Starter edition

Hello there…
recently started to play the starter edition. Reach level 20. Add 30 days of game time. My order status is completed but restrictions are still in. Already passed 48 hours since the purchase.
I tried resetting the game, password, and everything stated on the support section.
Searching in the forum it appears that this issue doesn’t take more than 24 hours.

What can i do?

Quick question. Have you been able to level above 20?

Due to the time frame and you sayi g order status says competed you might need to put in a ticket. Especially if you can level.

If you cannot level, there may have actually been an issue with the purchase

Nope, can’t level.
The purchase has already been charged in mi credit count

When this question comes up in this forum, about 75% of the time it’s that the level restrictions have been lifted but the other starter restrictions (mostly communicatoins and gold-making) haven’t because it hasn’t been long enough. Usually 24 hours is “long enough”.

The majority of the rest of the time, the game time purchase didn’t succeed but the player was unaware.

Your case… is interesting. You say the 30-day game time purchase was successful and that it’s been more than 24 hours, and that you can’t even level yet.

That last point tells me the game time purchase isn’t applied correctly.

Some things to check for:

• I don’t know how you concluded that your “order status is completed”. If you didn’t confirm that fact on your transaction history status page, your conclusion may be mistaken.
  • Some times, players apply purchases to the “wrong” WoW account. Either they had a second WoW account they didn’t even know they had (because they’re easy to create accidentally) or they knew about the second account but accidentally selected the “wrong” one to apply the services to. You may wish to check that.

Those are the two outlying circumstances I can picture that would explain your situation. In particular, if you’re only using your credit card or bank transaction history to verify transaction success, be aware that what looks like a purchase is often actually a quantity pre-qualification, where the merchant asks the account “please set aside this much for a purchase coming later.” If that’s what you see, no purchase occured at that point. The only status you should trust is the Blizzard transaction history.

If it isn’t either of those, you may need to open a Billing ticket for “Purchase Failure”.

1 Like

The transaction status is completed since yesterday (re-checked the history status page a lot of times)
The purchase was ordered to the correct WoW account

I will see how it goes with that Billing ticket…

2 Likes

Was the game time from a Game Time Code, Dostoiewsky? I can see you recently upgraded the account with the Battle for Azeroth expansion, but I’m not seeing any game time.

Just for clarification, most expansions do not include game time as part of the upgrade. It simply unlocks that expansions content for active users. If you didn’t have a separate game time code you’ll want to either set up a subscription or purchase game time through the shop.

5 Likes

Totally my mistake. I think the expansion comes along with game time.
A rookie mistake… thanks for the fast support

3 Likes

Glad to help! The Shadowlands expansion is the first one that we’ve added a version that does include game time with it. I’m sure that won’t be confusing at all. :smiley:

3 Likes