Starting Bottleneck is almost unplayable :(

This.

There is no way… and I mean NO way, to deal with this issue. There is going to be more people playing than Vanilla settings can handle.

Layering is being used to split up people into "multiverses’ of the same server in order to deal with long login queues and place about 3000 people per layer pairs.

At launch Vanilla had approximately 300,000 players that could potentially log on. That is all the hard copies of the game that were created and sold.

There will be many times that this time around. How many? 3 million? 5 million? We will find out soon enough… but a LOT more than 300,000.

Having participated in a “fresh start private server launch”… It was a blast… yeah it sucked fighting so hard for tags… but it sucked for everyone.

Then you had those people that left the starting areas to party up for higher level mobs… and those that did the exploration leveling technique.

Those that stay online longer will eventually get ahead of those that give up and go to bed. In a day or so tings will naturally spread out.

Launch night is going to suck and there is NOTHING you can do to avoid it except maybe the exploration technique.

1 Like

I just plan to log in a couple hours after servers open. No rush, no fuss

sounds like a 100% authentic vanilla WoW experience to me

1 Like

it’s not, never were there 1000 players, or even 500 in a starting zone at any launch.

1 Like

If you are going to start playing the moment release hits my advice would be to grab a warr and some brand of healer and just grind mobs till you can hide in deadmines.

Layering, You think you do, but you dont!

1 Like

Interesting post.

And yes, OP the bottleneck was quite awful :frowning:

yeah, my server had 0 people on the first few days of launch because the overcrowding in a few zones killed the whole server

1 Like

Truth or sarcasm?

The bottlenecks were there for stress test 1, and 2. And now the beta 30-40. IT has forced a lot of people into SM rather than compete for quest mobs because everything is packed.

The bottleneck questing problem is even extending out past starting zones and creating an entirely new meta on the beta, which is forcing people to grind mobs and dungeons. It’s impacting the vanilla feel and experience.

This seems to be getting more grim.

Don’t be ridiculous. People are grinding dungeons because they are at level cap and have nothing better to do.

Perhaps it’s just me but on the stress test, even at the beginning I didn’t have many problems. I had to resort to grinding over questing but I still was one of first level 10s on the server (even Esfand thought I was fast xD)

They’re grinding dungeons because it’s more efficient and lucrative than leveling but you must have skilled players with good gear.

Some streamers may be grinding dungeons to avoid PvP.

Holy crap, a streamer took note of you?

But what about the bottleneck? It seems many people have noticed this too. It will drive people away who could have become members of the community.

This beta is bizarre and not the real thing. There will be no bottleneck after day one or two because the population will be spread out. The beta had everyone at 30 for weeks and then they all come out of the shoot again to get to 40. That is not how it will be when it goes live.

2 Likes

A bottleneck implies that there was more elbow room prior to it. The release glut is vanilla like and you should just deal with it or wait to begin till it subsides.

Let’s just hope the layering is HELLA amazeballs when Classic launches. We’re going to need it, for a smoother experience. Here’s to hoping.

If a little adversity drives people away, it isn’t likely they would level to 60 in Classic anyway. It won’t be any mystery as to why things are balled up for a time. People will be talking in chat constantly about it. New players will understand that things are expected to thin out and normalize after the crowd clears. We don’t have to worry about them or treat them like babies.

3 Likes