*Spoilers* Tyrande's fate in Shadowlands reconfirms the writers' open hatred towards the Night Elves

Tldr: They are killing Tyrande off right at the start of Shadowlands without having her achieve anything at all, which means they basically lied to us
Please leave a comment in this thread if you want to support it and keep it visible, maybe it helps to do anything against this treatment of the Night Elves

So in the Shadowlands intro experience, we all get thrown into the maw including some faction leaders. We then proceed to save everyone including Baine, Anduin, Thrall, jaina and more - besides Tyrande of course - and then successfully escape the maw leaving Tyrande behind.

We later learn that Tyrande’s fate is sealed, that she has to die because of her Night Warrior “powers” and that we should let her go as there’s no way to save her.

“Then her (Tyrande’s) fate is sealed, my condolences but you must let her go, for your sake as well as her’s”

“My apologies Shandris, it is not easy for me to speak of the night warrior”

“The ritual cost us our lives”

So this is what came out of the writers’ promise that Tyrande is going to be featured in Shadowlands, nice. Thank you so much!

Not only did the Night Elves lose their home, most of their land (they started BfA with 3 zones and ended up with 1 destroyed zone left as Ashenvale and Teldrassil are gone), almost their entire population and their revenge / justice plot, they are also going to lose their leader now.
Tyrande has to die as a price to pay for the great revenge she got of killing 1 Val’kyr that was invented purely to die and had nothing to do with Teldrassil? She could barely even handle Nathanos even with Malfurion, so why would she have to die because of that now?
And instead of letting me save Tyrande, I’m going to have to save Anduin and Baine so they can forgive Sylvanas and Nathanos for what they did?
I’d rather have my character die with Tyrande than make peace with those 2, give me an option for that instead. I don’t care if my character gets permanently deleted after that.

And before anyone comes and says that Tyrande acted stupid: Tyrande isn’t real, the writers made her act stupid and weak just so they can find an excuse to kill her off. They want to redeem Nathanos and Sylvanas and that’s why they’re killing off Tyrande, that and the fact that they openly hate Night Elves and their fanbase.
Imagine that, being a hero for commiting mass genocide against innocents and sending them all to hell just because they were only Night Elves - thanks writing team, you are horrible. And killing off the only person that seeks justice against them immediately…

I’d rather die with Tyrande than being part of Anduin and Baine’s campaign of forgiving Sylvanas. It’s just sad that the writers can’t keep their emotions in check and write a neutral story, instead they force their Nathanos and Sylvanas power couple on us, make them unable to lose or pay for their crimes ever and instead kill of those that want justice (Tyrande) just because they hate the race she’s part of.
The logical and reasonable step would’ve been having Tyrande and the Night Elves get justice against Nathanos and Sylvanas and some rebuilding after BfA -instead they’re both being redeemed and Tyrande who wants justice is being killed off without achieving a single thing. The Night Elves also losing Ashenvale to the Horde after so many years is also really cool.

The only thing the Night Elves had left after BfA were their leaders, they lost literally everything else and now the writers went ahead and took that away too in Shadowlands after telling Night Elf fans that Tyrande would be featured in Shadowlands.
Actively destroying a race because you don’t like it and driving away its fanbase from the game is just unprofessional, nothing else.

Liars.

100 Likes

It’s pretty dumb. I will say the Horde has gotten far more screwed over in terms over losing leaders for no good reason - but it’s ridiculous to kill off Tyrande for even worse reasons.

The most I can hope for is that she becomes a major figure in the storyline since her death most likely means she’ll be a big part of what goes on in the Maw. Though yes, Night Elves have still never been more screwed over.

17 Likes

So Tyrande and Sylvannas will then join merge together to become some sort of life/death goddess and solves the life and death thingy that is happening.

10 Likes

Am I the only one who just finds it a tad bit funny Night Elf players act like they’re some oppressed minority and it’s not just a game they can switch characters at any time in?

64 Likes

Do you have proof that Tyrande dies? All I’ve seen are incomplete broadcast text.

36 Likes

She doesn’t die.

She loses her Night Warrior powers and becomes whole again. This is just more tumblr Night Elf players getting mad at more Night Elf lore being added to the game.

43 Likes

What was the point of making her a night warrior? This is game of thrones tier pointless.

36 Likes

This. Knowing Blizz they’re prolly setting up a questline where we get together and share the Night Warrior’s power to save her. Specially since the datamined text makes a definite point of mentioning that you can share said power.

11 Likes

BFA has given their general chosen race one hell of a shaft that has many rightfully unhappy. While I don’t like how some of the more zealous ones go about it, they do have the right of it.

9 Likes

It’s all assumptions, but I definitely think it makes sense that she will die. Especially since we’re in the expansion all about the afterlife and it gives Blizzard another convenient lore-relevant character to place into the Maw storyline.

2 Likes

I agree. That’s the real complaint these people should be making.

Ultimately the entire Night Warrior plot is gone quicker than it came. Serving no purpose at all other than I guess a cool cinematic in a lame expansion.

This is why Blizzards lore is a joke now. They can’t stick to anything. At least in the past they stuck to their lore and rules. But now they retcon and throw away stories like its nothing.

19 Likes

Exactly. My guess is that is how we save all the Nelf souls from the Maw. She obviously uses the Night Warrior power to escape the Maw since she and the player seem to be the only ones who can get out of it. It would make sense if we go back in, she shares the power with the souls, maybe even the other leaders and that’s how we get them out.

3 Likes

OP you’re really jumping to conclusions. Wait til the story is told

12 Likes

This is just not true.

To kill her and blame it on herself for the writers, I guess…

She’s not making it out of the maw and we seem to be killing the souls off instead of freeing them.

I waited until the story was told in BfA, then started complaining after 8.1 when they said “Tyrande got her revenge, that’s it. It’s all good now”

4 Likes

It serves the purpose of giving them a starting point to start expanding on Elune’s lore. But I do agree that it was very poorly done. It’s like they are pulling crap out of their backsides and don’t know what to do with it when they have it.

3 Likes

Except they said this will be expanded upon in Shadowlands.

You’re seriously picking at what is likely place holder text. Something Blizz has been known to use to prevent some of the more heavy spoilers.

4 Likes

There’s a higher chance of the story being altered now than later. Blizzard needs help with writing AND game design. They can’t be left to their own devices.

9 Likes

She does make it out because her story continues in Ardenweld.

6 Likes

Dying in the beginning of death-expansion is surely not the final result.

She’ll be reborn as Sephiroth or something

This isn’t our story to tell though.

2 Likes