about one thing, they might not know about another? Well damn.

Well yeah, I can pull up some good players in PvP back in the day for you too.

Here’s one. SHRUNK, as it should’ve been.