Spoilers: Winter Queen has a

Sister!

It’s a VA line from clicking on her too many times I assume but :eyes:

11 Likes

A sister huh? Interesting. I wonder if we will learn just who this vexing sister is.

2 Likes

That’s a great find! Good job man!

2 Likes

Great find! :smiley:

2 Likes

It sounds like her sister must be Sylvanas somehow, because Sylvanas is always the root of all things vexing. And that can only mean one thing…

The Winter Queen is Lirath Windrunner!

30 Likes

That’s exactly the twist Blizzard would deem Cool, exciting and metal!

4 Likes

heeeeeeeeeck yeah exactly the content we play this game for

3 Likes

Sounds like a future enemy to me.

1 Like

Honestly, my hope is that there’s a Summer Queen wandering around somewhere in the Emerald Dream. Really follow through on the Summer-Winter, Seelie-Unseelie Courts motifs.

27 Likes

Cenarius’s wife perhaps?

We never did get an explanation where his children came from :stuck_out_tongue:

1 Like

For maximum irony points she dresses in all warm colours and looks exactly the part but has a supremely dour, Dariaesque personality.

1 Like

To be fair that’s not irony, that’s rather on the nose given how the Winter Queen is fairly loving/motherly, prone to self-sacrifice, and aloof.

Summer Queen is thus likely spiteful, rude, uncaring, and in your face about it.

1 Like

I haven’t been on the beta. I just think it’d be funny to have the character be the polar opposite of her appearance.

3 Likes

So, Summer queen?

2 Likes

Well obviously she would have a sister, she’s based off of the unseely fae Queen

4 Likes

Considering Dryads are grown from acorns, I’m not sure Cenarius needs a partner, I think he just grew his children from plants.

2 Likes

It’d probably be for the best. The one time it’s speculated he did have a partner, the result was the magnataur.

I imagine he just sows his wild oats and his children just grow.

2 Likes

Ah but acorns are 2n chromosomes, which means it’s a fertilized ovule, ie acorns are basically plant eggs

So who is getting fertilized by Cenarius to produce the acorn :eyes:

This is my assumption, though I’m not sure the Summer Queen is in the Emerald Dream as we know it, otherwise I’m pretty sure the Night Elves, Cenarius, etc… would all know of her. Seems more plausible the Emerald Dream that we know is but a tiny insignificant fraction of a Plane of Life, similar to how the Shadowlands if the Plane of Death.