Overcrowded Realm Update

Hell yeah!

Thanks very much for the informative update and the great news of your dedication to preserving community cohesion, terrific!

Alright, so this is less than ideal. But honestly… This isn’t the time to fall apart. I’m sure there will be free server transfers available from Herod to Stalagg very shortly after launch.

This is an inconvenience, not a crisis. Act like adults and handle the minor issue. Christ, if you can’t handle this I don’t know how you’re going to handle your raid leaders.

Edit: meant to post on my main. Stupid mobile.

Incoming Alexensual rant/ cry.

Most of the population is going to be happy because WE GOT VANILLA FINALLY AND WE’RE PROVING THEM WRONG

WE DON’T THINK WE DO
WE KNOW WE DO

2 Likes

Irony…just pure irony. rofl

My only concern is that Blizzard will overcompensate for WoW Classic’s popularity and add more and more servers to the detriment of its long-term health. A large pool of realms will thin out all of the realms a few years from now as the game’s popularity stabilizes. And, to fill in the gaps, we will have cross-realm once again, which was one of the major aspects that killed realm community. Look at how trigger-happy WildStar was at launch: they tripled their server count to compensate launch popularity only to merge them all in one horrible mess a year later. And, one of the core reasons why many people are excited about playing Vanilla again is because of community. Just don’t be too trigger happy about adding new realms. At Blizzcon, you guys stated that you would keep the realm pool small for this reason. I hope you follow through.

1 Like

No.

This would have the opposite effect. It would cause more and severe imbalances.

2 Likes

I made toons on Herod and Stalagg.

10K queue?

Heck no. Stalagg, here I come!

I think it’s best to wait and see. Even me logging into my RP realm for a few days won’t be perfect. The initial launch for Herod and even other full realms will be insane. There is way too much hype. After the first week only primetime will have queues, IMO

Incorrect.
Your character, “dfhsbxhzjs” , would be transferred, retaining the name.

1 Like

Has anyone deciphered this word salad? Are the caps on the realms higher than they were in 2006? Or are they refusing to raise them? Man this was really worded unfortunately for something I expect we ALL would love to know the answer to.

In Phase 2, will realm caps for online players be higher than they were in 2006 or not. Getting an answer now could save the devs from us spamming this during the AMA.

Perfect. Best line for me. I’m glad you’re all thinking far ahead with how cautiously you opening up new realms. You have my full support of that. Go Classic team!

3 Likes

I played on an RP server in Cata, and it was some of the most fun I had in game.

I ultimately left to play with RL friends, but I’m super excited for Grobbulus!

Though I’m probably going Alliance this time around :slight_smile:

I assume this applies to retail sever estimates as well?

The use of the words “any further” makes it clear he’s saying the realms are using the 2019 cap and are not going to get even higher than that.

1 Like

the Herod realm is looking to be massively overpopulated.

That’s no server. That’s a cyber space station.

2 Likes

Ah yeah you’re right

1 Like

Real servers have curves…

They should have just locked Herod when they hit the original cap.

They could have always unlocked it if the pop dropped later on.

I know splitting up friends stinks, but people who want this old-school MMORPG style just can’t accept technological limits.