(Spoilers) Teldrassil finale is absolutely awful!

Update: Added the part where Sylvanas got absolved of her crimes in the latest cinematic and Elune intentionally letting her people die

In 9.1:

• Tyrande first loses her last battle against Sylvanas
  • Then she loses her Night Warrior powers
  • The remaining Night Elf souls in the maw are entirely forgotten about
  • Then Tyrande tells us that there will be no justice, but instead we should focus renewal… but HOW?
  • Sylvanas gets redeemed and absolved of her crimes and everyone forgives her
  • Even Tyrande is set up to forgive her in the later chapter
  • Elune abandons Tyrande when she is about to kill Sylvanas because somehow their goddess prefers the one that inflicted this misery upon the night elves over her high priestess
  • (New) Elune intentionally let her people die to send them to Ardenweald… but instead they went to the maw where they were obliterated. So Elune basically helped the Horde, Sylvanas and the Jailer to destroy the Night Elves

So basically, it turned out to nothing. Tyrande became the Night Warrior and achieved nothing before she lost the powers again. She killed a Nathanos that was low hp and needed a free ride to the maw, yet still lost to Sylvanas in Ardenweald.
The Night Elves never got their lands back or a new home, and most of their souls are still in the maw or obliterated.

How can there be renewal for a race that has been genocided and obliterated from the universe? One that also has like no lands left besides a blighted and destroyed Darkshore? Not even Ashenvale is theirs anymore.

Blizz is now telling us that bringing Sylvanas to justice is wrong and Tyrande forgives her? Hello? This is absolutely awful, terrible and atrocious writing. An absolute disaster. This doesn’t make sense in ANY way at all.

Absolutely unbelievable, just retcon BfA already if you refuse to give us any resolution or positive moments. You promised us a resolution, you gave us more defeats and tragedies

Edit: If you support this thread, please leave a reply here to keep it visible. Maybe a change could be made? The writers shouldn’t have the only say about what happens to a playable race, and they shouldn’t be allowed to destroy it just like that with no resolution, rebuilding or justice at all.
Every comment helps, thanks! If you see that this thread isn’t at the top anymore, comment on it!

We need to try to keep this thread up for as long as possible!

285 Likes

Blizz hates Nelfs, like bad lmao. Soon we’ll have an expansion that straight up deletes them off the game.

Also the story has been a joke for a min so not surprised.

71 Likes

BfA already did that mostly.

And Shadowlands made sure that they never come back and that their souls are obliterated in the maw.

11 Likes

I’m confused.

The alliance won the war so the Night Elves definitely got their lands back.

And If you are Night fae, you save Night Elf souls from the maw

18 Likes

No, the Alliance won the Darkshore and Arathi warfront.

Ashenvale is a Horde zone lore wise, and Teldrassil is obviously permanently gone.

48 Likes

So, the Alliance won the 4th war but allowed the horde to maintain control of Ashenvale?

8 Likes

They didn’t win the war, just those 2 warfronts specifically.

The Horde did keep Ashenvale, there’s nothing that would suggest otherwise.

5 Likes

The remaining NE are scooping up the ashes of the fallen, so Queen Sylvanas can snort it later in her new bedroom at Stormwind next to Anduin.

66 Likes

I get a quest at least once a week from Ysera to save NE souls from the Maw. I wish there was an option to obliterate NE souls in the Maw instead.

15 Likes

Yo can we like, not spoil the next patch all over these forums every time Tyrande farts in said patch? I get you’re mad but, cmon this is like those jerks who spoil attack on titan on the very first episodes comments.

10 Likes

There doesn’t need to be an option since that’s what happens in the story anyway.

2 Likes

It’s not like we have a PTR forum where these topics can go!

1 Like

Yeah how dare she focus on the living instead of all the saved night elves in ardenweald. Boo rabble rabble

1 Like

There are like no living night elves left.

4 Likes

‘But Tyrande has the power of the Night Warrior now without any repercussions! It’s brilliant story telling!’

• People who defend this garbage.
23 Likes

Pretty sure I see a lot of NEs everywhere I go. I wish what you said was true, alas it’s not!

14 Likes

Basically that.

Her sacrifice did nothing and wasn’t a sacrifice either. It was a 2 year nothingburger.

The moral of the story is “don’t try to fix things.” Great job blizz.

23 Likes

Player characters? I’m obviously talking about NPCs that are, lore wise, all dead.

6 Likes

Blizzard? Terrible at writing?
'Tis likelier than thou mayst thinkest.

19 Likes

The only real place you saw a lot of NEs before was Teldrassil. All the NPC NEs that have been out in the world are still there, save perhaps Darkshore and Ashenvale.

Don’t act like they’ve been systematically wiped out.

7 Likes