Spy Classic Addon needs to go

thought that as soon as i heard it, break it up

It was called Paranoia Enemy Alert.

By bald assertion only, and mostly lies such as:

The addon doesn’t target Stealth players.

This is why the complaints about the addon being “cheating” are completely unfounded. Most of the whines revolve around functions the addon doesn’t do, or functions people just weren’t aware within the base game, usually both.

People are just very silly.

2 Likes

Start at about 2:07

I’ve killed dozens of rogues because I know they just stealthed somewhere within combat logs radius. So even though I’m wrecking people and it’s fun, it really is game breaking certain classes.

It reads and parses the combat log, should that be removed also?

1 Like

It does it faster and with sounds.

LOL okay?

All of this is basic combat log parsing…

2 Likes

I guess if you have to cheat, might as well use it. If its just basic log parsing then why is it even made? Also does your log voice alert and message you in the middle of your screen?

Not a cheat, but lie if it makes you feel better.

/shrug

then why use it? Does it not give advantage by alerting you to the presence of another? Does it give you chance to escape where you would not have before? Just use your combat log if its the “same”

1 Like

The same reason I use Bartender instead of default action bars, I like customization and minimizing clutter. Spy streamlines Combat Log information for PvP the same way Details and DBM do for PvE.

You don’t have to use it if you want to be a UI purist, but trying to elevate the problem to “cheating” and “unfair” is just throwing a hissy fit to get your way.

You’re arguing aesthetics but treating it like objective right vs wrong. /shrug

bartender is a utility add on that does not affect the actions of others. In pvp its a multiplayer game. That add on affects the actions of others by effectively neutering the stealth class. Just quit being bad and play honest. I understand though that cheaters are gonna cheat, and come up with any kind of excuse they can to do it. Lame.

Yes.

It does no such thing.

Whatever you need to tell yourself.

Watch the video

LOL compelling

The paid mod version puts an outline around stealthed people, and marks everyone on the minimap.

1 Like

This is the best addon in the game. It doesn’t need to go. Absolutely necessary for world pvp. The KoS list is so wonderful.

4 Likes

I remember prior to the release of Warmode in retail, the frequent complaint by diehard pvp players was that it took the danger out of the world, and that sense of danger and threat was what pvp was supposed to be all about.

It seems to me that this does more or less the same thing. It’s almost like turning off pvp because it tells you that there is danger nearby and you can act to avoid it - hearthing, running away, activating self defense, etc. Where is the threat of being ganked by a rogue when you can work around their most important attribute - the ability to sneak up on you?

A game example for me: I was on my level 25 warlock in Wetlands (pvp) when I got ganked by a level 28 rogue. Now, if I’d had this add on active it would have warned me and I’m presuming I would have time to dismiss my pet which gives me a substantial shield. I could then have hearthed away. But I don’t use it so I had to deal with pvp in a pvp way (in my case, after a second death, rezzing at the graveyard and hearthing home to heal up).

Personally I don’t care, because I only dabble in pvp, but I think in principle that it works against the spirit of true pvp and should probably be actioned by Blizzard.

:upside_down_face:

1 Like

If you pay for the premium bundle you’ll get automated messages sent to them later to tell those players how bad they are at playing their class too! I love it!