State of Beastmaster Hunter

Arcane blast arcane orb touch of magi arcane missiles evocate… and it’s a caster and therefore has to position. The other 2 are melee.

BM Hunter: 3 button spamming, no casts whatsoever and therefore full dps even on hectic encounters, and ranged…

1 Like

Now you’re just being disingenuous. If you’re going to include Arcane spells with cooldowns, you need to do the same with BM.

Barbed Shot, Cobra Shot, Kill Command, Multi-Shot, Kill Shot, Bestial Wrath, and Aspect of the Wild. On top of that, you have to micro manage pets, and time frenzy stacks to keep them as high as possible.

The funny thing is, you talk about movement, but you play a Marks Hunter. You have one spell that you have to stand still for and that’s Aimed Shot. Pretending that somehow makes Marks a difficult spec to play is laughable.

7 Likes

Except they are part of the normal rotation. Who cares if there’s a cd. Arcane orb is 20s cd, so is rapid fire. Do you think rapid fire isn’t part of MM core rotation?

I haven’t actually named any real cd spells for arcane, that’s just how many spells they use in their NORMAL rotation. This is unlike bm where you seemed to need to pad in multishot to make it look like its a complex spec.

I never said MM was difficult in fact I’ll say it: MM is the second easiest spec I’ve ever played. You have a serious problem with admitting that your favorite class or spec is easy to play, as if it’s an insult or something.

Try some pvp, it’s pretty good there.

You perhaps need to learn to read. Where did I say it wasn’t easy to play? I straight up said BM is easy to play. My contention is that it’s not the easiest spec in the game. I’ve played most of the specs in the game and have yet to find one I would consider difficult - just different levels of easy.

I don’t want Blizzard to just buff BM as it is. I want them to add mechanics to the spec that reward higher skill with more DPS. The spec is boring and that sucks. I’ve already moved on to other classes, but that hurts because I’ve done so much on my Hunter that I would have to redo on another main. I would rather they just fix the damn spec.

2 Likes

Google easiest wow dps spec. The results speak for themselves.

Literally the first thing that comes up…

“By far the easiest rotation is Arcane Mage.”

LOL

Look up easiest spec to play in Shadowlands. Just looking up easiest dps spec gives a ton of results from BfA, when BM had the overwhelming advantage of Azerite traits making the rotation beyond easy. If you want to argue BM was the easiest spec in the game in BfA, I would agree with that. Mostly because not having to time Barbed Shot for Frenzy stacks made the spec almost auto pilot.

The overwhelming consensus for SL is that Demon Hunter is the easiest spec to play with Havoc being the easiest spec in the game - hands down. Balance Druid, Fury Warriors, MM Hunter and Ret Paladin seem to round out the top five. After that, we have BM - which is still easy, but requires paying a slight bit more attention to maximize the spec than the others listed.

1 Like

And then you open that reddit thread and the top answer is bm hunter

LOL. Should’ve read the actual content.

I googled easiest shadowlands dps spec. The number one answer I got was havoc dh, then bm hunter. But since havoc is a melee and has to deal with melee mechanics, that leaves bm as the practical choice.

It’s funny how I see people posting threads how braindead bm is on these forums, but not for any other spec.

You must not being paying attention. Before they fixed the double dipping bug with Marks, it was nothing but gripes about how brain dead Marks was for the amount of damage they put out.

The vast majority of “brain dead” posts I see about BM are from MM Hunters desperately wanting to keep their top spot among Hunter specs.

In the end, it’s all subjective. You have your opinions about what specs are easiest and which specs need attention from the Devs and I’ll have mine.

3 Likes

Here we go again. You’re obviously insecure about this. For whatever reason. Aside from the fact that the first “braindead” thread I see on this forum is from a warlock, you once again decide to rail on MM which has absolutely nothing to do with this thread. In fact the reason why you bring up MM at all is because the guy you’re talking to plays MM. So basically you’re attacking the guy you’re talking to because you can’t properly defend your own arguments.

I started in the thread by arguing that being an “easy” spec is not grounds for being at the very bottom of the tier list. There are specs that are easier or as easy as BM that do significantly more DPS, so that argument is flawed. You took it upon yourself to argue against my opinion for whatever reason. You split hairs and make disingenuous arguments with the seemingly sole intention of just insisting my opinion is wrong. An opinion that is entirely subjective. So, I’m not entirely sure what your point is through all of this. Is it your opinion that BM should not receive any attention and should stay at the bottom? If so, why?

