Stalagg or Herod?

If you are fearful then probably try herod.

Stalaggs for the fearless.

4 Likes

Stallag! Laggers unite!

3 Likes

Same except I saw it on reddit like 6 minutes before :joy:. Got very lucky

Every server is going to be full come launch day… the penny pinchers and people who still think they have to buy a copy of the game havent made their characters yet. Remember back in the day each server cap was 3k… and if all 3k of those players were on… the world was very populated. Stress test 3 the other day had 45k on a single server. Either way there will be plenty of players for each server.

10 Likes

if the Reddit survey is an accurate sample of the interested player base then the Number of players will double on launch as ~50+% do not have an active sub and thus likely have not subbed just to reserve a name.

Herod que on launch 10K+ with 4hr+ waits to get in. count on it :smiley:

1 Like

I would not worry about Stalagg being low population. Lets look at the server list. Herod and Whitemane are still full. FULL meaning long lines as it stands, and worse if people continue to go there. You already have many high population realms. The rest are medium. This is 3 DAYS after name reservation with 11 days till launch.

Every single server on that list will be high and or full at launch. The only real question for me is how many of them are just tourists vs long term players

On 8/26, when I log in for the first time, it’ll be on Herod.

If there’s a quick 5 minute queue, no problem.

If there’s a 30+ minute queue, I switch over to Stalagg and never look back.

I think we’ll know on Day 1. So, wait and see. Make your decision on what will probably be the busiest day of this game’s life.

10 Likes

Same here. Was literally just thinking about doing the same thing xD
If the queue for Herod is too bonkers, then I will go with Stalagg. I was able to get the name I wanted on Stalagg anyway so that’s a plus.

:rofl:
That moment when he realize it’s launch and you ll be spending half the day trying to log on any of the servers…

30min. hahahahaha

6 Likes

Whichever has the shortest queue, wins.

Once I get in, I’ll play for like 5 hours straight and I’ll stick to that.

2 Likes

If you’re Alliance, go Herod. We’re slightly Horde-leaning, and all it will take are just a few more Alliance guilds to put us close to 50:50.

8 Likes

During vanilla/BC times I took a free transfer off a high pop realm to a new realm and wound up on a dead server

Who said Herod will have a good community?

Some say the Herod community will be toxic, moreso than the streamer server.

2 Likes

I think most of my guildmates made toons on Stalagg last night but we still have our names reserved on Herod.

1 Like

Dude, there are so few realms at this point that every realm will have more than enough people.

Think about it, with layering, a “low” pop server is probably at least 10k people spread across layers. When layering is removed, that’s one hell of a server, even if 25% or more drop off.

If there were 25 servers, I’d get it, but with the limited number, plus the use of layering, every realm is going to be well off.

6 Likes

It’s wow and the outrage culture. Every server will have it’s level of toxicity. If you don’t want toxicity your best bet are the RP servers, and even those will have it (generally at a much lower level).

1 Like

Go to the one with higher pop imo. On the day of release a lot of the people coming in will be tourists. Which means a dead realm.

I think most of us believe that both Stalagg and Herod will be full with a queue at launch.

ALSO, keep in mind that layering goes away in Phase 2 of Classic WoW.

This means that where servers may have 40-45k+ players on it in Phase 1, Phase will remove layering and drop the server population cap to 4-7k (whatever the server cap will be). There will be MASSIVE queues on EVERY server.

That all being said, Stalagg will probably be the most balanced in experience whereas Herod will be the large server with probably bigger names in the classic wow scene and probably have a lot more trolls at the same time.

1 Like

I think queue times are gonna be a thing for a lot of servers.

I’m predicting all servers are unplayable from the start for a few hours due to Ddos attacks (like every launch), which will give a lot more people time to get home from work. Now you have a ton more people all trying to queue at once.

1 Like