Stabling Pets Problems

I just struggled to finish the Hati restoration quests in “Battle for Azeroth” and it required me to stable one of my active pets. However the one I chose to stable ended up being my active pet (what?!) instead even though she is in the stable. Now I can’t unactive her and get back the pet I want.

Also the entire series of quests for this Hati restoration were confusing and frustrating. I have been playing WoW since the beta and I have never seen such a poorly explained quest series. To have it topped off by messing up my pets this way is unacceptable.

You need to fix this please.

There’s also a bug with hunter pets in general concerning dismissing your active hunter pet.

the following happen after you dismiss your active pet.

• if you mount then dismount your pet is automatically re-summoned
  • if you hearth using any stone your pet is re-summoned after arriving
  • if you transition from 1 instance to another that requires a loading screen
  • your pet will also randomly re-summon itself if you enter combat

all of these instances of this bug is rather annoying. If this isn’t a bug then why do we have a dismiss pet ability in our spell-book.

In my Opinion if I want to run around without my pet(s) summoned while on my random mount, it’s my choice upon which when I want my pet re-summoned.
Also while I’m running around on my random mount, without my pet summoned, an I run indoors such as an Inn or the bank, I don’t want my pet re-summoned for me, these areas of the game are cluttered enough, they don’t need pets getting in the way of interacting with NPC’s.

1 Like

Also to note this issue affects mage summoned water elementals as well. to add the issue not only affects the warlock pets or the hunter pets.

It’s rather annoying when you enter a small inside structure, an you have your pet dismissed, you enter the structure, which is tight to begin with, then your pet(s) get automatically re-summoned once your dismounted it makes interacting with things like NPC’s an objects hard when your pet(s) are in the way.

An don’t get me started about places like AH’s or banks an the new portal rooms where people tend to congregate. SW portal room not so much but the horde equivalent is much smaller then the alliance portal room

Just as an update to this issue. I received an answer to my ticket regarding this issue. The GM assured me that this issue has been passed on to the dev team for investigation and possible fixes.

The GM also encourages others that have this same issue to submit in-game bug reports with as much detail as possible. to help give the dev team as much information as possible. tho I did direct link this forum post in my ticket directly to my first post #2 as a direct source to the current issue I’m personally having. I’ll encourage other players to also post there issues and submit reports in-game hopefully with enough reports this will get fixed soon.

1 Like

Thank you so much for following this up Sëliciä. The fact that there has not been an outcry from the hunter/mage/warlock community regarding this issue leads me to believe that only a minority are experiencing the bug. That could potentially mean that we may not see a fix anytime soon which is very unfortunate.

well in the case of most hunters an mages an warlocks, most leave there pets out all the time anyway. there are very few considerate players, such as myself, who take the time to limit the amount of visual clutter within the game, which helps with the ongoing lag issues we all experience within heavily populated areas of the game. not to mention by keeping pets at bay by putting them away while not engaging in active combat situations helps keep them out of the way of others from interacting with the environment such as NPC’s, small items on floors, etc…

This is why I took some time while doing the Hati questline I passed on this BUG issue an asked others to help with addressing the issue as well as asking them to submit a bug report. sure this isn’t the only bug in the game an most certainly not the only hunter bug, but it is 1 of the most noticeable. you can see some of the other BUG’s I’ve noticed with hunters here in my post below

Thanks, appreciate it. For me personally, the issue is that when I am doing world quests, I dismiss my pet, I mount up and go directly to the boss or the mobs that I need and then I Feign Death to de-agro any mobs that I have picked up on the way (I am always using leather barding so I don’t get dazed). Now I can’t do that since my pets are automatically summoned when I dismount/feign death and agro whatever mob’s following me.

Yeah I have also had this issue as I tend to do the same thing. not that I’m lazy, it’s just the simple fact I just don’t need to waste time fighting my way to complete a trivial objective that if the trash weren’t in the way only takes 30 seconds to a minute to complete. with the trash it takes 5 to 10 minutes if you take the time to fight your way up to the objective. an what makes this worse is even if you dis-mount, let your pet(s) auto summon, an then play dead with your pet(s) then finally feign death. play dead is bugged so is feign death, which means the trash still maintain their agro on you forcing you to deal with them, or die trying.

1 Like