Stealth ability doesn’t feel stealthy because of Spy

/spy config
After that go to Data Management, then share data to other Spy users. Also you can select to use data from other Spy users.
Wasn’t active by default, probably another reason I don’t get them.

We have already established how that is not viable.

to people who say “spy only pick date from combat logs” how is that it alert me if any horde is just passing nearby? and that enemy did nothing but running on mount?

Yep.

It picks up information if the enemy is in your camera viewing distance.

So, even if they are behind you and away from where you are facing (but in your camera view distance) it will pick them up for you and alert you. It literally plays the game for you.

1 Like

I’m a mage and I completely agree. The spy add on does not sit well with me at all

2 Likes

ITT: A bunch of bad players that are salty rogues ganked them over and over are saying a crutch addon is ok to help them being bad.

because that is something that pings in the logs

1 Like

I don’t think that’s it. I think it syncs with the game files of who you visibly see. So if your in-game camera detects someone, so does Spy.

Combat log - Rogue disappeared.
Feign Death - The player is supposed to figure this out for RP purposes.

Like I said, it was an oversight by blizzard to include stealth in the combat log.

That’s not an oversight, when someone visible becomes invisible due to an ability it makes sense that it is tracked. Feign Death is designed to specifically avoid this. Imagine addons telling you that the hunter has Feigned Death lol. You don’t have to be 200 IQ to realize a rogue disappearing has used stealth.

I think the baddies are the ones who need it. How does horde knowing im in the area make me a baddie? Completely ruins the point of a pvp server.

2 Likes

Spy would be considered cheating in basically any other game, on a functionality level it is, it’s only saving grace is Blizzard’s shallow go ahead.

2 Likes

Today on Azuregos we knew exactly how many horde were on the other side of the bridge. We should not have that information. You can make strategic moves with that info. We were able to flank them because we knew how many were out there. If its a huge pvp battle knowing numbers changes things. We shouldn’t know.

PLEASE BREAK THIS ADD ON BLIZZARD! I have the add on because everyone else does. I don’t want to not have an advantage. I completely just roam around waiting to here the sound notification to tell me if someone is near by. I don’t look around like I am hunting. This add on is way too overpowered

Most definitely, it fundamentally changes PvP in so many game-breaking ways. Not just hurting rogues.

Spy can’t be banned. The API it uses is used by hundreds of addons. I don’t know how many times people have to repeat this.

The main defense for the spy addon seems to be combat log but combat log doesnt say coords

Exactly. And it also catches people who are just mounting by or next to you not even doing anything.

1 Like

Then goodbye addons.