Starsurge buffing Starfire makes no sense

So you starsurge a mob and get aggro, it attacks you and you are suppose to pull off a 3.5 sec cast with it beating on you? lets hope it crits…

2 Likes

You start with a Wrath + Starsurge giving you quite a few buffs. The goal is that one of them will crit, but even if it doesn’t, fire 2 Wraths and they SHOULD crit. If you’re specc’ed right, your Starfire should have a 1.7 cast(1.5 cast if you have 5/5 Imp Starfire). Otherwise, you need to respec.

1 Like

Wrath, starsurge, roots, run away starfire?

Well maybe at 40 but at 29 it’s useless. I think it would make more sense for starfire to buff starsurge, at least for leveling.

Depending on how you spec you’ll be able to start seeing that combo payoff at lv 30. Even if you put 3/5 into Imp Starfire like I have it at the moment. You’ll need Natures Grace to make full benefit of Starfire.

Most combos feel more complete the high level you are which is normal.

Imp Starfire: .1 cast reduction per rank (Max of .5)
Nature’s Grace: Crits from all spells reduce next spell cast by .5
Eclipse Buff: Reduces Cast time of Starfire by 1 Second.

A total of 2 seconds reduced. Which should make Starfire at the least a 1.5 spellcast.

Feels weird that Dreamstate rune gives a 20% damage buff, which both starsurge and starfire take 0 benefit from.

2 Likes

Indeed. It makes Wrath much more enticing to cast in quick succession. I wish it added some sort of added damage to Arcane. You are slinging 1 second wraths that can hit about 375 (at lv 36 where I am).

alas as a simple resto druid, I slop out 200 wraths. Resto’s still fun to heal when I game with friends, but it feels kinda sucky atm to try and quest or solo anything. It’s why I think they shoulda solely gutted starsurge in pvp, and leave pve alone.

1 Like

Depending on how spicy things get and what you’re healing, I’ve just swapped healing runes as a boomkin and just sling wrath while i heal.

Which is nice since the rune that makes it free allows you to dps if its chill. And you can proc an instant cast heal. (Names elude me atm)

Definitely some variety in how you can play either at least.

oh yeah the wrath rune has been permanently engraved into my gear since I got it!

I’m 29 and in shimmering flats atm, I cant even kill a 32 scorpion, chain resists everything til I go oom…I mean wth is this crap? Starsurge was the only good thing we had, you can’t afford stand there and cast 3 second spells to have them resisted…

1 Like

Buddy, generally killing enemy’s 4 levels higher isn’t a good idea unless you have lots of spell hit and mitigation in case they hit you.

Unless you are a Priest or a Hunter, you might wanna stick to killing enemies your level.

3 Likes

Why troll? I don’t get it. Literally every other class has no issue with it. They made is incredibly hard to quest as a boomkin now. You clearly don’t play one then why comment. It sucks to quest as a boomkin now. Those are just facts.

1 Like

You know, that actually makes a lot of sense. Fixes both the PvE and PvP problem.

1 Like

I never debated the fact that it is harder now, I just gave them a tip, because mobs more than 3 levels higher will generally chain resist you. Without mitigation or passive healing it will be long and arduous process that will end up with you being OOM or dead.

1 Like

Is the pushback resistance from Eclipse working yet?

Yes, but it’s not 100% so it still routinely feels bad while out trying to solo. Especially with some bad RNG.

Aggrend just said on twitter though that more changes are on the way. They expect to fix the double dip Starsurge has right now on crit from Eclipse so expect a 30% crit chance reduction for Starsurge, but they have other buffs on the way to fix things allegedly.

It appears to be working fine. It’s 70% and it’s only for Wrath and Starfire. That’s it. It doesn’t prevent pushback on any other spell.

I had no issues this morning.

I have had no issues. If you have multiple attackers it might be spicy, but for the most part you’re casting spells so quickly the 30% chance for pushback is almost impossible.

I never even attempt to kill mobs 4 levels higher and 3 levels only when i have no choice (because boomies can’t kill mobs 4 lvl’s higher) they need to tweak mob resists for all casters not just boomies.

my goodness, even more nerfs?

Hopefully they buff something