SPY is against TOS. Why are people not getting banned?

good lord, if it auto targeted that would be freaking mess in like Booty bay

6 Likes

Er, you can not /tar what is not seen.
Since Spy announces that your combat log is showing Player Bob just cast stealth, and since Bob has of course become one of the unseen when your combat log shows this, how exactly are you going to /tar Bob when Bob is no longer /Targetable?

I get that people dont like spy, but all you do is ruin your case entirely when you hype incorrect info.

48 Likes

./end this post. lol’d hard.

4 Likes

Because we’re all a bunch of cheating cheaters and who have vowed to kill every rogue.

3 Likes

Is it?

Source please.

7 Likes

We already have a mega thread on Spy:

3 Likes

Details do the same, please before posting think twice and save the embarassement.

6 Likes

You talking to me?

Hey another person who doesn’t understand how add ons work.

21 Likes

Spy has not been around since vanilla, stop saying that.

Spy also is not against TOS, Blizzard allows like every addon unless its a bot.

2 Likes

[/quote]
You talking to me?
[/quote]

Is that you, De Niro?

Ugh, I still can’t figure out this new forum🙄

pretty sure i’m not talking to a random lvl 17 undead rogue who can’t barely get rival

:roll_eyes:

Asked 'cause that post pinged my notifications. Which I have set to only responding to me.

Curious why your nonsense pinged me.

It doesnt target them for you, u have to click their name, it doesnt automate anything, its a modification to the ui to display relevant data it doesnt kick spells for you.

7 Likes

blizzard GM’s decide what violates the ToS and they have clearly decided Spy doesn’t.

8 Likes

Spy creates a player list of nearby opposing faction similar to battleground target addons.

I get the use of a bg addon, but honestly if you need that stuff in the world what are you trying to prove?

The game honestly isn’t hard enough to require that much automation. WPvP should be more about player awareness rather than who can read a list of character names auto generated for them.

The whole reason retail is what it is today is because of players wanting everything easier for themselves, and now we are proving Blizzard right by doing the exact same thing in classic.

7 Likes

It automates searching the combat log and generating a list.
If it didn’t automate anything it wouldn’t be an addon lol. It runs processes in the background as you play, automatically. It’s not even like you have to click a button to run a query.

So yes, it does perform an automated process.

6 Likes

It’s not against the TOS as is no more than any other add-on. If it did auto target and cast one of your insta cast spells to break stealth then that would be a problem (cool but a problem haha).

3 Likes

It can be set to automatically broadcast to party, raid or guild, and mess the reporting of hostiles and putting marks on a map.

2 Likes

as do 100+ other addons

1 Like