* Spoilers* Sylvanas dialogue redemption?

I honestly can’t say what horde rp is like. I haven’t touched my forsaken hunter in years. Since Cata at least. Alliance side can be fun if you get in with the right group of peeps. :wolf:

1 Like

You’re either a white human paladin, probably very patriotic. A shirtless orc warrior with Big Axe, who’s character revolves around being grumpy all the time. Or you’re a gay elf.

Everything else is off-meta

3 Likes

None of those are my vibe lol

1 Like

Serious answer, tho, download TRP3 and run around some hubs on RP servers, read character bios. Even if you don’t rp yourself, those servers are pretty fun. You get server-wide events pretty much weekly, all organized by players. It died down a bit, for obvious reasons, but you can still find some.

2 Likes

I know moonguard alliance side has the cathedral services every Saturday night server time, there is weekly job market, the nightly GNEWS broadcast about the current rp events and happenings on the alliance side. Plus my guild holds their weekly events. Might not be as many people now but there’s still plenty going on

2 Likes

I might start a character and check it out.

2 Likes

Should give it a try. Might like it :wolf:

2 Likes

When it comes to character creation, my process usually begins with aesthetic and appearance. It didn’t used to be that way, but ever since I have been DMing DnD campaigns, I have found that I often need to come up with NPCs on the fly. And since I need to describe what the NPC looks like to the players, that is usually what I do first before anything else.

I find that isn’t a bad starting place, because it gets your foot in the door, and it gives you something to work around.

I also find building around broader concepts is a good process too. A lot of my characters are personifications of some of my insecurities/mental health and/or aspects of my identity. Other characters are built around more theoretical ideas like “What about an orc that was born into the Burning Blade cult, but was rescued or reformed?”

There are a lot of ways to design a character. What I generally tell people who don’t know where to start is “Think of a character that you would want to see in the lore.” or “Think of a character you would want to write or read a book about.”

I think that last one is a big one, because WoW RP is basically collaborative creative writing.

3 Likes

The Forsaken RP died when they lost Undercity. They don’t have a community any longer.

2 Likes

That’s what I expected and therefore the Night elves can’t claim to be the sole victims here.

The main difference is that people play on Moon Guard and people do not play on WRA. I play on both and the concept that MG has “more but lower quality RP” is kind of just a cope from people who play on WRA to attempt to maintain some sort of level of superiority. Because you will see a lot of people who take liberties with the lore - which I do not care because I do not interact with them if I do not choose to, not as if WoW lore is worthy of keeping the integrity of - because there’s just more people in general.

1 Like

Ethriel what are your thoughts now that my speculating was right? What’s your take?

3 Likes