SSD just for WoW

Thank you both for the help. dl wow onto it now. :slight_smile:

Yea

10/char

The NVME drive should be your boot drive and the drive with your games on it, at least the ones you play a lot, like WoW.

So if that’s big enough, that is your greatest storage speed available.

Never used an SSD until 2017. I was wonder why I was stuck in the loading screen, only to realized my hard drive was worn out.

You can actually run it from a thumb drive, if you wanted to suffer through the slow loading times.

If you have USB 3/3.1, you can run things from an external SSD and it should be OK. Won’t be the best, but it’ll be fine.

Here’s what I did:
I had a 250gb drive in my laptop. Everything else was ‘gaming’, but the drive was tiny. I bought a Samsung M2 drive to replace the one that was in the laptop and got an enclosure to put the drive in so I could use Samsung’s software to make a dupe of the drive in the laptop. No go. The software can’t see the drive in most enclosures. Something about how M2 drives work. I had purchased multiple enclosures. So I bought a regular SSD since the laptop had an SSD spot as well as the M2 spot. Used the Samsung software to dupe the 250 M2 to the 1TB SSD, then removed the 250 M2, put the 1TB M2 in there and duped the 1TB SSD to the 1TB M2 drive. I eventually had a laptop with a 1TB M2 drive.

I put the 1TB SSD into my old PC, reformatted it, put Windows on it and gave it to my daughter to game on and it’s happily chunking away at Fallout 4.

There’s no point to this, other than sometimes it takes a while to do what you want. Also, I don’t think it makes sense to have any sort of brand loyalty at all, but that Samsung drive duplication software works. It was fast and there were no hiccups at all. It just duplicated the drives and they just booted up in the laptop.

I have one SSD for my other stuff/Windows and one SSD dedicated to just World of Warcraft.