Star Wars Ep 9 is worse than 8, 1 and 2

The irony was I enjoyed that movie quite a lot, not quite as much as Rogue One but was still decent.

1 Like

Yep. I was like “why did reviewers trash this movie” Sure it is not top notch but it is not bad either. It is quite enjoyable.

Because reviewers these days only vote yes to things that support a far leftist/feminazi communist agenda that’s why. There was none of that in the Solo movie as Solo wasn’t a female protagonist

2 Likes

This is sadly also true. Too many political correctness ruining the creative processes of shows. Instead of just focusing to make a very good story, writers and studios now wants to insert stuff, even forcibly, to make the “quota” lolz.

I enjoyed all the star wars movies for different reasons (with the exception of the last jedi). Rise was my favorite of the new trilogy by far. Though of all the newer generation (post prequels), Rogue One takes the cake as not only a great star wars movie, but a fantastic film in general.

I can understand the reservations on Rise, however. It definitely had many flaws (pacing being one of the biggest). To be fair though it really felt like Rian Johnson didn’t leave J.J. many options on what he could do with it. I think he made it the best he could, it just fell flat because with a proper trilogy, it could have been a million times better.

Disney should have NEVER allowed different directors for a trilogy, especially a trilogy like star wars. And if they insisted on different directors, then they should have had a clear plan in mind. Instead of what we got was a good beginning, a confusing pointless middle, leading to a weak ending.

People hate on the prequels, but the prequels had something that the new trilogy was greatly lacking, consistency. Without that, the films made virtually zero sense as a trilogy. Force Awakens and Rise worked together but there was the HUGE hole in the middle. THe Last Jedi was an OK film, it was just a trash star wars film and didn’t click well with the other two movies in the trilogy AT ALL.

I do love star wars and will always love star wars as it is by far my favorite series with the exception of LotR. I hope for the best from here on out and the Mandalorian has definitely been a HUGE strong point in a disney ran star wars. Build on that strength. Maybe we will get a better trilogy with the Old Republic (at least I hope), but we shall see.

Star Wars is overrated anyway

solo had pretty bad acting
I couldnt stand daenerys’ acting, it was painful, same for the guy playing solo

(seriously, I didnt finish the movie)

Screw you ya freakin’ kneeler!

1 Like

That video won’t load in my country so sorry

Someone subscribes to r/freefolk.

No, but it certainly felt like it was missing something.

Only reason I liked episode 1 was because of the dual-saber. Which they never used again.

1 Like

Just looked at the second Death Star’s Explosion: The reactor Explosion is shown coming out of the Death Star’s openings when the ships fly out then the Death Star looks like normal before flashing followed by a Blue Explosion identical to the Emperor’s on the laser dish(probably the Emperor dying) followed by the area around the Death Star igniting instantly!

Seems the Emperor’s death(by being thrown into the center of the laser dish no less) caused the massive explosion that caused the wreck we see in Episode 9. As for what was detonated: who knows. It’s not like there wasn’t matter to ignite surrounding the Death Star as the Deflector Shield was made of some sort of matter.

Well. It looks like it won’t surpass Rogue one or the last Jedi money wise.

I think they needed to do Episode 9 to cater to their fans, it was just unacceptable that the girl was so powerful in Episode 7/8 to a lot of people but they fixed all that by making her a Palpatine.

That, to me, is all of Star Wars summed up. None of these films are terribly good, they’re just good enough to be mildly enjoyable. Yes, even the prequels.

He survived based on pure fanboyism.

Palpatine being brought back was easily the worst part of ROS. Which is unfortunate considering the entire movie is centered on that.

Did we not watch the same movie? There was an entire Droid character completely made just to appease that crowd.

After the Death Star Reactor Exploded the Millennium Falcon flew out of the Explosion itself and shortly after the Death Star started flashing while a Dark Side Explosion(same appearance as the one that Palpatine created) appeared on the Laser Dish followed by the whole area around the Death Star igniting in a massive Explosion.

Palpatine it appears died somewhere in the center of the Laser Dish(the shaft clearly swerved a lot) and finished what the Reactor Explosion started: He blew up the Death Star.

Him leaving behind a body(the exact condition being a mystery since we only see his face and hands)) after blowing up his own battle station is less ridiculous than the battle station leaving behind a wreckage despite the explosion enveloping the Space Station(fortunately the center of the Laser Dish where the explosion started was still vaporized as one would expect).

Yeah but that is really the fault of TLJ for not leaving anything to actually work with.