And where are you sensing this insecurity? Or are you just trying to say things you think will bother me? It’s pretty simple… I’ve played a Hunter since the game launched. Over those many years, I have accumulated a lot of things that I would like to keep. By switching mains, I lose access to a good number of them, so I would rather stick with Hunter. Therefore, arguing that the spec I prefer gets some attention seems like a perfectly reasonable response. Why are you so bothered by that?

5 Likes

I’m sensing this insecurity based on the fact that you attacked MM for the third time now despite MM not being the topic of discussion at all. If you were actually confident about your stance you wouldn’t be dragging your opponent’s spec down with you. But the reality is: you are, and to make matters worse you essentially ditched defending BM halfway through this due to the overwhelming evidence saying that I just might be right about bm being the single easiest spec.

And you’re right, it’s all an opinion and therefore subjective, but unfortunately opinions can be popular or unpopular. And bm being the easiest spec in the game is a pretty popular opinion. And for the record, mentioning multishot doesn’t make bm sound more complex. It only makes your comment about disingenuity ironic.

You’re delusional. You’re reading between lines that aren’t there. Where did I attack MM? I mentioned it, because YOU claimed most of the comments in the forums are about how easy BM is, but that’s simply not true. You are so desperate to not be wrong, you’re just making stuff up at this point.

When you write stuff like this, you are not defending bm, you are just dragging mm with you. And secondly, I never said most forum comments are about how easy bm is, I said how most forum comments that talk about easiest specs mention bm.

If you REALLY want me to, I will open a thread in general discussion asking what dps spec is the easiest, if you want to find out the hard way.

You just keep moving the goalpost. First you say BM is the easiest spec in the game. I show that it’s clearly DH. You move the goalpost to BM is the easiest range spec in the game.

I argue Arcane Mage is the easiest range spec in the game, so you give a rotation list that includes an ability with a 45 second cooldown and another with a 3 min cooldown, but omit Bestial Wrath and Aspect of the Wild from the BM rotation and argue against Multi-Shot. Still not sure why you argued against Multi-Shot, but whatever. You move the goalpost again, claiming BM is easier because they can do their full rotation while moving.

You can get as many people as you want to say whatever they want. The consensus is already clear that Demon Hunter is the easiest spec in the game. End of story. Why does this mean so much to you? Do you absolutely think BM needs no attention at all? Or is the purpose of your entire argument just to insist I’m wrong about a completely subjective topic? You seem pretty sensitive about this. Maybe you just need to take a nap.

2 Likes

Sorry bud I never moved the goalposts. BM is the easiest ranged spec and the easiest overall spec in the game. Period. DH rotation on a dummy may be easier but it’s melee and therefore by default it’s harder because it has to constantly move out of attack range.

No goalposts moved here buddy.

Keep telling yourself that. Take a nap.

In the end, I’m just here to express my opinion. You don’t have to agree with my opinion. You’re here to try to convince me to change my opinion. Why?

Actually what am I doing, we can get a very good idea what is easy to play based on warcraftlogs. Taking the difference between the top 25% and bottom 25% is enough to show just how hard a spec is really to play. The bigger the difference, the harder a class generally is. This will show how easy or hard it is to fall behind and underperform vs. overperforming

https://www.warcraftlogs.com/zone/statistics/26#

BM hunter: 13.84
MM hunter: 14.16
Havoc dh: 14.34
Fury warrior: 15.63
Ret pally: 16.11
Arcane mage: 18.69

I think this is all of the specs we were talking about yes? Oh look guess who’s dead last. It’s BM hunter. This means that the difference between a bad and good bm hunter is the least noticable among all the specs. Which means the spec is that easy to play. Coincidentally I thought MM was the second easiest spec and guess what I hit the jackpot once again as MM is the second lowest difference. The fact that arcane mage has the biggest gap between the top and bottom 25% means it is EASY to mess up your rotation. In other words, this spec is actually much harder than you think it is.

That is not at all how that data is interpreted, but good try. There are too many variables to arrive at the conclusion you did from that data. The most obvious is that you’re comparing the best Mythic Castle Nathria raiders to the worst, while ignoring the fact that the vast majority of them are good enough to do Mythic raiding.

Not sure why you’re spending so much time on this. My opinion is my own. IN MY EXPERIENCE, there are several classes that have been easier to play than BM. If you disagree, that’s fine. I don’t care.