Stay away from Jom Gabbar

Not sure what the Alliance side is like, but Horde is filled with racist, bigoted, nasty people. You think you can avoid it, but it spills into every aspect of the game on this server. Whether it be general, trade, looking for group, /party, or /say . . . it’s everywhere.

Now, I know that probably more than half the people on this forum enjoy this kind of toxic racist BS, but for those are you that dont . . . then pick something else.

I’m leaving my lvl 20 behind and going somewhere else. If Alliance side isn’t filled w/ the same garbage let me know and I’ll give it a try.

20 Likes

iv been on jom gabbar horde since the start and have literally never run into ANY of what you mentioned

47 Likes

Then you are blind. And from the research I’ve done, I’m finding some of these guild are old pvt server usuals who have a reputation for this garbage.

I’ve decided to go ally and farm them.

8 Likes

On Jom Gabbar I have a lvl 26 lock so far. I guess I kinda noticed the barrens chat and maybe a few other things, but like for the most part the dungeon groups are going well. partying up for quests also not really an issue.

On Shadowstrike I have like a lvl 8 or 9 druid night elf, and the community feels a little more light hearted and searching for adventure. I noticed a murlock themed guild recruiting. Good thing is I haven’t died yet on the druid so soul of iron baby.

I’m sorry that that has been your experience.

That sort of behavior isn’t unique to one server or one faction.

I’ve found that I’m happiest if I just report those involved in that sort of behavior and then place them on my ignore list.

Farming them would be cathartic, however.

11 Likes

Amen! I’ve also found it to be very satisfying to report such players and move on with my adventures.

4 Likes

Shadowstrike seems like a good server. I enjoyed the little leveling that I did there. In fact, I was shocked how friendly people were. Helping w/ quests, being polite, inviting to not steal quest objectives, etc.

You’re right, but trust me. Jom side Horde is this ramped up to ELEVEN. It’s off the charts, and there are far more guilds that amplify and encourage this lame behavior. As you said it’ll be cathartic , and I’m looking forward to KOS these guilds.

5 Likes

One this happens on every server. 2. Yes you are going to solo farm private server guilds I guess

Nope. Found a guild on Ally who hates them as much as me. I’ll have some help.

5 Likes

The title sounds like the name of a horror movie. Now I want to play there, but I’m not sure which faction.

1 Like

lol so your experience is fact but mine is make believe? okay bud

5 Likes

I thought it was called good manners.

2 Likes

I heard the same thing and I have friends who refused to roll on Jom over it. I also heard the Discord is the same way.

All the best with whatever you do next.

1 Like

You won’t be farming anyone, Jom horde guilds are actually good at pvp, mix of good EU guilds on jom, and Payo is on horde attracts some trolls, but what you described is literally on every single server and faction lol.

Maybe learn to use the ignore or report function and move on.

Jom horde will be doing the farming btw. lol

1 Like

It’s obvious all the tbc tourists are on Jom because they’re over the top gun shy about population and server transfers, hence the desperation to all flood one server. The same crowd is retail players using classic as the latest expansion for content, further poisoning the playerbase that sees Jom as an attractive server.

You couldn’t pay me to play on Jom because how much I prefer a real playerbase that isn’t here to tryhard and min max the games fun away. Very happy on my non Jom server.

7 Likes

From the BGs I’ve done, the only people I’ve had to ignore are from Jom. Couple of people that just sounded like spergy 13 year olds unable to comprehend how pick up groups are not top tier min maxing venues.

1 Like

Things have changed my friend. And it’s very sad. I’ve also noticed Blizzard games (especially WoW and Diablo) really seem to attract these types of people, and I do not know why. It’s really just a shame.

You are delusional. There is no culture war going on, and it’s more than obvious where you get these weird ideas. I know exactly what garbage you’re reading online, and what channels you’re watching on TV just by the way you describe things.

You’re in a bubble.

5 Likes

As mentioned even on reddit. If you are NA, roll on JoM. It will the server that will survive to the end. Rest are already medium population. Or do whatever and pay 25$ or quit in a couple weeks.

People actually “hurt” by what people post on the internet always surprise me.

6 Likes

It’s not tbc tourist, it’s legit the top guilds from whitemane and faerlina that rolled on jom, and there is no such thing as tbc tourist lol, 90% of the people on tbc came from classic vanilla in 2019…

No one on jom are retail players you have no idea what you are talking about, 90% of jom came from private servers and are Vanilla OG sweaty players.

1 Like

You watch too much MSNBC xDDD

12 Likes