Stay In Your Lane

An addon being combat or non-combat is completely irrelevant to the potential an addon has to damage the game. If that wasn’t the case, then Noob Blocker, WQGF, Realm Hop etc, would still exist to this day.

The issue with TSM is 3 fold:

1. It allows a capability advantage over playing the AH far and above what other AH addons provide. It has very advanced capabilities compared to any other AH addon.

2. TSM has a RMT paid component that basically destroys server BMAH’s. Ever wonder why Bruto’s will always go for gold cap now (if they actually would ever pop up on one lmao), even on a dead server? TSM is the reason.

3. The final issue is as you say, bots. TSM in the hands of 24/7 STV in CT camping bots completely dominate many trade markets in WoW. That is a significant negative impact on the game. IDK how many times I have to tell Blizz, just park a couple GM’s at the STV AH, 1 in normal time and 1in CT and wave that ban hammer around like it’s 1999 and you’ll see that suddenly the AH’s across many servers would significantly change.

Well ive pugged 20s with no comms and done 15 pugs with comms both went fine.

If a tank or dps doesnt know what they are doing i will mark so the dungeon gets done. Or i use it to call out what im gonna interrupt.

If im just dpsing idc who’s put out the marks unless the tank tells us to focus One. Otherwise id assume its just a week aura. Its not confusing

I think leaving was an over reaction

As a tank, you dont take priority where damage goes. As a tank, you rely on your DAMAGE to do damage. Stay in your own lane. You left because you had a power trip, who cares if someone is marking targets aslong as the dungeon is being cleared at an optimal pace, and the trash is dying, and being interrupted.

Get over yourself.

You’re there to know the route, interrupt, and cc where needed.

Apparently Blizz disagrees with your opinion

That’s a huge leap for PUGs.

Many of the folks I run with casually don’t know the basic mechanics of the instances themselves (like Normal and Heroic level stuff), let alone the target priorities.

I’m working on training up a team that will know those things, but it’s a new guild and a new community (both) and we’re still building numbers.

I play around the clock pretty much (disabled and no demands on my time), so if I want to get in, I have to pug at least 3 members.

For now they do, yes. But the same could have been said for those other addons I mentioned. Until suddenly…poof. Or it could simply be they are either ignorant of its impact. Blizz reaction time is notoriously slow and can even take years.

It really does matter in higher level keys. You have to coordinate interrupts or it will be a wipe.

Its very easy at the beginning of a dungeon to just say I’ll grab star interrupts if the rogue can grab moons.

As far as the WA to be honest in low keys its not needed but than neither is a kill priority so it doesn’t effect anything at all.

I disagree a dungeon is a coordinated effort. DPS and Heals that run a lot of pugs can help you avoid many many problems that they have run into by giving advise. Yes some of it is bad (I tend not to do many skips because pugs always mess it up) but at the same time its good to listen to because it may help you out. I found a better path in Halls this week because a healer suggested it and we tried it.

Furthermore who is to say that they don’t primarily tank. On this toon I sign up for tank or heals and fill whatever is needed. I don’t rearrange my WA or addons to suit a role.

I’ll leave it with one last thing and that is that most people are not annoyed by it. Many beginner tanks love having some of the responsibility lifted from their shoulders and others ask for the WA link as its a lot easier than manually marking targets.

I’ve been running the WA or versions of it since legion in all roles and have never once had anyone ask me to turn it off and I’ve run a lot of pug M+ runs.

Not that I’ve seen. Anything below a 7 is so easy that people blow through them. The 8-11 ish range can get pretty bad but its not because they don’t kill the correct things, its because they don’t interrupt and stand in as many mechanics as possible. This is the range that you have to learn how to play better to overcome.

But even here being good at your class/role and knowing what to do yourself can time a key. That is how I pushed this toon to +15’s in a week at 251 gear.

WQGF affected servers, according to Blizz
Noob Blocker exists as https://www.curseforge.com/wow/addons/groupfinderflags :laughing:

TSM has been around since 2010, actually before that since TSM is an upgrade of the devs previous addons. I’m sure Blizz is well aware of the addon and what it does, it’s not like it’s Noob Blocker that a handful of people know about, TSM is very popular.

Personally I’m looking forward to how the AH looks in 10.0 with the region wide change :laughing:

It doesn’t matter who marks them as long as the result is the same. The problem here is that the marks were wrong.

In every group,
Skull = Primary dangerous/kill target
X cross = secondary kill target (not “do not kill,” yes I know it’s confusing)
Moon = Apply sleeper CC like sheep or imprison.

1 Like

Yes that’s exactly my point. It was in response to the assumption that an addon “needs” to be combat based to warrant being banned when that clearly isn’t the case as far as Blizz is concerned.

I am aware of group finder flags. It is no where near the level noob blocker was. Noob blocker automated declining players. It automatically came with default settings that e.g. would auto-decline anyone from an SA server. All group finder flags does is place an origin flag on a character applying. It’s no where near as impactful as noob blocker was.

imagine complaining about automarking addon that helps players in dungeon w/ finding priority kick adds. And think this is 1 of those areas where it’s right to rage quit on a run.

:person_facepalming:

Simply mark the WA as only loaded when your role is Tank.

I’ve actually asked the WA author to do just that by default (I found one of these - no idea if there are more out there).

These aren’t coordinated runs.

The WA is configurable and runnable by multiple members of the party.

“Coordinated” is not how I’d describe the result.

If a tank ASKS for help with it or is told help is forthcoming and doesn’t say “no” - that’s absolutely fine.

But this isn’t that.

This is Heals and DPS chaotically marking crap with no idea (I think) that they’re even doing it.

That’s just confusing, not helpful.

Yep, loop holes are nice aren’t they :smiley: It doesn’t automate now it just lets you know not to invite them.
Kind of like sticking your finger in someones face and saying “I’m not touching you” :rofl:

If you mean doing something automatically vs manually is a loop hole than I guess? But addons doing things in an automated fashion have always had the potential to cause far bigger issues in WoW than addons that require manual input. See; the entire multi-boxing drama, fishing bot addons etc.

Absolutely, since the effect is the same.

I swear on my pug runs

Skull = last to die

X = 1st to die

Moon = lets put every dot available in game so that you can never cc this

:face_with_raised_eyebrow:

1 Like

“Help” is a judgmental word here.

At the point where I was asking them to stop marking targets, literally every target in sight was marked.

Marking EVERYTHING as a priority isn’t helpful.

I understand that in a coordinated situtation where everyone understands what the marks mean and there is voice comms to help with calling out kick responsibilities, this thing would be useful.

I’m not suggesting it be banned.

I’m suggesting that it be controlled a bit better by the people using it who apparently don’t know what it does or that they’re even running it.

Just because TSM can do things better than other add-ons doesn’t mean it needs banned. It sounds more like the other add-ons need to git gud.

TSM Premium isn’t providing in-game services for money. It’s not RMT.

Bots don’t need add-ons anyways. If TSM were to disappear itself today, a bot author would have their bots back to botting by tomorrow.

:rofl:! It seems that way!

1 Like

Not really. As I said, an addon that has the capacity to do things automatically and in an automated fashion are always gonna have a far bigger impact on the game than an addon that does the exact same thing but requires manual input for every action. Why do you think Blizz blew multi-boxers out of the water by enforcing the “1 input, 1 action, 1 result” rule?