Springfur alpaca

I saw that in the automated system state that customer support doesn’t assist with obtaining the mount, but I’m not sure who else should I talk to.

I’m aware of that hotfix on 22 January, but I’ve just started doing the Alpaca It In seven days ago, if I’m not wrong I started checking my progress on day four, using the script:

/script print(GetQuestObjectiveInfo(58881, 0, false))

On day four I ran the script after completing the quest and it returned “4/7”, day five: “5/7”, day six: “6/7”

But today after I completed my 7th dailies, I didn’t get anything at all, checked my bag and collection, nothing. Went to other zone and check the mail, nothing either. So I ran the script again, it says “0/7”.

Can you help me check what went wrong? Please? Or if you couldn’t/wouldn’t help me please redirect me to someone who could.

um, what automated system?

Have tried submitting a ticket?
https://us.battle.net/support/en/help/contact/472/ticket

1 Like

The murloc that asked you to key-in your problem when you want to open a ticket, I typed “didn’t get alpaca” and it redirected me to the common issue section, saying customer support doesn’t assist with this mount issue.

Did you click the “categorize issue” under the box?

You don’t get the mount automatically. You have to speak with the Alpaca again.

Found this in the comments on WoWHead:

• “When you turn in the final 7th day quest, there will be no indication that you are eligible for the mount (unless you use a quest tracker or notice a yellow quest mark on your mini map). What you need to do is *talk to the Alpaca again in order to receive your mount .”
7 Likes

Huh… I’m pretty sure the yellow quest mark didn’t appear just now as I was in the party letting people join until it despawn… I’ll go back and do another camping for it to spawn now.

Update: Got it! Thank you so much!!

6 Likes

I know your issue is resolved (grats on the mount!), but for anyone else who may come across this thread with the same issue… the exclamation mark is fairly difficult to see, depending where the alpaca spawns. It’s a yellow exclamation mark against a pale desert background, and if there are no darker landmarks to offer contrast it’s super easy to miss.

5 Likes

I received my cute little Fella today. After I fed it the 7th greens I checked my bag for the mount icon. The icon was not there and then noted the yellow exclamation mark above the Friendly Alpaca, clicked for quest, completed and icon in my bag. So happy that is finally over and appreciative I received the mount. I will enjoy it.

4 Likes

Also, apparently you aren’t guaranteed to receive the mount after 7 days. It took me 11 days of feeding before I received mine.

I’m sure the OP probably isn’t monitoring this thread four months later for new info, especially since they indicated that they received the alpaca in their third or fourth post.

That being said, it’s incorrect info. If it took you eleven times to get it, then you probably tried a couple of times before they applied the fix that allows you to get credit in a raid group. Either that, or there was some UI or phasing issue - or something - that prevented you from earning quest completion (feeding) credit. It’s certainly not a design element.

I can’t locate any information that says you need to feed the alpaca “at least seven times but maybe as many as eleven or more.” You feed it seven times, then you complete the quest that pops after the seventh feed, and you get the mount.

:man_shrugging:

3 Likes